It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

big grey box

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I am using a tablet to view and post on ATS. While reading posts in any forum I am getting a big grey box covering the posts at the top of the screen. This started happening yesterday. I'll be scrolling down the page when all of a sudden the text is gone and I have half a grey screen while the text is still visible at the bottom. Any clues. I have virus protection and also Amazon has assured me that the kindle is safe .

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Come on someone help me out here. It's annoying.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

I don't have that but is it below the "new" and "recent" floater? Are you using the desktop version or the mobile version? I'm guessing desktop. Can you make a screenshot?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

The floater disappears. Where do I get the mobile version. This is something new. It started yesterday but I've been viewing and posting with the device for months now. It never happened before. I don't know how to make a screen shot sorry. Technoidiot here.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Maybe check the version of your _javascript stuff.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I would reccomnd the desktop version but that is me. You can switch between mobile or desktop version in accountvsettings.

All the way down you will find this:

Did you try the obvious things like clearing cache of your browser on your tablet. Sorry for the late reply btw
edit on 15-12-2013 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I think in your profile page there is an option for mobile version.

eta i see i was typing a tad too late.. post above me was it and more informative. Oh well.

edit on 12/15/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

This new format has me totally lost. How,do I get to account,settings

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Never miss I found it. I can't read the messages to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The box is still showing up.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm on an iPad I haven't updated in a long time but do not see any big gray box. I initially wondered if that was some kind of new posting forum on here.

One thing I do not like about mobile modes is that many sites seem to lock the screen display to fit the screen and take away the ability to enlarge text so that sucks. If I have to squint to read, I may forget about it. I think there is a way to get screen shots on a mobile device.

mobile modes was supposed to be mobile devices, stupid auto word corrector is annoying at times.
edit on 15/12/13 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

What browser do you use? The standard or do you use chrome?
I have no clue. Maybe ask one of the developers of this site and giving them your specs of tablet and browser you use?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Auto correct does suck. And it doesn't recognize curse words. I have to keel adding them to the list. Yet whenever I start a word with the letter "L" in it throws up the word lesbian for me to select. Go figure.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The Issue has apparently resolved itself.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
So now an even bigger mystery... whu..happened ??¿¿…

The big grey box that decended from the top of the screen subsequently allowing me to view only three or four lines of text at a time has now disappeared . No I'm not complaining. I don't want it back for criminy sake…I'm just wondering what it was and what if anything I did or didn't do that may or may not have caused it. LOL . Isn't ambiguity funny ?

Anyway it disappeared just as mysteriously as it began.
As a girl named Alice once said , curiouser and curiouser …

top topics

join