It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China And The Moon. We Were Warned Not To Go Back?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

alfa1

eManym
On the surface of the moon the spacesuits would balloon out from the vacuum.

I understand that you are indicating my statement isn't true. Care to explain?

Scenario: July 1969:
For the first time, mankind steps onto the surface of the moon.

Neil: OMG!!1 my spacesuit is all ballooning out from the vacuum!!1! Now I have to bounce around really jerky. I cant believe that in the history of our space program, that we forgot to think of this.
Capcom: OMG you're right. How on earth did our spacesuit designers not think of the ballooning problem?
Neil: Yeah, I'm going to have a few nasty words to say to them when I get back.
Capcom: Its hard to figure out why we didnt notice this before.

edit on 15-12-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

They knew all about it. Its a characteristic of the spacesuit. It doesn't balloon much but stiffens up and makes movement difficult.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eManym

Difficult but not impossible. Otherwise we couldn't even be in space at all, since they're the same suits that were used in low earth orbit.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

The Chinese face the same issue we faced and why Armstrong cried when asked about it toward the end and that is radiation. You will hear everything from they escaped at the poles to the engines shielded them to they went through really fast lol.

It is a huge, thousands of kilometers wide, and most of the time is actually three radiation belts. There are many that say we have never been passed it. Nasa just launched two satellites to study it, why, because they know we will have to get through them to escape earth.

Most people don't know that both the Russians and the U.S. blew up multiple types of nuclear warheads in the upper atmosphere and space. Could we be more stupid lol. Here on earth this radiation contaminates completely and lasts for thousands of years. So in the vacuum of space we are to believe it just disappeared lol.

The more you research it the more a rational mind believes we never went lol.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Have you ever looked at the radiation belts? Ever? Even once? They're not uniform, and they don't cover the entire planet. NASA is studying them because to stay in space we need to change things, a lot. It's one thing to stay on the moon for a few days, and another to stay there for months, or even years. It's much harder to stay there longer.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss
First off it is exciting to see that after 40 years the Human Race has landed on the Moon again, albeit a rover. But my concern is this. According to past research by others, were we warned not to go back to the Moon by ETs living there? If this is the case, as alledged to be, then how will ET react to the rover landing? They surely must know this is a precursor to another manned mission? And just WHY were we warned off the Moon anyway? Surely as the Moon is in our backyard, by right it is something belonging to Human Race. I also think we have a right to land on Mars and mine asteroids. I can however understand ET not wanting to reach out further than that until we change our ways and don't fight each other anymore.

Thoughts anyone? WIll China's landing lead to disclousure of some sort?

I am excited right there with you. Science demands confirmation. And we have been waiting a long time for a third country to confirm that it is technologically possible to soft land on the Moon.

This image, from NASA, is a few years old, I clipped it from a video of one of the lunar conferences from probably a couple of years ago.

NASA takes the orders from POTUS which means every POTUS since Nixon has decided not to go back (to the surface), with rovers or stations, with lunar-based telescopes or surface based experiments. The Apollo experiments were switched off by 1977 (the same year von Braun died of cancer) and USA never went back to the surface... so the "imbeciles" and "fools in charge" of NASA for the last 42 years have all been occupants of the White House, and that's both republicans and democrats.

NASA, under Obama and Bolden, have established Keep Out Zones on the Apollo landing sites. It doesn't matter how big these Keep Out Zones are... a Keep Out Zone is still a Keep Out Zone.

I saw one remark in another thread that NASA is going to bring LRO around to "confirm" the Chinese landing site. I have seen in other threads where people have matched up previous LRO images with the Chinese publicity images and it looks pretty good to say that the Chinese have landed.

It was the LRO spacecraft that attempted the bi-static radar assignment with the Indian Chandrayaan-1 lunar orbiter... and the Indian craft was burned up by LRO's dedicated laser tracker, e.g. a laser weapon.

Now what if the LRO is going to swing down low and capture images of the Chinese lander and rover?? The LRO could "confirm" the Chinese landing site and then shoot lasers at the Yutu to disable it.

We must look back in human history and see how humans treat each other on the new frontiers... it's a wilderness environment, it's everyman (every country) for himself, the territories of the moon could be a lot like the shoot out at the OK Corral.... or it could be like Cortez in Mexico, where humans are Cortez and we found natives on the moon... or it could be like finding a dead city, intact, on the moon, or a monolithic, unnatural structure, or other evidence of Ancient Aliens.

FYI, USA also has another, newer, laser based platform orbiting the moon... the LADEE... it's loaded with high-power lasers and experimental laser communications.

There are no real solid agreements between countries for the use of outer space. There are many UN papers and such however some countries have not signed all the agreements, e.g. USA.

This is truly a time for new frontiers.. unlike the late 60's-70's, when only 2 countries had the capability.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

SayonaraJupiter
FYI, USA also has another, newer, laser based platform orbiting the moon... the LADEE... it's loaded with high-power lasers and experimental laser communications.

So you're still trying to claim that communications lasers are high powered weapons huh. You really need to go talk to the military, since they've been going about laser weapons all wrong then. They've spent billions trying to develop a good workable laser weapon when all they had to do was put communications lasers on something. You've solved the problem for them!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
China plays the long game and everything, and I mean everything, it does is for a purpose.

You can be certain that this has been a long time in planning and whilst it will have it's own specific aims and goals it will also be a part of some larger plan or strategy.

Personally I hope either they or anyone else gets their arse in gear and goes back soon and put an end to the seemingly endless stream of moon landing hoax theories. Every time a 'theory' gets debunked another one immediately crops up, its become an industry all of its own and has no doubt made some people very wealthy whilst doing very little for the credibility of conspiracy theorists as a whole.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

There's nothing preventing anyone from visiting the moon at any time by any means except the hurdles of Engineering and Physics as well as the costs involved in managing them.

You have left out the most important motivation: political will.

In the past 41 years there has been no political will to send a human being or a monkey outside low earth orbit. Where there is no will, there is no way.

Only one man in the history of the world had the political will to order the missions and that man was Richard Nixon. No one else has dared to call his bluff... in 41 years...

41 years ago, December 14, 1972, Richard Nixon's CIA men had just lifted off the surface of the "moon."

Before the Apollo 17 crew splashed down in the Pacific on December 19th of 1972, Richard Nixon's political will was still not used up. Nixon ordered the $4 Billion Christmas present for North Viet Nam.

Nixon lost about 15 B-52 bombers and even more support planes in the exercise of his political will of Operation Linebacker II. en.wikipedia.org...

Not even Vladimir Putin has the political will to order humans and monkeys outside of low earth orbit. Because he knows that Nixon had bigger cajones than him and Putin won't order it and up until this very day, December 15, 2013, no else will do it either. Science and engineering are married to political will.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

The whole "We were warned" thing is just part of the UFO/Alien Mythology that's grown up around all the charlatanism and snake oil salesmen than have been eagerly gobbled down as gospel by over-willing believers.

The US had several missions to the Moon and if there was indeed such a warning, it'd be expected that only one mission would have ever landed. That's not the case.

There's nothing preventing anyone from visiting the moon at any time by any means except the hurdles of Engineering and Physics as well as the costs involved in managing them.

You are not going to convince those unscientific fools that still think we didn't land on the moon! They are laughable, like the astronauts said about the 'hoax theories" ... "We were out to beat the USSR to land on the moon, which we did so if we were going to fake it why would we fake it six times!? Once would have been enough!" Also, former Russians that was working on their Moon project said of the hoaxers "If anybody was to detect a faked landing, it would have been Russia, doesn't those people know we were watching and listening intently to all the Apollo flights?"
Also, never mind they have satellite images of the landing sites complete with the astronauts footprints in the moon dust?
I can only ask the same thing Neil Armstrong said "why would we fake it, and why would we throw in a failed mission (Apollo 13) as well?"
As incredible as it seems there are still people (not unlike the Flat Earth people) that even with all this proof still believes that we didn't go!!
It seems like they would quietly go away as to me it would be a major embarrassment for an adult to still believe that!
People has asked why we haven gone back, it's because it was the most expensive project in the history of mankind, we got samples and proved we could do it but Nixon canceled the remainder because he felt we had reached our objective and the money could be diverted to LBJ's pet project, the Viet Nam war!
edit on 15-12-2013 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

The whole "We were warned" thing is just part of the UFO/Alien Mythology that's grown up around all the charlatanism and snake oil salesmen than have been eagerly gobbled down as gospel by over-willing believers.

The US had several missions to the Moon and if there was indeed such a warning, it'd be expected that only one mission would have ever landed. That's not the case.

Why is it Charlatanism?How do you know?Why have the states not been back in all those years?It's not for a lack of money or public support,that's for sure,and the United States is not exactly a country that lacks ambition.

I had an experience much akin to Richard Dolans personal experience with U.F.O.s.
When he sat down and thought about it he came to the conclusion we are quarantined here as i did.The interaction of something non human is more prevalent than most of the public can imagine,it happens mainly on a subconscious level and those of us lucky enough to be wide awake when they have some form of experience come back with absolutely no form of tangible evidence whatsoever so we can never prove our points or thoughts or experiences.

There are many questions to be answered on this,the fact that technology suppression exists and is used by elements of the intelligence communities to shut down entrepreneurs would have most people believing that it's the banksters love of oil money that stops cold fusion or other forms of exotic energy from being embraced,but it isn't.
The banksters could take over and bankrupt any business they wish,they could switch from oil to any other energy in a heart beat,as long as they print the money and hold the monopoly of that business then they will always make money.So there is something else at play here.
And why the Secret space program?
The threats were not just about the Moon.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by southbeach

Not for lack of money? The NASA annual budget is a tiny fraction of what it was during the Apollo timeframe.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Not for lack of money? The NASA annual budget is a tiny fraction of what it was during the Apollo timeframe.

Exactly.
I wonder why?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Because once the moon missions stopped there was no interest in going back, and there was no reason for the massive budget. The attitude became, and still is, "fix Earth first, then bother with space".

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

To paraphrase Woody Allen (an alien himself), "I wouldn't want to walk on any planetoid who's resident aliens would allow me to walk on it." What alien in their right mind would live on the moon? It's no place to raise kids, to get a quality education, and its cold and dusty and those stones underfoot don't make living on it easy.

Bottom line, no aliens, just dust.

Living on the Moon Lol,it's the resources mate,mainly Helium 3 that are there.
And that is what China is going there for.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Because once the moon missions stopped there was no interest in going back, and there was no reason for the massive budget. The attitude became, and still is, "fix Earth first, then bother with space".

You have me laughing in your naivety.
There are vast amounts of wealth on this planet held by tiny inbred elite families that could commit to a space program and reap untold wealth in the long run but instead build underground bunkers and poison the food,water and air supply and are determined to adopt population control so that the Planet is still sustainable for their fourteen toed and twelve fingered sons and daughters at the demise of the rest of humanity.
Earths objective is to branch its seed out into the Universe,it's mans destiny.It's the Universal structure of intelligent life.
At this present moment we as a species are in a dire predicament,if we are hit by an extinction level catastrophe then we may well become extinct,so the answer is not just to focus on Earth first but to reach out into the cosmos and start colonies or terraform when that technology becomes available.
TPTB are not stupid,they know our predicament but go inwards instead of outwards.
Why is that?
Threats and quarantine.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

And 90% of people don't care about space and dumping money into the space program. If you ask them to name two stars they can't do it. As them about tidal locking, and they'll look at you with a blank stare like you're stupid. They don't care if our "destiny" is to spread out among the stars, or if humanity is doomed if we're hit with an ELE. They just know that we have enough problems to deal with right now, and we should be spending our money here on earth first. They'd be perfectly happy to see NASA completely eliminated and disbanded.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Zaphod58

And 90% of people don't care about space and dumping money into the space program. If you ask them to name two stars they can't do it. As them about tidal locking, and they'll look at you with a blank stare like you're stupid. They don't care if our "destiny" is to spread out among the stars, or if humanity is doomed if we're hit with an ELE. They just know that we have enough problems to deal with right now, and we should be spending our money here on earth first. They'd be perfectly happy to see NASA completely eliminated and disbanded.

Aww sorry your'e right like Iraq,Afghanistan,and potential suitors,Syria and Iran,Yeah much better ways to spend money or Obamacare...even better.
On the 10th sept 2001 Donald Rumsfeld announced there is $2.3 trillion missing from the penatgon.
Where did that money go?
And today there is around $9 trillion missing.

Who are you referring to when you say"They would be happy seeing NASA disbanded?"

Anyway you are doing a good job at deflecting from the topic.
Quarantine,it exists.And so does technology suppression.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The $2.3 Trillion wasn't missing. It wasn't accounted for at the time, it has been since.

The public, who is supposed to be the support for NASA doesn't want us in space.

Prove that we're quarantined. Other than YouTube videos and pure speculation.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Zaphod58

The $2.3 Trillion wasn't missing. It wasn't accounted for at the time, it has been since.

The public, who is supposed to be the support for NASA doesn't want us in space.

Prove that we're quarantined. Other than YouTube videos and pure speculation.

Well by counter argument can you prove that quarantine doesn't exist? And then i would say by personal experience it's not speculation it's fact for me.Believe what you want,it's fine but you cannot disprove it and i cannot prove it.

Prove to me where the money..$2.3 trillion turned up.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

It was "missing" from as early as 1999.

In fiscal 1999, a defense audit found that about $2.3 trillion of balances, transactions and adjustments were inadequately documented. These "unsupported" transactions do not mean the department ultimately cannot account for them, she advised, but that tracking down needed documents would take a long time. Auditors, she said, might have to go to different computer systems, to different locations or access different databases to get information.

www.defense.gov...

There were 674 different computer accounting systems in the DoD system. Almost half a trillion of "missing" money was from adjustments as they tried to make all the systems talk to each other.

The entire budget for the DoD in 2000 was $1.8T, so the entire budget went missing, along with half a trillion more?

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join