It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China And The Moon. We Were Warned Not To Go Back?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Russia and China are consistently talked down and pretty much ridiculed as if the USA is God-Like and no one but us could "really mean it" on things like this, for space travel, science or serious R&D.

I tend to agree and wonder if it's why China wants to stand alone when it comes to space exploration.

NASA, Russia, ESA and others have pooled resources for projects like the ISS, yet China choose to do it on their own.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

I'm just going by Chinese history as a culture and people, which I understand is still very near and immediate there in a way it's come to be largely empty in other places. I'm going to guess China is going it alone for the ability to keep total control of direction, information and end results.

I sure don't buy for a second that China is just landing a rover to do a 'check it out' thing and basic science package for the pure joy of learning. lol....

I think China thinks very big when they get to thinking ambitiously. Why would space be different? It may be real interesting to watch in coming years and more, for how China proceeds as they follow our old path in gathering and confirming all their OWN base data before moving on.

That's pretty much what they've been doing so far, eh? Just re-inventing the wheel so it's a Chinese wheel with no silly errors or math goofs like Feet to Meter conversion on a Mars probe. (I'll never let that one die...too classic an example)
edit on 15-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
As far as the Chinese claim to wish to turn the Moon into a weapons platform?
I think it's intolerable.
I think man has enough things that make you go "hmmm?"...we don't need another Sword of Damocles (or Wuping as the case maybe) hanging over our heads.
I think mankind owes it to the universe to make the genuine effort not to spread his insanity to every other planetary body we can find that lets us dig holes in it with a stick.
Any nation that does deserves a time out.

-Peace

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I really wish they had landed close to where the flag is. That would put an end to all the conspiracies about whether man did in fact walk on the moon. There are supposed to be a lot of things left around the site there as well...

edit on 15-12-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

scotsdavy1
I really wish they had landed close to where the flag is. That would put an end to all the conspiracies about whether man did in fact walk on the moon. There are supposed to be a lot of things left around the site there as well...

Nothing, and I mean nothing, will stop the moon deniers from their appointed rounds. If the flag was photographed (and all the landing sites have been from the air) the deniers would claim that the Chinese rover is on a sound stage in Beijing.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Aleister

scotsdavy1

Nothing, and I mean nothing, will stop the moon deniers from their appointed rounds. If the flag was photographed (and all the landing sites have been from the air) the deniers would claim that the Chinese rover is on a sound stage in Beijing.

That's very true, good point..

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

eManym
The moon, no ET there, but to a writer, if you stretch the truth and fabricate lies, it sells books to the gullible.

Beware explicit language.

edit on 14-12-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

i like how on all moon footage you only get 1 view and 1 angle if i was up there with a camera id be fliming everything moving around and stuff. the moon landing was fake imo. its 2014 and they still wont go back to the moon cause its freaking impossible for a human to do so. if so then prove it again thats all i got to say

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss
First off it is exciting to see that after 40 years the Human Race has landed on the Moon again, albeit a rover. But my concern is this. According to past research by others, were we warned not to go back to the Moon by ETs living there? If this is the case, as alledged to be, then how will ET react to the rover landing? They surely must know this is a precursor to another manned mission? And just WHY were we warned off the Moon anyway? Surely as the Moon is in our backyard, by right it is something belonging to Human Race. I also think we have a right to land on Mars and mine asteroids. I can however understand ET not wanting to reach out further than that until we change our ways and don't fight each other anymore.

Thoughts anyone? WIll China's landing lead to disclousure of some sort?

Well i guess you first have to believe that we went to the moon at all. One of the most hotly debated conspiracy theories of all time. Even today it's still debated. I myself watched the events live on teli. Many of you were not born then lol. I had many questions myself.

When he stepped off onto the moon he landed in fine soft silt and left perfect print but when they landed they did not kick up any dust cloud at all. Nor did they when they left. Nor did the rockets leave burn marks.

Their ship and suits were not made with radiation in mind. Yet we are left to believe that the engine was enough to shield them from the radiation belt.

Bunch of bull chit and they take us all out to be idiots. Radiation would have permeated that engine and enveloped it and the astronauts. They want us to believe everything was made of solid lead and not the very light weight aluminum composite that it was truly made of.

None of the astronauts had any signs of radiation sicknesses at all which was not possible. There were many other things that were odd for me. One of which was their movement. Once in training we experienced simulated weightlessness. In watching them move it looked fake to me. It would have been much smoother and more effortless.

Think john walker movie only not so dramatic. Even weighted their movement would be almost fluid not herky jerky. Something was way way off their. I could go on and these were thoughts from watching it live.

At the least the Chinese could verify some things. We will see.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

The whole "We were warned" thing is just part of the UFO/Alien Mythology that's grown up around all the charlatanism and snake oil salesmen than have been eagerly gobbled down as gospel by over-willing believers.

The US had several missions to the Moon and if there was indeed such a warning, it'd be expected that only one mission would have ever landed. That's not the case.

There's nothing preventing anyone from visiting the moon at any time by any means except the hurdles of Engineering and Physics as well as the costs involved in managing them.

proof? (i know it sucks when it goes both ways)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Personally, I think China is most likely to burn the secrets and turn it public. Specifically because we won't. If it won't hurt them any (and they haven't been running black programs they care about hiding for 50+ years) why not release info if they find something big?

You're not thinking with your Chinese hat on wrabbit...profit is the name of the game for our Chinese firends...dangling the 'shall we tell or shall we not tell what we've found on the moon' carrot and stick over the heads of the US during trade negotiations would be VERY profitable indeed.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The USA and the Soviets were probably the parties told to not return to the Moon...

so China and India and perhaps Iran in the future have never been invited to the Moon...but neihher have those nations been directly warned Not To Set Up Bases on the Moon

considering the role reversals of the USA and now Russia instead of USSR... and the USA decommissioning some several thousand nuclear bombs... perhaps Russia should be welcomed back to the Moon & leave the USA to collapse under it's imposed tyranny of ØbamaCare

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

I hear you, but could the herky-jerky movements be due to the fact that the moon does have gravity, albeit much weaker than Earth, so the astronauts were not actually weightless there?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
On the surface of the moon the spacesuits would balloon out from the vacuum. This would cause the movement of the astronauts to be jerky and make them have to jump around to get from place to place.

I have no doubt that the USA did put men on the moon. As for radiation, I can't verify this but didn't the landing events occur with the opposite side of the moon facing the sun and illumination of the surface produced by earth shine?

Most images of the Earth from the moon show no sun behind it.
edit on 15-12-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

eManym
On the surface of the moon the spacesuits would balloon out from the vacuum.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Two thoughts...

If the US had never went to the moon, then we wouldn't want a Chinese Rover there with even the possibility of proving that, so the US would have shot down the rover before it even landed. We have that technology I'm sure. We didn't therefore...

If the Aliens had warned us away, then they certainly had the technology to shot down this thing before it landed...they didn't...therefore...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by eManym

Why USA has not claimed to own the moon, there is legal precedence for being first to planting one's flag on lands as having ownership rights.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

alfa1

eManym

I understand that you are indicating my statement isn't true. Care to explain?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

eManym

I understand that you are indicating my statement isn't true. Care to explain?

Scenario: July 1969:
For the first time, mankind steps onto the surface of the moon.

Neil: OMG!!1 my spacesuit is all ballooning out from the vacuum!!1! Now I have to bounce around really jerky. I cant believe that in the history of our space program, that we forgot to think of this.
Capcom: OMG you're right. How on earth did our spacesuit designers not think of the ballooning problem?
Neil: Yeah, I'm going to have a few nasty words to say to them when I get back.
Capcom: Its hard to figure out why we didnt notice this before.

edit on 15-12-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I think China thinks very big when they get to thinking ambitiously. Why would space be different?

You know there my little fury friend, you're right, China does think Big.
They've also been planning this for awhile now, China as Long Range Goals as I know you understand like I do, just ask my wife, she has my like planned out to my last breath, I think

Here is a site that'll help some people here understand, China is Not kidding, they want to Master Space.

3. Human Spaceflight
China will push forward human spaceflight projects and make new technological breakthroughs, creating a foundation for future human spaceflight.
It will launch the Shenzhou-9 and Shenzhou-10 spaceships and achieve unmanned or manned rendezvous and docking with the in-orbit Tiangong-1 vehicle.
China will launch space laboratories, manned spaceship and space freighters; make breakthroughs in and master space station key technologies, including astronauts' medium-term stay, regenerative life support and propellant refueling; conduct space applications to a certain extent and make technological preparations for the construction of space stations.
China will conduct studies on the preliminary plan for a human lunar landing.
4. Deep-space Exploration
China carries out deep-space exploration in stages, with limited goals.
Based on the idea of "three steps" orbiting, landing and returning for continuing lunar probe projects, China will launch orbiters for lunar soft landing, roving and surveying to implement the second stage of lunar exploration. In the third stage, China will start to conduct sampling the moon's surface matters and get those samples back to Earth.
China will conduct special project demonstration in deep-space exploration, and push forward its exploration of planets, asteroids and the sun of the solar system.

China's Space activities

China will fire a lucky bunch of taikonauts at the Moon after 2017 as a precursor to establishing a base there, although it admitted that there is no timetable as yet for a manned lunar landing.

Ouyang Ziyuan, chief scientist for China’s lunar orbiter project, told a conference of the Academy of Sciences for the Developing World in the northern city of Tianjin that his team needs to find out more about the Moon’s surface before drawing up further plans, according to Xinhua.

China Plot 2017 moon mission

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

dlbott
They want us to believe everything was made of solid lead and not the very light weight aluminum composite that it was truly made of.

None of the astronauts had any signs of radiation sicknesses at all which was not possible. There were many other things that were odd for me.

No one but moon hoax believers try to claim that the ship should have been made of lead to get through the Van Allen Belts, or to deal with GCRs. Lead would have killed the astronauts before they got back from the moon probably, and certainly within weeks.

Most of the radiation in space is Alpha and Beta particles, which aren't hard to shield against. But with the speed the particles are traveling a dense material would create so much radiation in the ship that it would have killed them quickly and painfully.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join