It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China And The Moon. We Were Warned Not To Go Back?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Had the possibility of the past research you speak of being completely wrong occurred to you?

And I know it's the in thing to hate on NASA and the US, but really, do you honestly think China will be the ones to disclose anything?

Personally, I think China is most likely to burn the secrets and turn it public. Specifically because we won't. If it won't hurt them any (and they haven't been running black programs they care about hiding for 50+ years) why not release info if they find something big?

Lets say the rumors of evidence indicating previous structures on the Moon has any truth at all, just for the fun of it. Well, China would probably see a P.R. win as 'just now' stumbling on it.....while putting another big pie in our face in a way we wouldn't even say much about for the need to maintain any shreds of secrecy left.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Now we are not certain as to the voracity of the WARNED OFF story as it may be dis information and we also do not know if cold war military plans wanted the 'supposedly' civilian space agency off while they used it for there own purpose but the only reason a race of ET would warn us off a place with possible archaeological ruins of a high tech nature that they probably never built was to prevent us recovering our own lost technology and we do not know if perhaps our ancestors or predecessors had a fight with these ET but what if they are not ET but extra ecological remnants of an old race whom after perhaps surviving what ever cataclysm may have devastated the solar system are now biologically incompatible with life on earth due to chemical and pathogenic isolation as well as possible limited gene pool and whatever solution they may have found to the inherent problems that would have caused.
I feel the ruins on the moon do belong to us but whom is to say we are the only race with a valid claim from right here on earth, though do they still live perhaps in biological isolation in underground survival facilitys or even in space, and perhaps are they the evolved survivors of that culture that built the ruins that most people either do not believe in or deny exist despite the general and almost constant NASA airbrushing and photo manipulation techniques, do you wonder why the Hubble images of the lunar surface are in such paucity and why they never even for public relations took a sharp snap shot of the surface of the moon,.

Or perhaps they had secret nuclear installation on the moon knowing that the bunkers on earth would likely be wiped out in an exchange.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Regardless of the story being true or not, I do find it interesting that we stopped going back to the moon. I understand that everyone wants to throw out costs and possible danger associated with the trip, but lets be real, when has "cost" ever stopped our Govt from spending??? Heck, I'm pretty sure they just spent over a billion + on a freaking website, I'll repeat, a billion plus on a website, hahahaha.... We have a $600-900 billion military budget (depending on the year)... If there's something of interest there, I'm sure we (the US) would be their investigating it, regardless of cost/risk... So the story does make you think...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss
According to past research by others, were we warned not to go back to the Moon by ETs living there? If this is the case, as alledged to be, then how will ET react to the rover landing?

If we were warned not to go back, then why has there been a multitude of unmanned missions to the moon since then, including a russian rover, and another that soft landed, collected samples, and returned back to earth?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

moon. I understand that everyone wants to throw out costs and possible danger associated with the trip, but lets be real, when has "cost" ever stopped our Govt from spending?
reply to post by jhn7537

Not cost.
Cost vs. benefit.
Big difference.

The political benefit of landing a man on the Moon in 1969 (cold war...tech high ground...) was immense. Now...not so much.

edit on 12/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Maybe the Chinese were not warned that they could not go to the moon...Perhaps it was just the USA that was warned not to return??
edit on 15-12-2013 by SuchIsLife because: Edit

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
"The Warning" was: You can visit us, but you can't establish here!

Horizon Lunar Outpost

American manned lunar base. Study 1959. In 1959 the US Army completed a plan for a manned military outpost on the moon. The Horizon lunar outpost was said to be necessary to protect United States interests on the moon; to conduct moon-based surveillance of the earth and space, to act as a communications relay, and to serve as a base for exploration of the moon. The permanent outpost would cost $6 billion and become operational in December 1966 with 12 soldiers

edit on 15-12-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

AlphaHawk

Had the possibility of the past research you speak of being completely wrong occurred to you?

And I know it's the in thing to hate on NASA and the US, but really, do you honestly think China will be the ones to disclose anything?

Personally, I think China is most likely to burn the secrets and turn it public. Specifically because we won't. If it won't hurt them any (and they haven't been running black programs they care about hiding for 50+ years) why not release info if they find something big?

Lets say the rumors of evidence indicating previous structures on the Moon has any truth at all, just for the fun of it. Well, China would probably see a P.R. win as 'just now' stumbling on it.....while putting another big pie in our face in a way we wouldn't even say much about for the need to maintain any shreds of secrecy left.

Napoleon said: "Let China Sleep, for when the Dragon awakes, she will shake the world!."

Seems China it has begun to yawn...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Maybe it was just America that was told not to come back! hey dont feel bad I've been tossed from a few places myself and told not to come back.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

PLAYERONE01
Maybe it was just America that was told not to come back! hey dont feel bad I've been tossed from a few places myself and told not to come back.

i say we go back and take the dam thing!!

assemble the armada!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Didn't NASA throw a bomb on the moon in 2009? Nothing alieny happened back then so why should a rover cause any upset.
If aliens where living on the moon and we would throw a bomb on it, would they not be angry by that and see it as more of a attack on them then sending a little rover.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Perhaps the Moon is the legitimate Home Planet of a species mostly unknown to us, who does not want us to be there.

I'm sure it would be much the same if Aliens landed here on Earth, our Home Planet.

Maybe the Aliens are in fact the Chinese, who have lived there so long that they have/had developed time-travel, and the Aliens we supposedly made contact with are simply highly evolved/advanced ex-human Chinese.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

It would make disclosure easier if someone other than the U.S revealed all. But, would it be one of those "firsts" they couldn't pass over?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Aleister

To paraphrase Woody Allen (an alien himself), "I wouldn't want to walk on any planetoid who's resident aliens would allow me to walk on it." What alien in their right mind would live on the moon? It's no place to raise kids, to get a quality education, and its cold and dusty and those stones underfoot don't make living on it easy.

Bottom line, no aliens, just dust.

I thought it was Mars.
Mars ain't no place to raise your kids in fact it's cold as hell and there's no one there to raise them if you did...Rocket man...

m.youtube.com...
edit on 15-12-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The Chinese efforts are just directed at their local population as an sign that China is catching up. It is just a publicity stunt. The one party dictatorship that is China needs to keep the nationalistic agenda going with these high profile, but pointless projects.

China are not yet participants is the serious business of hard edged science in space. NASA and the ESA have been merrily undertaking really complex and cutting edge space programmes for years and these actually contribute to the knowledge of the Solar System and the Universe. That's the real challenge for China, but because of the nature of the work, it does not make the headlines. The real science is where evidence of aliens will be found.

In the UK, the news of China's milestone has been well publicised, but no-one has ever hear of Rosetta, launched a decade ago and so much more complicated and difficult than a Luna publicity stunt.

If there were aliens on the moon - and we have known about it - then it would have leaked. I mean, let's face it, the West cannot keep anything secret!

Regards

Regards

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Come on really? Wouldn't there be evidence of this lost civilization here on earth? What we can find evidence of the dinosaurs existence but not of an advanced human civilization ? What happened that there is absolutely nothing left of their existence ?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

The Chinese efforts are just directed at their local population as an sign that China is catching up. It is just a publicity stunt. The one party dictatorship that is China needs to keep the nationalistic agenda going with these high profile, but pointless projects.

I've got to ask, after having done some features for ATS Radio and more lately with specific China focus? Where are you coming up with the conclusions here? China has radically changed in just 15 years time from a largely agrarian society to a BOOMING first world economy that, so far, is among the leaders of world growth (FAR beyond us, for years now) with few signs of slowing.

If people want to take the Chinese as "just playing" about Space, I think that's a very profound miscalculation of the Chinese people, culture and history which are all playing into what they're transforming into.

This seems a real pattern and it's more than a little disturbing for the ..well? ignorance. Russia and China are consistently talked down and pretty much ridiculed as if the USA is God-Like and no one but us could "really mean it" on things like this, for space travel, science or serious R&D.

This overwhelming cultural superiority the West seems to show is what has formed the core to what is destroying us, IMO. Quickly, the way past years have gone.
edit on 15-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Maybe China has a Mars or Titan rover on the drawing board (or on the launch pad!), and if they want to go for a manned Mars landing soon, more power to them. A live Mars landing would solidify their place in the world.

As I think with all rover events and major news stories, I wish the space nations would just fund dozens or hundreds of them at a time, and get them up everywhere and all over the various planets/moons. Sending one (if we're lucky, two) up around the same time seems like a drip effect. I want rovers roving all over the solar system.
edit on 15-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Don't expect the Chinese to be too forthcoming with what they see and do up there, the entire mission is shrouded in secrecy, with little information about the rover and lander available.

www.pulispace.com...
edit on 15-12-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
What "Right" are you referring to? Is it because we can therefore we have the right to do it? Also I believe it was Just the US warned off the moon, the Chinese did not get that memorandum. To bad we will never know the truth %100.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join