It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erroneous WA health exchange debits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well this one certainly hits close to home so I guess it's a good idea I didn't get "signed up." Unfortunately for some of my fellow Washingtonians they weren't so lucky.

Reports of erroneous WA health exchange debits

For the second week in a row, the Washington Healthplanfinder website is down, and it's causing problems for people who are dealing with billing issues. Some of them say the website is mistakenly debiting their accounts.

Shannon Bruner of Indianola logged on to her checking account Monday morning, and found she was almost 800 dollars in the negative.

“The first thing I thought was, ‘I got screwed,’” she said.

One viewer emailed KING 5 saying, "They drafted my account this morning for a second time."

Another woman on Facebook with a similar problem commented, "We are all in the same boat."

All I can say is I feel sorry for these folks, first the overdrafts, then penalties from the bank most likely. We'll probably be seeing more of this as well with the billing problems nation wide.

In all fairness the first time I took a look at this site and tried to check some quotes I got this message. Guess these folks might wish now they'd gotten the same message. Merry Christmas people, from the emperor.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Sounds like the lady who got the $800 overdraft could barely afford the policy to begin with.

What a slap in the face.

This is beyond speculation.

The joke's on us.

The lawyers are smelling gold.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I couldn't afford that kind of hit, that's for sure.

The only thing I can think of to say to Americans at this point is "Just Say No." Hold out a year or two if possible without signing up for this mess. Either it'll work itself out eventually or just implode.

My guess is it implodes.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
what a horrible development, yet, i believe it isn't even the tip of the iceberg.

i wonder how many of those 'double drafts' were the result of diverted transmissions, downline ?

secure website, my arse

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
so let me get this straight ... Sebelius is spending over $4.5 Billion dollars to create these web-robbers, while at the same time claiming her dept doesn't have sufficient funds to provide healthCARE to those in need ?
am i close ?

if so, i wonder how many 'pre-existing' conditions could be treated with the $4.5 Billion she already flushed ??

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

if so, i wonder how many 'pre-existing' conditions could be treated with the $4.5 Billion she already flushed ??

That's kind of the kicker, even if they used the money to buy obamacare plans there's no guarentee you can get your doctor to accept it anyway. Then there's always the possibility the docs have been kicked off network anyway but hey, those interns need the practice anyway right?

If they spent the money strictly on giving care to those who needed it the money would run out quickly anyway. This is the US after all, one of the highest if not highest costs of care in the world.

Best option, use the money for plane tickets and if you're sick fly to the UK or the EU.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

i can't agree with all of what you said but for the most part, we agree.

i don't know about others, but i can overdraw an account just fine, all on my own ... neither the government's guidance or assistance is necessary or welcome.

other 'bad' laws have been upheld by the USSC in our past, perhaps it is time to send this one packing ?

especially while we still have drs and medical professionals willing to treat us.

top topics

join