It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is unstopable!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by dlbott

You're not suggesting that I have no right to criticize America, are you?

No the opposite, agreement that we live in a place where you can. Try doing it in Russia or worse north Korea lol.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
There're a lot of manifestly wrong conspiracies and inarguably a lot of dumb or mentally deranged people whom believe them. How many are right? I can't say. I wouldn't be on ATS if I didn't have a fascination with conspiracies. I like to entertain the ideas. Some of the conspiracies have more merit than others for me. Do I believe any of them with certainty? Nope. I believe this is a good thing.

I think deep down inside me I have mistrust and insecurity. I think this might be the true source of my drive to explore the conspiracy world. I can't explain where it came from. Maybe it has something to do with my parents or when I was a child.

Trust is important for a society to hold together.

Maybe some of this is related to bad choices people have made in life. People who're chronically out of work or on drugs might express their frustrations by hating the government or believing in conspiracies that put the blame on somebody else.

At any rate, I'm sure one or two conspiracies have a grain of truth, but is all this conspiracy madness worth it for just a couple good leads?
edit on 17-12-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Life is something of a lottery. You live where you do out of random pot luck. You sure as hell didn't choose to be born where you were.

Borders are a human invention, not a universal constant - something people tend to forget.

You can pick out the frailties and faults of others any way you want - but in doing so there needs to be acceptance that they will be doing the same of you - regardless where you might live, and I think its only by accepting that and moving on from it that the world as a whole can progress.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I remember seeing 1970's, 1980's and 1990's America in the movies and I loved what I saw. However, nowadays it's no Wonderland. I hope that someday it will go back to being a cool place to be. But I guess the big cities have always been like that and real America is still alive in small towns that smell like apple pie in the morning.
So I think big cities in America and anywhere else are evil places full of greed and negativity and should be avoided.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

America is out of control. There's a big difference between being "out of control" and "unstoppable". Though to be fair, most of the world is out of control too. But of all the nations of the Earth, America has the least valid excuses for their behavior. Your nation was founded on liberty and reason. It is now a cautionary tale for other empires. Hardly something to be proud of, and yet none of us should be proud of anything we're jointly responsible for.

But whatever. America has its share of demons, but they're not the reason why the world is imploding. Humanity's apathy is the reason for the world's implosion. But the West has done very little to discourage that apathy and stifle that implosion... in fact, modern U.S.A. has done more to encourage it than to extinguish it.

So all ridiculous sensationalism aside, there's some very serious issues the U.S. needs to address. If you want to be the world police, then you have to set a good example. And you've done very poorly in that regard. But hey, blame the politicians right?

After all, most of you don't vote. You didn't elect them! It's not your fault, surely!

Welcome to the end of the world. At least we can all joke about it and have a laugh before this globalized decadence begins to get uncomfortable for the middle- and upper-class. The glass is always half full, right? At least it seems to be in America, the land of procrastination and exaggerated national pride.

But enough said. I come from Australia. What the f#ck am I thinking? Our nation isn't much better. But at least my nation is following the world superpower's lead into hell, not paving the way. That doesn't make me feel any better about my future but it makes me feel a little better about this condescending little rant!

Either way I wish the best for the America. Because if you go down, so do we. So all bitterness aside, I truly do wish the best in your future endeavors. Not just because you hold the fate of the Earth in your trembling hands, but because you're human beings too, just like me and my family and my friends, whatever your nationality.

And we all deserve better than this!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I think people who eat too many cheeseburgers and fries and who spend all day on ats licking each other's privates are the sole cause for rampant usa violations and abuses of norms for developed cultures and any future hopes for civilization. perhaps a lower cholesterol level will benefit your life and mentality, slgayer.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Basically Americans are the Europeans who fled the lands centuries ago. Most if not all ideas originate primarily from Greece. If it were like a thought train, Central Station would be Greece. It's no wonder Greece and Europe are the way they are with having the life sucked out of them by the US.

But in the future, when the Americans have their spacehomes they'll run out of ideas. Trying to find the cause of their lack of inspiration they find out their origins, how are they going to react when they realize 99% of their thoughts came from ideas thought of by their ancestors whom they left behind during the great reforms that are taking place in automation.

Maybe in another way. Sometimes a new employee might enter a corporation on the basis of an idea he works out. The idea pans out, the product or service becomes a huge success and everyone patiently awaits the guy's next idea. But little did they know he stole it from a foreigner who was out of luck when the product hit the shelves sooner than his. And the guy doesn't come up with new ideas and fades away remembered for this one invention and several variations/spin offs.

Or someone publishing a new book which reveals groundbreaking new ways of thinking about any product or service, it makes people happy and there's profit. It's all promising until his next new novel after years of being out of the public eye. And it turns out to suck, the bad sequel, and after that another bad story and people wonder why. But they didn't know he stole the idea from someone else and is unable to think of it him/herself.

Point being, some ideas lead to others, the people who come up with it first are the ones who should be held in regard by society as the original source. And the ones around that person as well since they helped him or her form such a thought which benefitted many. The US however just takes those with ideas out of their surroundings and just forgets about the source. That's why when their grandchildren have their spacehome, or maybe great grand children, the way things are now they'll turn into parrotlike zombies truly believing they are great but forgotten what it means with no one there to remember them and just do the same as always only in space.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Considering the obesity epidemic, I'd give it 10 years

But in all in honesty, thats what makes kings fall.

The ego, confidence.. It will blind them. And I think that will be Americas fall in the end.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
DAMMITTTTTT!!!!

You mean the reptile overlords are not actually shapeshifting on the news???

No,regrettably our reptiles are real

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
well, if your expressing this opinion in a THERMONUCLEAR sense, i'd have to agree! as for everything else? not so much. we're just a bunch of angry monkeys that stole a PRIMO piece of real estate from a bunch of other, more "primitive" angry monkeys, but then again, that's kinda what Euro's do in the first place. this cannot be debated, unless of course you were unfortunate enough to go to public school ! ! ! ! ! ! ! also, I just luv the word THERMONUCLEAR. inda makes me feel "warm" all over ! and besides, check this movie out! its AWESOME ! even just for the visuals and soundtrack !

tried to find this free on youtube but now they make you pay for it! try this instead:

www.hulu.com...
edit on 1222014 by tencap77 because: youtube is being a boobtube ! ;(

edit on 1222014 by tencap77 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

NewAgeMan

But some conspiracies, like JKF and 9/11 ARE real. (see my signature article link at the end of this post as a prime example, and note the forum it's in..)

I just stayed up all night watching all three parts of that video. It is by far the best video I've seen on 9/11, and I challenge anyone to watch that in full and still come out a skeptic. Thank you.

They did however, miss the radar footage showing the planes switched, and the nano thermite in the dust. Although I'm not quite sure as to the authenticity of the radar footage. Would have also been nice if they could have found anything related to the planes allegedly landing in Cleveland (I think that's the right city) and/or where the people went as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

kiko83bg
I remember seeing 1970's, 1980's and 1990's America in the movies and I loved what I saw. However, nowadays it's no Wonderland. I hope that someday it will go back to being a cool place to be. But I guess the big cities have always been like that and real America is still alive in small towns that smell like apple pie in the morning.
So I think big cities in America and anywhere else are evil places full of greed and negativity and should be avoided.

You do realize movies are just movies right? You can't believe everything you see on TV, past or present. What makes you think it's changed if you don't live here to see it for yourself? What makes you think it was ever like that to begin with? What's more, what makes all you people experts in the affairs of the United States, if most of you have never even set foot on US soil?

When you get most of your information from the internet (especially ATS) about a country you've never even been to, it makes it extremely hard to form an accurate view of the reality of life in said country. I don't pretend to know what it's like in Europe or Australia via a couple movies or TV shows I once saw, or from the news playing in my country.

edit on 22-1-2014 by JohnnySasaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I hope you enjoy your quad burger because you just ruined mine...

Logic, who needs it.

Great avatar, I can't tell you how many times I have played the game...really I can't.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join