It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on Cam: Georgia Cops torture 70yo elderly woman!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

So much for serving the people. These people are serving this poor elderly woman, the beating of her life.

The slammed her face down against concrete, breaking her nose. What did she do to deserve this? Who knows...

Police State.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Saw this on the local news yesterday. Surprised it hasn't been posted here before now.

Good thing, though, is the cop was suspended—ETA: I heard on the news yesterday it was without pay, but the article i just read said with pay. Paid vacation for assaulting a woman.

Now all we need are charges, a conviction, and a lawsuit.

This is what happens when police view citizens as the "enemy," when they are trained to dehumanize the people they are supposed to serve and for whom they are supposed to work. Not viewing them as human, equals, citizens, or even people but the enemy that must be subdued at all costs.

Disgusting.

Seconds later, the officers asked the witnesses to stop recording and said, “I know it’s not against the law. I’m just asking you not to do it.”

The witness videotaping the incident refused to stop recording.
Source

Good thing he didn't and, good thing HE wasn't taken down and the video destroyed.
edit on 14-12-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

So we see them not only mishandling an elderly suspect but also interfering with witnesses.

No wonder the public have lost all respect for the police, you have to ask yourself why should they use such thuggish behaviour. OK, accepting she was drunk and had had a car accident, I didn't get the impression she had plowed into a line of kids and people killing the lot.

I hope this causes those cops to be reprimanded and tghe police to change their attitude to the public. We all need to play nice if we want change though.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yea exactly.. if that was the person filming's grandma, he would not have just filmed but got involved and then the video would have never surfaced; instead grandma & grandson would have mysteriously vanished
or died in a car crash or something. Police- whyyyy can't they be trusted anymore these days????

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

gardener

So much for serving the people. These people are serving this poor elderly woman, the beating of her life.

The slammed her face down against concrete, breaking her nose. What did she do to deserve this? Who knows...

Police State.

TBO here. your talking about service and protect granted most the time i would be on your side but fact of the matter is she deserves as much respect as she has respected the public safety. I have ZERO tolerance for drunk drivers.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If that was my relative, 385lb Bubba would have paid the cop a visit....he just loves to break things, several things...

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What "beating"?

1. She is obviously drunk

2. She hit the car in front of her

3. Was abusive toward her victims

4. Flipped off the responding officers

5. Resisted compliance and exhibited belligerence.

6. Ain't nobody got time for that crap.

7. "Ow you're hurting me!" is the oldest attention grabbing spectacle in the book.

The police were in the right. I hope she lost her license and was sued by the people she hit.

My daughter drives on public roads, I would prefer dangerous menaces like this lady were removed from traffic.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I got to the part where the guy said she was drinking and driving...
From there they could have caved in the "nice old ladies" head and I would have not cared.
I place drunk drivers right there with murderers, rapists and pedos.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Everyone has their view and I excuse no one but the .08 rule is just for revenue generating. I have seen drivers on medication drive crazy and reckless. But this treatment is beyond the limits...fire mr. badass before he beats up your kid for crossing the street...

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

TheWrightWing
What "beating"?

1. She is obviously drunk

2. She hit the car in front of her

3. Was abusive toward her victims

4. Flipped off the responding officers

5. Resisted compliance and exhibited belligerence.

6. Ain't nobody got time for that crap.

7. "Ow you're hurting me!" is the oldest attention grabbing spectacle in the book.

The police were in the right. I hope she lost her license and was sued by the people she hit.

My daughter drives on public roads, I would prefer dangerous menaces like this lady were removed from traffic.

What an intriguing reply. What is interesting is that your 8 point manifesto leaves the key point out. She was slammed on the ground. I don't think anyone said she wasn't a nut, what people are saying is being a nut, or even drunk, does NOT allow for retribution to be handed down by judge dredd on the spot. By your inference the lady deserved to be torn about by attack dogs because....

The most interesting point of your rant is that you have no regard for yourself, only your "daughter" which of course is the "oldest" excuse in the book. "For the children women like this must have their face bashed in by men with badges, that way my daughter will be safe."

All is well and good until you are the person on the ground, or the person left in jail, or the person who can't afford a lawyer, or the person who body is so beaten they're life has changed.

No one says drunk driving - a legal term defined by a court trial ONLY btw, but people are saying,"cops should not be thugs." A cop who figured it was all cool to toss a 70 year old women to the ground, no matter his person justification, has no real moral center and you seem to be just fine with that. Scary.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

crankyoldman

What an intriguing reply. What is interesting is that your 8 point manifesto leaves the key point out. She was slammed on the ground.

The video provided that for me, did you not watch it?

Its what the police must do to help control an intransigent law breaker.

She elevated the situation, the cop simply responded properly.

What would you do with an un-cooperative, drunk, belligerent jackass?

I can't wait to hear this.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Caught on camera, Filmed under water.

Just because you are old, don't mean you can't be a A-hole.
I know plenty of OPA..

But the police seem too heavy handed in 99% of the cases.
edit on 14-12-2013 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It was really unwise of the guy to agree to give his name to the officer.

Now there will be any manner of hurt coming his way.

There is NO legal means for the officer to demand his identification unless he is suspected of committing a crime or behind the wheel of a vehicle on a public road.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

really? one punk ass cop on a drunk old woman...holy crap, what if that was your mom and someone slipped her something, please, show your ass.... this thug with a donut stain and a badge went too far and if he cant handle her better than that, look for another job. that was not dangerous for him just a light duty day at work. You complacent sheep just seem to be fine with brutality, until it is you...I cant wait, you must be a LEO, do my mom like that, you deal with me, and I aint no little lady with an attitude. I film anything like this cause public servants should be pros, not thugs...

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

teslahowitzer
really? one punk ass cop on a drunk old woman...

She was in custody, and refused to comply, asking her nicely was no longer an option (her choice).

She got what was coming to her. Not brutality, an appropriate level of force.

How would you have got her under control without the use of force?

Do tell.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

like any professional LEO, got a second officer controlled her wrinkled hands, cuffed her fragile wrists, and picked her up and slid her in the back of the car..... this cop can handle a 200 pound angry drunk like that, not some woman 2 or 3 times his age, do tell, she was such a difficult situation, please... hope your mom meets this thug, do tell.........

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

teslahowitzer

like any professional LEO, got a second officer controlled her wrinkled hands, cuffed her fragile wrists, and picked her up and slid her in the back of the car..... this cop can handle a 200 pound angry drunk like that, not some woman 2 or 3 times his age, do tell, she was such a difficult situation, please... hope your mom meets this thug, do tell.........

She was ambulatory, the cops are not in the business of toting drunk jackasses around when they are capable of walking themselves. Which she was.

Placing an incorrigible prisoner in custody on the ground is a standard and effective way to control that prisoner.

Again, it was her choice, not the cop's.

I have yet to see the Torture! or the Beating! that characterised this video.

Where is it?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The sound is off on my computer.

So ,with that said, 1 main point stood out to me while watching that video in silence.

That old lady got WWE slammed into the pavement.

It looked like Triple H taking down the 123 kid.

-speculation- Old ladies dont put up with disrespect very well, and cops are full of it. The downside to talking back to Darth Vader, is you either get air choked, bodyslammed, or terminated by light-saber. Darth Vader doesnt discriminate, old ladies be damned.

Edit-One More Thing- Why didnt they just put her in the back of the cop car if she was responsible for DWI ,and reckless Driving, besides being beligerant?(like I said) i have no sound, I dont know whats being said. But They should have just put her in the back of the car anyways, shes an old lady, she cant be slammed into the sides of cop cars like the rest of us, shes frail. =)
edit on 14-12-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

teslahowitzer

That's very funny. A 70 year old has "wrinkled hands," and "fragile wrists." How do you know? I'm 65 myself, neither wrinkled nor fragile, and quite capable of being belligerent and resisting arrest. This "old woman" was not just "legally drunk to generate revenue," she was "really" drunk and had just hit someone else, causing property damage (hopefully no injuries.) She needed to be taken off the streets, and "talking nicely" to her and singing kumbaya wasn't working. She was actively resisting, not in the least humble or apologetic. Looks to me like she got what she deserved. Old age doesn't give you a license to be an a-hole.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It has to do with a general cop psychology. Those who were bullied throughout their lives have a desire to bully others.

It speaks to the insecurity of the individual and the general lack of masculinity with regards to police officers.

"Men" who are so incredibly insecure that they have to resort to force when dealing with, not only a female, but a weak elderly 70yo female.

Theres nothing strong or admirable about assaulting the weak.

edit on 14-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join