It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hunted and The Hated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hey all, didn't find this in the search, so I apologize if it's been posted before. And it wasn't letting me post in the posse comitatus forum, so mods, please move if you feel it's needed.

Saw this video today, and can't say I was surprised, I doubt anyone here will be either.

It is based on the NYPD Stop and Frisk program and one teen in particular who captured an incident on audio.

What he captured is infuriating to say the least.

So, what can be done? How do citizens combat such a powerful force?

Enjoy.

I look forward to reading you're comments.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

To the cop in the recording: Who do YOU think you are?! Thank you for proving that we're now guilty until proven innocent. Thanks also for admitting that your job is to fill prisons with slaves - there's no other reason for police to have a quota.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CretumOrbis

You mean "performance goal?"

All joking aside, the sad reality is that people don't trust the police because of instances like this.

And I'm supposed to take my children to little events so they can get stickers and be told how great police are. I KNOW there are good ones, but the lack of evidence is astounding.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

denybedoomed
reply to post by CretumOrbis

I KNOW there are good ones, but the lack of evidence is astounding.

There are indeed, that's one reason things like this bother me so much. The chief of police in my lil town has been a friend of the family for about 20 years. I know there are plenty more like him out there. Cops like the one that stopped that boy are not only acting unethically and illegally, they're essentially engaging in slander-by-proxy. Sad that a single bad apple can make the whole basket look rotten.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Sorry. Some of the folks who face this abuse are 'asking for it' and then complaining after the fact. Everyone can see it for what it is ... and no one is fooled. Pull up your pants, grab a broom, and clean up your neighborhood ... that's your starting point.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Did you even bother watching the video, man? I'm not saying some aren't asking for it, but the abuse of power is clearly evident.

And I think in this case, grabbing a broom is out of the question, behavior like this makes people apathetic.
edit on 16-12-2013 by denybedoomed because: Eta

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

I don't live in New York... I don't personally know anyone who does (anymore).

The question for me is whether such an approach (stop & frisk) is not immediately well outside of being constitutional to begin with. This is not... at least, not yet anyway, a police state. People have the right to walk down public streets without being harassed by police.

Of course, things change and right now, we see changes happening in New York and California that would not be accepted or tolerated anywhere else. That noted however, if these practices are allowed to go on and succeed, then the rest of the nation is in dire jeopardy of seeing them trickle up to places that today embrace freedom as it was intended.

Crime is troubling. A police state is a nightmare.

new topics

top topics

join