It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Media -Iranians Pull Out of Nuke Talks / Iranian Media - US sanctions against Iran, act of war

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

and very effectively burned Israel and Saudi Arabia like drop kicking them both in the family jewels and laughing about it. It was like nothing I've ever seen this nation do in the world before.

Aww didums my heart bleeds.

Saudi Arabia the country that spawned Osama bin Laden and Al queda

Israel the country that all but sunk the USS Liberty.

Yeah what great bed fellows.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

superman2012
reply to post by iRoyalty

Has the US ever attacked a nation that is stronger than it?

Not since 1812 I dont think. And it didnt end to well for you guys.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Seems like the talks were nothing but a bait and switch. Why would anyone try to make a deal under these conditions. Apparently someone's word isn't good.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

It seems that the oil in SA is also much less than advertised so they have time frame to exert some influence, and should start to prepare for the day it ends and the US pulls the rug out of them (if it isn't already been doing that).

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

crazyewok

superman2012

Not since 1812 I dont think. And it didnt end to well for you guys.

I'm Canadian. It ended just well enough for my country.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

and his end results are pathetic and dangerous
short, sweet and to the point ... i like it.

too bad the negotiations weren't as succinct.

the US players need to step back with their bully tactics and realize that ultimately, it isn't the US's fight.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I'm just surprised they haven't started building settlements in Washington.
they have.
it's called, CONgress

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

sure, ever heard of the Boxer Rebellion ?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

superman2012

Great Britain. There has not been a 'stronger" country for them to attack in a very long time.

Even the wars the US has 'lost' such as Vietnam there was about a 20:1 kill ratio, while the military was fairly handcuffed.
edit on 14-12-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

There are some strategic realities in this world that we all need to be aware of when things come up, IMO. Part of that does have to do with Israel and Saudi. In the case of Israel, it's a real simple thing. We do depend on them for everything from intelligence support to having soil people won't shoot us on to take R&R, military exchanges and in a worst case, basing or operation ability.

The United States also has troops stationed in the Sinai Peninsula as part of the Multinational peacekeepers that came out of the Camp David Accords. These are all VERY good reasons to be cognizant of our good relations with Israel. If we DO NOT want those good relations, well, that's something to decide with more than one guy and it's definitely something to do with some care in disengaging.

Saudi Arabia....is *VERY* important. If Obama forgets that, he will have made the circle complete, and all things WILL have repeated the Jimmy Carter Presidency for triggering extreme backlash out of the primary OPEC Nations for something that is the lifeblood of the West.

Backdrop to ALL of that, is one of 2 strategic waterways in the world. The Suez. Saudi and/or Israel could both put U.S. safe and easy passage through that at risk. We burn our allies at our own peril for ALL the above reasons ....but also because almost 200 OTHER nations watch what we do, and know they could get the same treatment. Good or Bad. It'd be nice to see our side honor some alliances for a change. Just a few would work.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

These are all VERY good reasons to be cognizant of our good relations with Israel
agreed.
however, if maintaining 'good relations' is dependant on the US bullying their neighbors on a long-term, regular basis, how is this 'good relation' really benefiting to us ?

ah geez, OPEC should have been dismantled decades ago ... it's barely hanging on to the last knot tied at the end of the rope.

OPEC - Occupier's Partnership for Energy Consolidation

when has the Suez been threatened recently ?
[Not including verbal taunts on the msm propaganda machine]

when has 'delivery' been interrupted by the Iranians ??

and lastly, which actions would you consider "honoring" our alliances?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

iRoyalty
It's very important to remember that Iran is not the aggressor! They have not been aggressive to neighbours, or any other state in 100 years I believe? Where as america starts a war (on average) every year and a half (correct me if I am wrong). In fact, America is ALWAYS the aggressor! When was the last time an organised national military even dreamed of attacking any of the NATO powers?
edit on 14-12-2013 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

Iran is pawn. Who's hand is moving the pawn is a concern. The pawn's progress to the edge of the board is a concern.

America, in chess terms, is a queen. The opposing side is using a pair of rooks and a knight. I can't deduce the board values of the other pieces supporting the queen, but they're not moving or positioned cooperatively.
edit on 14122013 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

So the US Should have continued to supply over 90% of the raw metal materials to Japan as they continued to use the resources to slaughter the Chinese and begin the Indochina wars?

It is always the US's fault, what were they thinking? Get Japan to pull out of China by those "crazy sanctions?"...lol.

Yeah US is the bad guy there.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Just Think of The Lobby Special Interest Groups

involved here.

Particularly concerning this matter.

It is kind of like sabotage.

In fact, every righteous effort has been Sabotaged as of late.

On a Multitude of Issues. "One of the many" examples would be

the realization that the Main Stream Media "News" is a Joke.

Every Word They say is "Opinion"

It is not news/current event reporting nearly even resembling the term.

I think we are long overdue for a new "Uncle Walter" .

www.youtube.com...

Happy Holidays to you, Wildmanimal

edit on 15-12-2013 by Wildmanimal because: add subject link

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

superman2012

Seriously? The US was no military 'power house' until mid through WWII...and only really after.

MG

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

missed_gear

superman2012

Seriously? The US was no military 'power house' until mid through WWII...and only really after.

MG

So...the answer is no then?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The Iran deal is just the latest example of ...what do you even call this junk?? Bush was Gunboat or Cowboy diplomacy. What is this? Cloak and Dagger diplomacy? Whatever it is, it's failing terribly.

As much as some love to see this happen for the ruin of my nation, you'll all understand, I hope, when I say I really want THE SPECIFIC MEN doing this to us to be rotated out of power...before we have nothing left worth saving.

I totally agree with this buddy, I really do.

I love America and it saddens me when I see such a great nation with great citizens and great ideals going down the pan.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

superman2012

I'm Canadian. It ended just well enough for my country.

That it did

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I cant argue with your logic.

But at the end of the day how far can you really trust Israel and Saudi Arabia?

And at the end of the day are they really worth the lives of Brave men and women of your own country to defend?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

missed_gear
reply to post by RAY1990

So the US Should have continued to supply over 90% of the raw metal materials to Japan as they continued to use the resources to slaughter the Chinese and begin the Indochina wars?

It is always the US's fault, what were they thinking? Get Japan to pull out of China by those "crazy sanctions?"...lol.

Yeah US is the bad guy there.

That was obviously a more awkward situation than the Iranian one by far.

US were supplying Japan at first and they had a nice few years to sit and watch what that nation brought upon China before it decided to sanction it. Nobody is perfect.

The point I was getting at is: Do you really want to end the game when you force someones hand. It's not like the US were all willy nilly with China the 30 years prior to the war that inevitably dragged you's into WW2.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join