It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why does my computer have a heart beat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Seriously...why does it have this heartbeat like sound?
I can turn my speakers off and its gone but why?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

I'm sorry Dave, I can't tell you that.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Static.....loose wire.....bad connection? I would check all connections to make sure there isn't a short.

If you moved something onto a wire that's crushing the wire it may have a bad flow. If you're wireless it could be interference.

My final guess is your computer loves you. (you never know.)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think you may need to be more clear. Is the heartbeat coming from the tower, the monitor, etc? I have no clue unless you are experiencing some sort of Tell-Tale Heart enigma? Some wires rubbing together?

One of the greatest movies ever made....
edit on 12/13/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You may need a exorcist! It could be possessed!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
its coming out of my speakers. I turn them off no heartbeat...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Do you have an electric fence on your property? I had a similar situation with a phone line years ago, turned out to be the electric fence grounding out on a part of my house.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Maybe you were sold a new type of prototype computer... with a new biotechnology... or...

you have this;

edit on 13-12-2013 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
From my own experiences, I have a few theories.

1) interference from a radio wave (i.e. Cell phone interference), when your about to get a email, text, phone call (especially a phone call), etc. your speakers will pick up the interference, but only slightly.
2) Bad connections between 3.5 mm and the socket on the computer.
3) Brown outs, power surges, (i.e. Power fluctuations).
4) Just having them plugged in and no sound going to them will have a little bit of static from the flowing elections powering the speakers and what is being sent through the audio connection to the computer. ... I would guess its a bit of all of them combined.

Without knowing more information, this is all I can give you. Hoped this helped.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Can you post a clip of the sound? There is a billion things going on in a computer and it could be almost anything.

Does the sound exist prior to booting into the operating system? Knowing that will narrow it down a lot.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
ok thanks guys,,,
if I say # about muslims i get 50 responses...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There is a spirit with in your computer

happened to ma uncle bob just last week spirit was in room and the electromagnetic energy of the spirit caused his speakers to develop what sounded like a heart beat, at times he could even hear words through the speakers. Freaked him out for ages until we got a mystic round to have a look at the room she could tell there was a spirit and that was the cause we think......although it did go away when he got his speakers fixed. very strange.

.... thats what you want us all to Say OP,

not "your speakers broke", which it probably is.

why even post this on ATS.

Its the equivalent as me posting about my squeaking door or the holes in my socks, just one of life little annoyances that most people dont take much notice of.

yet you think it should be discussed over cyberspace .

amazing!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Interestingly, our computers DO "have a heart," but you are unlikely to hear it through the speakers. eta: More info here.

Sounds like some sort of interference. This can happen with audio stuff constantly. Look into a ground loop isolator and that may help out for some situations. Hard to say what is actually going on, but basically, your speakers are receiving a signal they shouldnt, and representing it with oscillation (sound).
edit on 13-12-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Or your speakers may be faulty. If the amp draws too much current, it can cause the PSU of your speakers to shutdown. After a while the PSU resets, sees too much current drawn, switch off again. Then you can also hear a rythmic sound coming from the speakers.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Try moving some of your electronics around. Once, my subwoofer was too close to the tower and that was happening. It's electrical interference one way or another though.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
once you adjust the jack plug it will go away...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Hellhound604
reply to post by Serdgiam

Or your speakers may be faulty. If the amp draws too much current, it can cause the PSU of your speakers to shutdown. After a while the PSU resets, sees too much current drawn, switch off again. Then you can also hear a rythmic sound coming from the speakers.

Just for clarity, that is indeed what I said. No "or" involved.

In the specific scenario you present, the speakers are receiving a signal they shouldnt (from the power cycling) and manifesting the corresponding oscillation (rhythmic sound). Its just an overly complicated way of saying "its making sounds it shouldnt."

Its hard to say what is actually going on. OP, best way to test if your speakers are faulty is to try some that you know actually work. If its still there, then something else is the cause and you can work from there!
edit on 13-12-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Did you shift lock? can be the reason.

new topics

top topics

join