It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'active shooter situation' at Arapahoe High School .colorado

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There is an active shooter situation at Arapahoe high school in Centennial Colorado.

at least 2 injured and no one is in custody. Enough school shootings allready

www.9news.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alienjuggalo

And that is why I live in Cortez rather then the Greater Denver Metro...
It was what, two three weeks back a family was murdered and their house burned down around them...not to far away from this shooting
Sighs... I will say a prayer for the victims
edit on 13-12-2013 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Here we go again......

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ugh, not another one....

Lets hope this has a better outcome than Sandy Hook or Columbine.... Come to think of it, arent we getting pretty close to the 1 year anniversary of Sandy Hook ? Just a thought, I'll be keeping an eye on the situation.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

TheMainEvent
Ugh, not another one....

Lets hope this has a better outcome than Sandy Hook or Columbine.... Come to think of it, arent we getting pretty close to the 1 year anniversary of Sandy Hook ? Just a thought, I'll be keeping an eye on the situation.

tomorrow is the anniversary.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
ahhh yes, everyone's favorite news headline: school shootings....well the news anchors will guarantee their job for atleast one more week with all of the talk about this to come

i'm jaded to these things now, it's not even a shock anymore. is that bad? is it wrong to EXPECT school shootings because of how miserable our state of affairs are

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...
LIVE VIDEO — There’s an “active shooter situation” at Arapahoe High School in Centennial, Colo.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm watching the live broadcast on the 9news website. Seems like they're evacuating the school into the track and field area. I'd estimate about 100+ students on the track in a large group. Seems kinda odd for a shooting incident.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

There do not seem to have been any fatalities, and only a few injured parties so far, although local media are reporting that the shooter may well still be inside the building. I am watching the BBC news, and there is video of the student body being marched out of the school with their hands on their heads, on the way to being patted down, before being sent on to wait behind the security cordon.

Seems that only two shots were fired from what the newscaster is saying, so this may not have been a spree in the offing. Maybe this was just a run of the mill personal issue? That's all speculative of course, but you can hope right?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

That's all speculative of course, but you can hope right?

That's what I'm hoping for.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Will this madness ever stop?

I can bear having the NEWS talking everyday about the death of Paul Walker, or even, the stupidity of Miley Cyrus, but this... I don't think I'll be able to endure seeing public school's shooting every months till the end of my life.

People are going completely nuts. We didn't have reccurent shootings like that a couple of years ago...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Suspect is dead NBC news confirms.

ETA: Via the live video the suspect was indeed a student.
edit on 1052013-12-13T14:57:10-06:002013-12-13T14:57:10-06:00fpm12 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Once again, the shooter "kills themselves". So tragic.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

TrueBrit

There do not seem to have been any fatalities, and only a few injured parties so far, although local media are reporting that the shooter may well still be inside the building. I am watching the BBC news, and there is video of the student body being marched out of the school with their hands on their heads, on the way to being patted down, before being sent on to wait behind the security cordon.

Seems that only two shots were fired from what the newscaster is saying, so this may not have been a spree in the offing. Maybe this was just a run of the mill personal issue? That's all speculative of course, but you can hope right?

White added that at least one woman was found killed in her home and that the suspect had "booby-trapped" the area, firing at a propane tank in the middle of the street that blew up. According to police, there multiple propane tanks with gun powder on them.

^^^^^^^

got a lady killed in her home but not the school.

what is with all these freak outs?
my daughter is not of school age yet. i might have to home school

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Sounds like the shooter was looking for a specific teacher whom was able to exit the school before they were found.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I hope everyone is ok, I really hope we are not about to see yet more additions to the countless families who are mourning a child killed by a monster with a gun.

It does make me wonder however...

Is it just me or are stories like this are becoming all too common in America?

Its not so much "breaking News" but its more like just some horrible event that takes place every month or so.

I fully support the second amendment and I really do mean that.

but when news like this is becoming a expected and regular occurrence, even the most die hard supporter of gun rights must admit that something in someway needs to change.
edit on 13-12-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CardiffGiant

Ah damn it.

The shooter apparently was looking for an individual teacher, while brandishing a shotgun, was challenged by a student and shot them, apparently wounded another person less seriously, then did for themselves with a self inflicted shotgun blast.

Messy, and you have to pray that the critically injured party manages to survive. I wonder what lead to this incident, what the teachers involvement with the shooter was, and why the shooter killed someone in their home....

The one thing you can take away from this, is that at least the situation is over, bar the shouting and was not much more bloody.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
but when news like this is becoming a expected and regular occurrence, even the most die hard supporter of gun rights must admit that something in someway needs to change.

I agree. Mental health facilities and ways to get people help with their mental health needs to be a top priority. The symptom of the problem is crazy people are allowed to be crazy. You can see it on this site more often than not. Most appear to be harmless but when they claim to be star children and whatnot, they aren't normal.

Treat the symptom, not the tool.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Wonder if the woman killed in her home as someone reported above is the shooter's mother and why hasn't CNN reported this detail, if it is part of this situation? Takes a lot of guts for these kids to turn a gun on themselves does it not? I think someone needs to come up with testing for psychosis of these kids on a regular basis, this is happening way too often and there is something seriously wrong with the kids today. Sad, so sad I fear for my grandchildren and what kind of a world they will grow up in.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
this really sucks.
i feel so bad for the kids and their parents. i am so fed up with these school shootings. i am at a loss though. what can i do? what can anyone do?

i think that needs to be the debate. i know these stories always turn to the gun control debate.
i think that is only a part of the issue though.

its not like guns are any easier to get than they were 25 or 50 years ago... are they?
im not into guns so i really dont know. i would think that that 50 years ago if you wanted to get your hands on one you could just as easy as today.
so, there is something else.

what happened to school fights being the worst you had to worry about?
we are supposed to trust that our kids are ok when we drop them off at school but that is not true anymore.
so what is it?
what is causing kids to freak out and start killing people?
years ago it just didnt happen and these days it happens far too often.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join