It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Accused of Feeding Autistic Boy Hot Sauce Rehired.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I do remember my friend Kevin Williams in second grade stealing my glue and eating it. Jerk.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Dimithae
reply to post by catfishjoe

Um this is not unusual for parents themselves to do for thumbsucking and the like.
edit on 13-12-2013 by Dimithae because: misspelled word

Yes, some PARENTS do things like this to discourage their children from engaging in poor habits. However it's not even remotely acceptable for a teacher to do so. What if this kid had an allergy? That's neither here nor there though. The bottom line is that this individual was a special Ed teacher who was supposed to have been specially trained for these types of students. If they aren't capable of dealing with special needs students and get that frustrated its about time to start sending out resumes because that person simply isn't suited for their work environment. There are protocols in place for these types of behaviors and they definitely don't involve dosing an innocent child with hot sauce. If the parents were involved in that decision or recommended it themselves this would be a very different conversation. They had no role on it however and the teacher did this on their own.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
That's my point. Parents do it.....fine. I wouldn't but whatever floats your boat. If a teacher did that to my boy...I would be pissed.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

I'm probably not very level headed when it comes to things like this. I had a teacher get frustrated last year with my then 10 yr old son and kicked a chair out from under him. The school tried to sweep it under the rug. I quickly devolved 19 years, forgot I was a human being and went after them like it was Bosnia all over again. Somehow the teacher is still there but the principle who was covering for him hastily submitted his letter of intent to retire once I started threatening legal action and to have a friend at the local news channel send a van to park out front of the school and interview parents picking up their kids on their thoughts.the superintendent didn't think the negative publicity was somethimg they needed at that time because they were already in the news as being the first school in the country to get rid of the new school lunch guidelines because it cost tax payers over 100,000 in wasted food. It's sad enough when we have to worry about other kids bullying our own, it's a whole separate level of ineptitude when the teachers and staff get away with it.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
My father abused me as a kid. I was force fed hot sauce with a funnel. This happened two-five times week. My mother never knew. For those who say its normal.....for me it brings back terrible memories. Imagine being force feed hot sauce as a 5-9 yr old till you puked. So those of you who say its OK........you don't know. This thread was really important to me. I apologize if u didn't agree with me being so angry. My emotions got the better of me. Coming from asomeone who was force fed hot sauce.......its not a joke. I hope this never happens to your kids.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

tinner07
I dont really think there is enough information in that news link to pass any judgement on this teacher.

Same.

There is a huge difference between forcing a child to eat it and doing this to teach him that crayons taste bad. Hell, I used to eat the end of my lead pencil when I was young at school. A bit of hot sauce on the end of it might have taught me that lead tastes bad...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The teacher did not feed hot sauce soaked crayons to a child. They said the child kept eating the art supplies, so she soaked them in hot sauce to deter him from eating them. There is nothing to contradict her story, and her version makes a whole lot more sense.

Whether her actions are right or wrong is a separate discussion.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
she probably made a convert for life. lol!

as to soaking ALL the stuff, and not just HIS, would be dangerous for the other kids.

the op wants her eyes to be spiked, ever deal with hot peppers?

rub yo eyes? NOOOOOOO!

not the best idea, i will say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join