It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Accused of Feeding Autistic Boy Hot Sauce Rehired.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Lillian Gomez, an elementary teacher out of Florida, has been rehired. It appears she was fired for soaking crayons in hot sauce for days then letting the boy eat the crayons.

If this was my boy, I would be livid. This piece of crap needs hot sauce dropped in her eyes. Anyone who does that to a child is a mental defective and has no right to teach. There are thousands of teachers who deal with autistic and special needs children who deal with the stress. The system is broke.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

catfishjoe
abcnews.go.com...

Lillian Gomez, an elementary teacher out of Florida, has been rehired. It appears she was fired for soaking crayons in hot sauce for days then letting the boy eat the crayons.

If this was my boy, I would be livid. This piece of crap needs hot sauce dropped in her eyes. Anyone who does that to a child is a mental defective and has no right to teach. There are thousands of teachers who deal with autistic and special needs children who deal with the stress. The system is broke.

ah c'mon...this is Florida, for Christ's sake...punishing people for being different is common practice there (sarcasm intended)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

There is a group that advocates this as a form of discipline. It's a religious order of some kind I can't remember who they are. The girl who played Blair on Facts of Life is a member.

www.imdb.com...
edit on 13-12-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think the teacher was trying to dissuade the child from eating the crayons, not feeding him crayons with hot sauce on them. I think the person saw the kid eating the crayons and tried to make the crayons burn the kids mouth so the kid would stop. I think there was a reason for what she tried to do, but whatever it was, it didn't work right I guess. Maybe the nitrogen in the hot sauce will energize the nicotine sensors and the kid will slowly get better. Maybe these kids can't use acetylcholine properly.

Geeze, I gotta quit overthinking everything.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

jimmyx

catfishjoe
abcnews.go.com...

ah c'mon...this is Florida, for Christ's sake...punishing people for being different is common practice there (sarcasm intended)

Someone get me a hack saw. It shouldn't take long to cut that appendage off.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I dont really think there is enough information in that news link to pass any judgement on this teacher.

i am not a teacher nor a parent of an autistic child. Maybe she is a mean sadistic woman or perhaps she had good intentions.

Was it habenero sauce? or a mild hot sauce? Maybe she was thinking outside the box?

If it was a super hot habenero sauce that really hurt the kid she is bad, but the boy is eating crayons, put a little hot sauce on them and he might learn they are no good?

Sure maybe she could have talked to the parents about that approach first, but maybe the parents dont give a rats ass. We dont know all the details.

Maybe the next weeks headlines would be child gets sick eating crayons, parents furious???

Not condoning her actions, just not enough info to say she was totally wrong

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

catfishjoe
abcnews.go.com...

So the answer is to poke the teacher in the eye too. Does that make sense?

I think she was at her wits end. Ever been there?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Lurker1

catfishjoe
abcnews.go.com...

So the answer is to poke the teacher in the eye too. Does that make sense?

I think she was at her wits end. Ever been there?

I never said poke her in the eye. I said she needs hot sauce dropped in her eyes......slowly. and to answer your question, yes, I have been at my wits end with my 2yr old and guess what? I go outside and take 5. I don't let him eat hot sauce soaked crayons. So your way of thinking is its OK to duct tape akids mouth shut or lock them in the closet cause of being at your wits end?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I dont know how much training or education the general run of the mill teacher gets who isnt involved with special education or the like, but I am confident to say that knowledge of special needs is lacking in the general population.

If teachers recieve no training or education in this matter (and I am not claiming they don't, not sure) then it seems to me they should. It would be great if a teacher could comment on this.

I agree also that there isn't enough info to pass judgement on this teacher, I have known a few autistic kids and it can become very frustrating if you dont deal with it on a regular basis or know much about it.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This was the kind of thing parents did to their own kids. I am willing to bet that her intentions were good. I am willing to bet that only because she did not soak all the kids crayons in sauce. Nor did she put it in their all their lunch food.

You could not pay me enough money to teach kids. Not because of the kids but because of the parents now days. My parents were welfare puppies and when the US mail man drug me back to the house and knocked on the door with my forehead for calling him a SOB (I had anger issues) they did not sue the Postal Service, they kicked my ass. When I made a teach so crazy in fourth grade that he picked me up and slammed the combo from a locker into my back a half dozen times, it was followed up with another ass kicking at home.

Did not take me to long to respect my elders....... Now days parent are all looking for their lottery ticket and they raise their children to be turds.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Stupid teacher...
I look after autistic people and some can have PICA..Pica is a condition where the person will eat or drink anything, one of my dudes will drink bleach and eat poop If left alone.
Supervision is needed, not soaking things in hot sauce.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

This is a standard method used to discourage nail-biting in kids, and insect and animal pests from eating garden plants - cayenne being the spice of choice. It works because most don't like the taste. Normally, the kid would have have just stopped chewing the crayons. If he didn't, the teacher should have recognized the hot sauce might affect his health and found another approach. Not sure which might be worse for health - crayons or hot sauce.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Okay....maybe I'm just naive. Teachers actually use hot sauce???

By the I love me some Franks hot sauce!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This incident amuses me. It is an old-fashioned method of dealing with a problem.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ya this is def ats worthy..*roll eyes

Getting outraged because some one gave some one else hot sauce with out permission. Shocking. Outrageous. Find something else to be upset about.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Retikx
Ya this is def ats worthy..*roll eyes

Getting outraged because some one gave some one else hot sauce with out permission. Shocking. Outrageous. Find something else to be upset about.

I apologize if my lowly thread doesn't meet your high expectations. Before I make a new one I will message you for approval.

**rolls eyes***

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

catfishjoe

This piece of crap needs hot sauce dropped in her eyes. Anyone who does that to a child is a mental defective and has no right to teach.

I think anyone advocating egregiously asymmetrical repercussions such as torture and blinding for such a small mishap like a spicy crayon should not be calling others mental defectives.

edit on 12/13/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Um this is not unusual for parents themselves to do for thumbsucking and the like.They even sell stuff that is horribly bitter for thumbsucking. I don't think she was being mean.Just trying to get the kid to stop eating the crayons.The dyes in them I doubt are any good for anyone to eat.Unless someone can post something that showed she did it with malicious intent,I'm going with she was just trying to stop the child.
edit on 13-12-2013 by Dimithae because: misspelled word

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Parents yes. Teachers no. Just my opinion tho.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I don't see why everyone is so mad.
Hot sauce is a low calorie condiment.
AND crayons are low fat.

She's obviously just worried about the kids cholesterol levels.

I hear Elmers has siracha flavored glue now.

I really do wish we'd just have a zombie apocalypse and get it all over with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join