It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the Road to Dementia: Inflammation, Prions, Myositis and Fibromyalgia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

The epigenetic aspect is interesting... and leads me to another question... Have you found any connections between vaccinations (especially those received in adulthood) and prions? I have found a connection through reading many, many case studies, but only a correlation, not anything I'm ready to call causal... yet.

I ask because I never had any health problems prior to getting a series of vaccinations as an adult, then suddenly my health declined. Before I even got the third vaccination in the series, I was already experiencing symptoms. The more I research, the more I think I have something else, something that is similar in appearance and process, but still something different.

If you, too, are suffering from one of these monsters, I am truly sorry and I totally understand the loss and the struggle.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

...Have you found any connections between vaccinations (especially those received in adulthood) and prions?

lol. Vaccines use biological material from cows in the manufacturing process. Also, many medications (and vaccines) have proteins in their "base" - and the manufacturing processes are known to create prions by stressing the proteins.

So some years ago the FDA or some other oversight agency set up a special 'Mad Cow Committee' to investigate whether or not vaccines were contaminated with Mad Cow prions - and what to do if they were there. Their findings? There were so many, and so many different strains of prions there was no point in trying to find and filter out the Mad Cow prions.

Really. That was the committee's determination. I have the transcript somewhere inaccessible right now. But really, that's what they said.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I had a feeling that you would say yes.

Thanks again for all the info. Now, it's research time again but with fresh material (to me).

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

It's still early days, but it seems we have cured my wife's fibromyalgia!

Symptoms were that first her muscles would contract without being able to relax and as things gets worse her whole body would go into a state of inflamation so that you couldn't touch her for the pain. Spray on magnesium provided at least some level of relief.

The key is here: cardiologyli.com...

TL;DR version:Fluoride binds to Aluminium and the ion that forms looks chemically highly similar to the oxygenated phosphor ions that bind to Adenosine to make ATP/ADP or Guanine to make GTP/GDP.

Many of your hormone and neurotransmitter receptors are G-coupled proteins. They use a GDP molecule inside, when the neuro/hormone signal gets triggered, the GDP normally becomes a GTP, the secondary message system kicks off and the receptor resets by kicking off the new phosphate to become GDP again.

Now what happens is that instead of the oxygenated phosphorus ion, the GDP binds to an Aluminium fluoride and the gets stuck in that state, so it can't switch off.

It does exactly the same to ATP and gets stuck in other key energy reactions And is possibly one of the key things that goes wrong to cause CFS.

Now Fluoride also inhibits acetylcholinestrase, so once released, it doesn't break down and the muscles don't relax. This produces pain, the pain triggers inflamation, and the inflamation doesn't want to go away as the signaling system is compromised.

How to get out of this bind? I an not a doctor, but the doctors around here didn't know so I read up on alternate health sites and came accross a method of using Borax. Borax has an LD50 similar to salt. It is however restricted in food I the EU as it can cause problems with the development of your baby if you're pregnant. Something else that I found in research is that Boron makes B2 more water soluble, so B2 supplementation is essential! Aluminium Fluoride is a very stable molecule and for some reason has shorted an normal covalent bonds. So once it is there, it is a bitch to get out. Borax is SodiumBorate. Boron is interesting as it can act as both an anion and cation. It is also one of the few atoms that will steal some of the fluorides off an Aluminium. In the process it may also bind to other halides like chlorine, bromine and iodene. You need chlorine and iodene, you probably have more bromine than what is good for you. Once the Aluminium has lost some or all fluorides it can do the other evil things that Aluminium gets up to, like ruining your methelation cycle. But at least in other forms it leaves the body quite easily.

Please note that this procedure can be risky. Make sure you have a sympathetic doctor available should anything go awry. Listen to your body, if something doesn't feel right, STOP. Take it slowly, test small amounts of everything separately first to check your body's response. Be ready for things to change fast and not always in a good way as your body's signaling starts working better. We have had a rough ride, but anything is better than the excruciating pain of the Fibro.

Also important is that my wife has been on the GAPS diet for about 2 years, only organic foods, absolutely no MSG or anything containing Aspartate because of a compromised blood brain barrier.

After quite a bit of trial and (painful) error, this is what we found worked best:

Preload in the morning and continuously top up as required with:

Co factors: B1, B2, B6, CoQ10 and a good multi anti-oxidant ISP good start. The B2 in a lot higher doses than normal is essential as the Boron will make you lose more B2 than normal.

Silica: Aluminium likes replacing silica in enzymes. If you break up the AlF, the loose Aluminium has to go somewhere. We want it to bind to a Citrate or Malate and leave via the urine. Taking sufficient silica stops the free Aluminium from breaking more things and possibly teaming up with fluoride again. I'd advise against using Horsetail as a silica source, unless it says something on the product about not containing Thiaminase. Horsetail normally has some Thiaminase, which breaks down your Vit B1 and can cause tremors and even neural damage if not properly supplemented.

Magnesium: Excess fluoride drains your body of magnesium. Some older research has show that this lack of magnesium alone can cause CFS and Fibro. Best supplementation is with Magnesium Citrate and Magnesium Malate if you can get hold of it. A little bit of Magnesium Chloride helps too, but that is better absorbed via the skin. Too much Magnesium gives you diarrhea, so magnesium chloride spray was invaluable. Later I had the idea to make lipoic Magnesium Citrate which helped a lot (search for lipoic Vit C and switch the VitC for Magnesium Citrate). My doctor told us that taurine helps with magnesium absorption, so that should be safe advice. The rest you do at your own risk!

Iodene: the Boron may take out iodene along with the fluorine. This is especially dangerous if you have thyroid issues. Keep a close watch on your body temperature. If it falls even a bit stop with the borax and get it stabilized first. Discuss this with your doctor if you have thyroid issues.

Chlorine: the boron and additional sodium also removes chlorine from your body. This is easier to supplement. If you don't have high blood pressure issues, sea salt is a great source. My wife had serious Cl issues and what we found a while ago that works is a drop or 2 of HCl n a glass of water. Getting hold of pharmacuitcal grade HCl can be tricky. BetaineHcl also works well but can impact Methylation cycle issues.

Then the Borax (not boric acid!!!!!!): 1/8th of a teaspoon dissolved in a liter of water. Add some apple cider vinegar to balance e ph and improve the taste and add some Malic acid to the mix to help take out the Aluminium. Sip slowly through the day. Do this for max 5 days in the week,mother give it some rest. Take it slowly, listen to your body. Stop for a while if it complains.

To help control the Fibro symptoms, desloratidine antihistamine is a reasonably strong anticholergenic and helped with the acetylcholinesterase inhibition. Small amounts of asprin has a metabolite that inhibits the enzyme that makes acetylcholine, which helped as well. Too much asprin can create other issues. Tumeric heated in organic cold-pressed coconut oil worked wonders for the inflammation. Cats claw is also your friend, so is olive leaf.

It took about 8 weeks of this with symptoms going up and down and then the pain started disappearing!!! In the process, her dopamine linked depression also started getting less and less and she had to go off the antidepressant she was using. Her sleep pattern improved to the point where she could stop taking sleeping aids (all herbal, the pharma ones all caused very bad side effects eventually). Her neuralgic Herpes Zoster infection of 6 years stopped for the first time. She started losing weight that she picked up over the years.

A serious problem that the happened was that infections she had flared up. The bacteria don't like Aluminium and fluoride either. But how we got past that, ammonia overload from H Pylori, then syndrome from metabolizing years of ssri's is a story for another post.

I hope this helps someone. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by asciikewl

Oh most of the borax info comes from www.earthclinic.com... Look for the posts of "Ted from Bangkok". His advice has saved my wife's life on quite a few occasions. Other parts came from months of Internet research. Pubmed, Brenda-enzymes.org and Wikipedia are your friends.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Here is a good 101 article - if a bit dense and 'scientific.'

Molecular and cellular aspects of protein misfolding and disease

Proteins are essential elements for life. They are building blocks of all organisms and the operators of cellular functions. Humans produce a repertoire of at least 30,000 different proteins, each with a different role. Each protein has its own unique sequence and shape (native conformation) to fulfill its specific function. The appearance of incorrectly shaped (misfolded) proteins occurs on exposure to environmental changes. Protein misfolding and the subsequent aggregation is associated with various, often highly debilitating, diseases for which no sufficient cure is available yet. In the first part of this review we summarize the structural composition of proteins and the current knowledge of underlying forces that lead proteins to lose their native structure. In the second and third parts we describe the molecular and cellular mechanisms that are associated with protein misfolding in disease. Finally, in the last part we portray recent efforts to develop treatments for protein misfolding diseases.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Be aware that fibromyalgia is not one disorder.

It is a group of disorders that cause body wide pain.

No one treatment will work for everyone.

Add to that doctors make mistakes and DX fibro in people that really have other disorders.
Lyme Disease
Hypothyroidism
Depression
lupus
Polymyalgia rheumatica
Restless legs syndrome

some of these disorders clear up on there own some clear up taking supplements.
the cures for fibro are BS if you did not really have fibro in the first place.

Plus there are a few doctors that look for these people that have disorder that mimic fibro just so they can "cure" them and bring in real fibro victims and clean out there pocket books.
these people that had disorders that mimicked fibro would get on the internet and claim to be cured of fibro by this doctor.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I was on my way back from Austin earlier today and caught the end of a show which was discussing prions. Made me think of ya! Well there seems to be something which can reshape the misfolded proteins. I was a little fuzzy at the time, and don't recall any details right now. Will add more if it pops back in mind. Might want to do a search for that.

reply to post by ANNED

So fibro is when it's not easily cureable, and when it does easily cure out, it just can't be fibro.

Sounds circular.
edit on 14-12-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I would advise anyone interested in consuming products with anti-inflammatory properties to thoroughly research moringa. I've been consuming this for several years now with terrific results. A good place to start is pubmed.gov.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

webedoomed

reply to post by ANNED

So fibro is when it's not easily cureable, and when it does easily cure out, it just can't be fibro.

I am a long time member of a men with fibro site.
menwithfibro.com...
We have never found a "cure" for fibromyalgia and if there was a cure we would know it in days and all the members would know.
A big part of this is fibromyalgia is not ONE DISORDER.
The other part is not everone DXed with fibro has fibro.
One common disorder that mimics fibro is Small Fiber polyneuropathy.(SFPN)
Many doctors don't take the time to DX fibro properly. I have never found anyone that has been tested with a skin biopsy for Small Fiber polyneuropathy before being DXed with fibro.

www.healio.com... l-fiber-polyneuropathy.

This is because fibro is DXed by rheumatologist in most cases.
If these people were seen by neurologist that knows that SFPN can mimic fibromyalgia instead they might have been tested for and DXed with SFPN.

edit on 15-12-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

ANNED

We have never found a "cure" for fibromyalgia and if there was a cure we would know it in days and all the members would know.
A big part of this is fibromyalgia is not ONE DISORDER.

I am so not getting what's not to be got. It doesn't exist. There are too many things that you're describing, that all operate under the umbrella symptoms that is commonly known as "fibromyalgia".

Your community doesn't accept those with the same symptoms that may easily cure. Your community is open to all others who continue to struggle.

There are simply too many causes behind it, yet you stick together and believe that it may be "cured".

Something may be cured once it's honed in on good enough to have but one cause. You admit there are several. You should be attempting to differentiate between the subtypes. Then a cure MAY be had in time. It's just inefficient to keep it as it is.

Been a few hrs since the post... forgive my jerkish stance. I'm open to being proven an ignorant fool. Thanks.
edit on 15-12-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

This is an interesting thread. I have CRPS Type 2 and deal with a lot of inflammation (among many other things!) I don't know anything about prions but it is interesting to learn about and definitely nice to see some foods which may be able to help me some...

Great Thread!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

If these people were seen by neurologist that knows that SFPN can mimic fibromyalgia...

Fibromyalgia is a symptom of many different diseases and disorders, even drug reactions. The word just means 'pain in muscles and other fibrous tissue (connective tissue).' The evidence suggests prions are the mechanism common to all these different health problems. My neurologist says 'fibromyalgia' is just (a symptom) offered as a "diagnosis" when doctors don't know what's causing it.

...The term "fibromyalgia" derives from new Latin, fibro-, meaning "fibrous tissues", Greek myo-, "muscle", and Greek algos-, "pain"; thus the term literally means "muscle and connective tissue pain".

myalgia: pain in a muscle or a group of muscles

fibro-: Fiber, especially fibrous tissue

NOTE RE: Polyneuropathy

New Prion Disease Found: Causes Diarrhea and Neuropathy

Also see: Prion-Like Proteins Drive Several Diseases of Aging

edit on 15/12/13 by soficrow because: add link

edit on 15/12/13 by soficrow because: add wd

edit on 15/12/13 by soficrow because: format

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Thank you. ...Everyone's best hope is to take control of what we can control: diet and lifestyle. Seems 'authorities' know prion disorders underly modern chronic disease, hence the big campaign for "Personal Responsibility in Health" and "diet and lifestyle changes." There's little else to offer and I seriously doubt there'll ever be a 'magic pill.' Downside is, the campaign gets twisted to "Blame the Victims" or blame genetics (which is just another way to blame the victims, while tricking them/us into supporting the Eugenics paradigm).

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

It (fibromyalgia) doesn't exist. There are too many things that you're describing, that all operate under the umbrella symptoms that is commonly known as "fibromyalgia".

Fibromyalgia DOES exist, but it's a symptom not its own disease. See above.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Myalgia... that is a term for pain. Fibro, well you can figure it out. It's used it seems when there's no avenue for the doctors to persue, ie lack of expertise or medical knowledge. It becomes convenient as a facilitator for opiate painkillers by the patients hip enough to work the system. I really didn't come to argue that point, but have found it on many occasions .... just as I stated.

What does concern me is the disregard that food sources have used in the rush to grow ever larger animals and pumping them full of all sort of medications.
For the same reason fish is not a wise choice to eat, and in fact many species of ocean fish are deemed too toxic to eat, because of mercury or other toxins, many many foods are suspect. Still to go even further, the recent nuclear catastrophe's in Japan and the now two decade old Chernobyl incident have certainly played into the equasions. We are being bombarded now more than any time in human civilizations known existence with all manner of poisons and compounds. We will certainly kill untold numbers of people, and perhaps create such a toxic environment as to initiate another mass extinction event. Maybe Mars once had this problem.....

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

It's used it seems when there's no avenue for the doctors to persue, ie lack of expertise or medical knowledge.

I think the 'authorities' who need to know DO know, and have known for some time. The situation scares the poop out of them - and they're terrified what will happen if people find out. So information has been ...withheld in the interests of 'damage control' and 'crowd control' - even doctors are left uneducated about prions, the range of prion diseases and the various symptoms - on purpose.

...We are being bombarded now more than any time in human civilizations known existence with all manner of poisons and compounds. We will certainly kill untold numbers of people, and perhaps create such a toxic environment as to initiate another mass extinction event.

All true. We have created a world that creates prions - and prion-related "diseases." The good news is that prions appear to be an adaptive mechanism and part of the evolutionary process - they do work to help us adapt to the environmental changes we have created. The question is whether or not we can adapt quickly enough.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Thanks for the great amount of information!
Noticed you mentioned turmeric, and from personal experience I can say that turmeric/curcumin is one the most powerful antiinflammatories I have found.
I have bought a little bag of extra fine turmeric extract 95%, and it is a little miracle. You can even use it topically on cuts and wounds, it helps the cicatrization and healing so fast it's unbeliavable. (personal experience, maybe it doesnt work for everyone)
I also have taken it diluted in olive oil (it's not water soluble) and a little honey for taste, for some internal inflammation, and it seems to do the trick!
I have also just found this related to Fibromyalgia Turmeric for fibromyalgia

all the best

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by athousandlives

Great post - thanks. But... turmeric IS water soluble...??? I sometimes make tea with it but hate the way it stains my teeth... Also, turmeric MUST be heated to release the properties.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Hmm, strange, maybe there is a little confusion over turmeric and curcumin. Curcumin is the main active ingredient of the turmeric plant, and when extracted and isolated in high percentage (which is the powder i have) is very difficult to disolve in water.
And you are right it is much more beneficial when heated, I occasionally add it to my cooking, as so many asian countries that use it in their curry powders!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join