It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Wants Ban on Saggy Pants.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

monkofmimir
people should be allowed to wear what they want it saves time to identify the idiots.

Good point!!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I also wanted to add that unless you are a Victoria Secrets model, please don't wear bicycle pants.

When the time comes, and I am made Supreme Emperor of the World, I will ban them. Along with olives. (I hate olives)

Butt in all seriousness, laws banning a certain style of dress is rather silly and a throw-back to Victorian times when a woman's exposed ankle was considered scandalous!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thats not even saggy, thats public flashing!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Shall I go there?

Hell, why not.

It's been speculated that the whole Saggy pants style originated from jails and prison where the inmate had his belt removed. If people want to emulate that "style" or lifestyle far be it for me to stop them.

edit on 13-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I present to you, saggy and skinny jeans, all rolled into one.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

I'd probably start with rap and hip hop...the baggy pants are but a symptom of the underlying cause.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

how about a fine for fat-ass women (or men) who wear skin-tight clothing....when you can see the ripples of cellulite swaying to the movement of that person, that is just as disgusting...

Though I DO understand your concern...

In the United States, we can't do that! That would be active discrimination against our fastest growing minority. And, yeah, that pun was, indeed, intended.

See ya,
Milt

edit on 701America/Chicago12RAmerica/Chicago2013-12-13T09:50:51-06:00Fridayu51America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

It's been speculated that the whole Saggy pants style originated from jails and prison where they inmate had his belt removed.

You left part of it out. The saggy pants shows that you are someones property ie B****.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Is that Vanilla Ice?

It's like the 80's and 90's collided and all the worst stuff survived to roll through the 2000's.

I see that the puffy sneakers with the tongues hanging out are apparently cool again too.

Fingers are so crossed that Reebok will bring back the pump. I miss being able to dunk and losing my pair of pumps ruined my plans of being in the NBA.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I hope some youngster that wears saggy pants will comment. Just curious as to why? Do you know how idiotic you look? Every time I pass one of these fools on the road i yell at them to pull your damn pants up. And why are they always on foot? No job? No car?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I have a hard time believing you wrote that Slayer.
Usually you're an advocate for personal freedoms.
Don't go to the dark side Luke......
Banning any style of dress (regardless of taste or tackiness) is an overreach by government.
They have far more important matters to worry about than this bs.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere
reply to post by daryllyn

Is that Vanilla Ice?

It's even worse than that... it's Justin Bieber.

The first time I saw this style of jeans, was in a local mall and I was so confused. They are tight, but saggy, saggy, but skinny, but saggy, but they are falling down, but they are tight?!

I have boys, and if (when they are bigger) they want these pants, they better get a job, because I am not paying for pants that don't make any rational sense.

edit on 12/13/2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by TheRegal

You're absolutely right my bad.

Saggy pants are more stylish....

Those aren't saggy pants
That is disrobing in public.
What I would be wondering is:
Can I trip this guy?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

buster2010

It's been speculated that the whole Saggy pants style originated from jails and prison where they inmate had his belt removed.

You left part of it out. The saggy pants shows that you are someones property ie B****.

Yeah.. That's the part I was eluding to on the other page for what the long term inmates asked inside the prisons are more than happy to explain about where the droopy drawers got started. Thats..umm..one heck of a thing to willingly imitate. Especially while acting as though the style has good meanings behind it.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

SLAYER69
Shall I go there?

Hell, why not.

It's been speculated that the whole Saggy pants style originated from jails and prison where the inmate had his belt removed. If people want to emulate that "style" or lifestyle far be it for me to stop them.

edit on 13-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Wow thank you for this - this actually makes sense where without that knowledge it looks completely stupid and dangerous as a fashion statement.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

SLAYER69

That doesn't even distrub me to be honest.

However, meanwhile at the beach....

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

TheRegal

SLAYER69

Hahahaha!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

City Wants Ban on Saggy Pants

If someone wants to run around in sagging britches, that's fine by me. But if they want to expose their nasty drawers or butt crack, then that needs to be addressed and stopped.

Sidenote: Larry the Cable Guy got cited once for his pants dropping and the top of his butt showing... which I thought was kind of ironic.

Rednecks have been drooping their jeans for decades and if Johnny Cash wasn't the world's first rap artist... I don't know who was, lol!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

TheRegal

LOL, That's just as bad.

Showing family photos won't make me anymore sympathetic towards the saggy pants cause

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Petty. Worry about balancing the city's budget. Oh sorry these fines are their ace in the hole. Can't pay bills. But stay diligent into the night on other peoples fashion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join