It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read this, this morining, and lost my cool

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Speaking at a banking industry conference last month in New York, Mr. Lynch recalled that he had been working at Morgan Stanley in London before he returned to this country in 2011 to join Bank of America. He had thought, he said, that by then — three years after the collapse of Lehman Brothers set off the financial crisis — anger at banks would have declined.

He was wrong: It was worse.”

New York Times / It's hard to summon sympathy for big banks

By FLOYD NORRIS

Published: December 12, 2013

Worse doesn't even begin to describe it.

Eternal torment.

Rains of Fire.

A new Ice age.

The pits of hell.

This is just a sample of my range of emotions that emerge when I contemplate the past forty years,
and the systematic abuses, lies, and blood sucking that the banks have inflicted on people.

Does anyone remember when the banks started penalizing small accounts,
so they could confiscate the 5 dollars little Susie's Grandmother had used to start an account for her granddaughter.

Does anyone remember when the banks started heaping up fines and penalties.

Does anyone remember when the banks started using credit scores.

Does anyone remember when savings accounts stopped paying interest.

Does anyone remember the transaction fees.

Does anyone remember the small print used to change their contracts with customers,
that said "and if you don't contest this we'll charge you X amount of dollars for no damn reason."

Does anyone remember when the pension funds were pillaged.

Does anyone remember all the off shore accounts, used to avoid taxes, that turned the Caymans into a banking mega center.

Does anyone remember the goddamn economy before 2 0 0 8 !!!!

Someone thinks that a little fluff piece that says "I feel ya" and "Hey those were pretty bad days" but that then goes on to say "hey! us bankers got it bad too, cause you know, rules and stuff" is gonna sate one goddamn iota of wrath, I got some goddamn #ing news for you.

In the name of God,
rot in mother #ing hell!

Mike Grouchy
edit on 13-12-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
"Does anyone remember when the banks started penalizing small accounts,
so they could confiscate the 5 dollars little Susie's Grandmother had used to start an account for her granddaughter."

Yup!

Once went to check the 7 pounds in an account at the Clydesdale Bank started for me by grandparents and added bit by bit by parents and found it had disappeared in "service charges" by the time I was twenty.

For any newbies on the planet, please understand that when this account was opened in 1968 my parents rent was roughly the same for a year, though cheap, crappy student housing but still.... Inflation has made all this sound like peanuts and we shouldn't care but it makes me mad to think that that 7 pounds was a hefty chunk of my grandparents hard earned wages and was supposed to be kept in trust and good faith at the bank.

That's why my kids don't have bank accounts.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The banks got away scot free, there hasn't been enough rage against the banks. Now they expect us to feel sorry for them. We are always told in this country, if we bash the bankers, they will all move away and move to Singapore or Hong kong.

Well if the best and brightest are a bunch of corrupt crooks, then they certainly won't be missed. The thing is they don't want to leave London, because they like it here. They are untouchable and own swathes of the city. Why would they leave?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

And now the "big banks" want the credit unions taxed because of "unfair competition"?

I'm just waiting for the economic collapse so that I can screw the big banks out of what they think I owe them - and I will.

If only, the people would do the dirty deed and stop pay8ing the "bigbanks" anything - on their mortgages - credit cards - whatever - BUT FIRST - take their credit card offers up and max out the credit -

How many credit card offers have you gotten in the last month from - Citibank - BOA - American Express - Chase bank?

This will end in a HUGE WAY -

Come and get it boys ----

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I got a nice letter from my bank telling me that my account had been upgraded, it didnt actually tell me anything about what thta meant only this little gem at the end that said "service charge changes apply".

I still havnt gone down to the bank [because they are not open when im not at work] to find out what they should have told me or better yet ASK ME if i want it upgraded.

I really do hate the way that the most important thing in life to get you buy is so casually assumed you will be okay with stupid # like this because "we are used to it"!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

igloo
"Does anyone remember when the banks started penalizing small accounts,
so they could confiscate the 5 dollars little Susie's Grandmother had used to start an account for her granddaughter."

Yup!

Once went to check the 7 pounds in an account at the Clydesdale Bank started for me by grandparents and added bit by bit by parents and found it had disappeared in "service charges" by the time I was twenty.

For any newbies on the planet, please understand that when this account was opened in 1968 my parents rent was roughly the same for a year, though cheap, crappy student housing but still.... Inflation has made all this sound like peanuts and we shouldn't care but it makes me mad to think that that 7 pounds was a hefty chunk of my grandparents hard earned wages and was supposed to be kept in trust and good faith at the bank.

That's why my kids don't have bank accounts.

Exact - a - #ing -- mundo!

Not only have our children and our children's children been robbed,
but our parents and our grand parents as well.

A friend once said "If I had a time machine I would open a bank account and be a millionaire today",
and I said "you mean the bank would have your million, through hidden fees and creeping penalties due to inactivity."

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Bankers don’t feel very popular in Europe, either.

Popular no where really. Hold on while I play the worlds smallest violin.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Biigs
I got a nice letter from my bank telling me that my account had been upgraded, it didnt actually tell me anything about what thta meant only this little gem at the end that said "service charge changes apply".

I still havnt gone down to the bank [because they are not open when im not at work] to find out what they should have told me or better yet ASK ME if i want it upgraded.

I really do hate the way that the most important thing in life to get you buy is so casually assumed you will be okay with stupid # like this because "we are used to it"!!!

All by design.
It's all by design.

I have read that millions are spent on customer research
to figure out exactly how much they can get away with and how quickly.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

I take it this whole banking thing has you a bit annoyed, eh OP? You're kinda hard to read on that though, so forgive me if I read you wrong..lol

Mr. Lynch there is as tone deaf and bubble headed (as in, living in a bubble from normal people) as our politicians. Would England be willing to take him back? Uncle Sam is a little poor right now, so we'd have to send him C.O.D., but for old times sake?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

On several occasions here at ATS and other boards I have urged folks to dump their banks.
They cannot survive without us, but we can thrive without them.
There is a reason that banks were a major target of robbers during the last depression, in the next depression they will be again.
Where was my bailout?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Biigs

That wouldn't have been Halifax by any chance would it? They did exactly the same to me a few years back. Never asked, just did it. I kept the account, purely because it has a few added extras that are useful to me, but at a standing charge/account fee of £15 a month.

But I would like to have been asked!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

g146541

On several occasions here at ATS and other boards I have urged folks to dump their banks.
There is a reason that banks were a major target of robbers during the last depression, in the next depression they will be again.
Where was my bailout?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This is how you deal with them, funny, main stream media dont want to report this story.

www.cityam.com...
edit on 13-12-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Soloprotocol
This is how you deal with them, funny, main stream media dont want to report this story.

www.cityam.com...

Jail is too good for them.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by woodwardjnr

And now the "big banks" want the credit unions taxed because of "unfair competition"?

I'm just waiting for the economic collapse so that I can screw the big banks out of what they think I owe them - and I will.

If only, the people would do the dirty deed and stop pay8ing the "bigbanks" anything - on their mortgages - credit cards - whatever - BUT FIRST - take their credit card offers up and max out the credit -

How many credit card offers have you gotten in the last month from - Citibank - BOA - American Express - Chase bank?

This will end in a HUGE WAY -

Come and get it boys ----

that would only work if you knew an exact collapse date? What if you took every loan and credit card under the sun but the collapse was held off a little longer than you expected. You could ruin your life and your families.

The best solution is to not use a bank at all.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The scam banking ponzi scheme should come to an abrupt end.
Bailout w/ tax payer money to the tune of trillions - make me see lava and more.
Bitcoins just might be the future of money.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The Capitalist system has no choice but to keep on the current path it is on. It can no long so-call reform itself anymore. No way to dig out the hole which has been created this time. The entire global capitalist system is going to get more dark and mean when it comes to maintaining the constant collection of Capital and expansion. It has already gotten pretty cut throat. When all these Capitalist nations start to totally run out of all possible wealth, including any and all wealth of the people, things are going to 100 times worse than they are now.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
OP, I could not agree with you more. However, people are truly complacent. Those that are not complacent, are stupid. Those that are neither, are powerless to do anything about it. The few that do make a stand have gown down alone.

There are no solutions at this point except standing up and refusing to file taxes. Something which I am sure you will be in line to do yourself this tax season. Please note: I did NOT say do not pay your taxes, I said don't file them. Take the fifth amendment and refuse to sign you your tax return. Instead give them power of attorney to file on your behalf. PM me for details if you are a real rebel......

If just 30% of those that currently file taxes did that the system would go into a super seizure and the tax codes revamped. Personally I feel all taxes should be collected when goods are purchased. No more write offs for anyone except NPO's with capped CEO salaries.

This Country would have a ton of cash if this bull# tax code did not add 3000 new laws a year, every single on of which benefits corporations.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I would like to thank the banks for showing us all the true colors of the
    system
    government
    media
    and stock holders

I am not interested in taking any action,
or,
in any form of justice available here on earth.

Like the harshly handled widow,
I'm taking my relentless plea to the cosmos.

May the divine deliver them straight to hell.
In perpetuity.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

g146541

Where was my bailout?

I agree. I've been telling folks for years to drop the corporate mega-banks and go with a small local bank. I remember hearing about Occupy Wall St. in New York raising all kinds of money --- and depositing it with Bank of America! We gotta take action, or the system will suck us all dry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join