It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla's Death Ray: Now A Reality?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It would seem the only limits would be processing input and output of data, atmospheric conditions and need for line of sight targeting unless elaborate mirroring systems are available. As distance increases so does the need for aiming mechanisms to have better than Swiss watch tolerances as any imperfection would be magnified as distance grows.

I am next expecting to see this installed on a tracked and armored vehicle a battery of which would provide very effective protection from counter-fire making the need for shoot and scoot offensive fire obsolete. You could just pull up the artillery and fire at will with an umbrella like this.

If it has ability to knock down mortar rounds just imagine its effectiveness on ground attack aircraft and missiles.

Its the possible effects on fighting strategy and doctrine that I find fascinating to contemplate.

I wonder if the counter is massive smoke generation on lines of advance.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

MysterX
Still...it's surprisingly low power, even at 100KW for the future version (probably up to Giga watts by now in reality)..100KW is only about the combined power output of about two medium to large sized motorbikes.

Actually 100kW is a really big leap forward. These are solid state lasers, not chemical lasers like THEL. A THEL block 2 put out something like 500kW of optical power. But it's self cooling, because it's a chemical laser. The down side of chemical lasers are toxic exhaust and they go through reactants like mad. Lots of tankage, only a few shots.

Cooling a solid state laser used to be a big issue, so you got low firing rates. Now there's several approaches with way better cooling and fast firing rates, like thinzag and hellads, and the latest is a fiber laser. And Real Soon Now you should start seeing pictures of optical phased arrays instead of the old Sea Lite type beam directors you see now. Like the one in the OP. Just as soon as they start declassifying that.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't know if MASER was used or something different.

MASERs suck because the photon energy is so low. You want dramatic, you want UV, x-ray or gamma lasers.

The only MASER weapon I know of is the testbed out at KAFB with a CARM on a C130. It's the airborne version of the V-MADS, only on steroids.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Snarl
You'll note the laser knocks the wings off the bug ... and I'll tell you that it is the wings which are specifically targeted...

I'd tell you that you can sort out Italian bees from Africanized ones by wingbeat rate and burn the African ones selectively, but that would be something I can't discuss.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

Their 14 kilowatt test laser could reportedly could stay on 24/7 for up to a month and their eventual megawatt laser is supposed to burn through "20 FEET of steal per second".

If that could translate to solid rock in anything like the same way? You'd have the center of the vehicle depicted in the movie "The Core".

.....You'd also have an absolute game changer forever on this planet for security and military reality, if nothing else. Imagine...You could almost travel through solid mass vulnerable to laser at regular highway speed...burning your way as you went.

All fanciful given what we see for tech ..but I wonder... is it really?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Welllllllllllll . . . a number of folks have bragged that we are 50 years ahead of everyone else . . .

in our means to more genocidal deadliness.

. . . all controlled by the most evil hearted tyranical bustards to ever crawl out of hell's hole.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Bedlam

Snarl
You'll note the laser knocks the wings off the bug ... and I'll tell you that it is the wings which are specifically targeted...

I'd tell you that you can sort out Italian bees from Africanized ones by wingbeat rate and burn the African ones selectively, but that would be something I can't discuss.

I hear ya. There are two capabilities mentioned in this thread I'd like to comment on ... but it's OT.
Funny how you're promised things'll make great war stories, but you have to keep 'em to yourself.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have to wonder how far away the U.S is from equipping a satellite with something similar so they can zap targets from orbit?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I always wondered about all that talk of neutral particle beams or about Grasers.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The next big thing for aircraft will be defensive coatings>

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Did somebody say Graser?...Hehe sorry Tom, I couldn't resist

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

BO XIAN

Welllllllllllll . . . a number of folks have bragged that we are 50 years ahead of everyone else . . .

in our means to more genocidal deadliness.

. . . all controlled by the most evil hearted tyranical bustards to ever crawl out of hell's hole.

youre also making the claim this thing is designed to fire through the planet to hit a target on the other side
which is the most ridiculous thing i have heard in a while
youre saying this thing is designed to fire through almost 8,000 miles of solid earth to hit something on the other side? youre saying theyre willing to punch a giant magma spewing hole in the planet potentially disrupting the flow of the outer core and destroying the magnetic field that protects our entire planet?

you guys get more ridiculous by the day
...... cant make this stuff up

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

You see a weapon fire, and you suddenly get fog and a metallic taste in your mouth, it's God's way of telling you to unass the AO.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

AO?

and what does it do if you're unfortunate enough to be on the business end of it?

is the fog real from nucleating in a cold humid night or is it your corneas cooking over?

is nucleating a forbidden word?

I think I just heard Chancellor Palpatine cackling.
edit on 15-12-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
I have to wonder how far away the U.S is from equipping a satellite with something similar so they can zap targets from orbit?

I suppose it could be the other way around, zapping satellites in orbit.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

It sounded rather preposterous to me, too.

However, I've lived long enough to know that

I do NOT KNOW everything.

Further . . . that some things I used to think were totally impossible turned out to be possible.

And, I'm certainly convinced that lots of the Religion of Scientism acolytes, high priests, Bishops etc also do NOT KNOW as much as they seem to think they know.

I'm certainly convinced that much of what is taught in physics classes is . . . flawed, if not wholesale bunk.

I also don't understand well enough what the 11 other dimensions of reality are all about. And I certainly don't understand how they connect to or have implications for our 'normal' 'reality' . . . whatever THAT is.

And I don't understand much about Tesla . . . but I'm convinced that he knew a LOT more than most folks seem to give him credit for . . . and I'm convinced that the globalist oligarchy has advanced his research to the point of application in frightful ways.

He claimed to be able to split the earth in half. What did that mean? I don't know. Certainly thousands of "experts" [drips under pressure] would claim it was impossible.

But hey, you seem to have a fierce need to be smarter than the rest of us . . . help yourself.

BTW, I'm merely reporting what a correspondent with Linda Moulton Howe claimed as she reported it and posted, with his permission, his emails etc.

She also had a totally independent other source claiming SIMILAR but not identical things. I found both narratives plausible.

How can any of the serfs and slaves verify much of anything . . . or verify the disproof of much of anything? . . . including you.

edit on 16/12/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
And these are only the things we know about.I shudder to think of what we DON'T know about.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Directed energy weapons -
Didn't 9/11 prove to you those don't exist?

Oh by golly, we DO have them?
Dandy.
Where can I get one to protect myself from drones?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

(first of all i think you are SEVERELY underestimating the amount of energy it would take to chew through 8000 miles of earth with a laser or anything remotely related and secondly his claims of being able to split the earth in two were based on his alleged earthquake (oscillation) machine......so yes clearly you dont understand much about tesla)
well put it this way
why would you purposely choose the most self destructive and (by almost unimaginable margins) least efficient method of causing damage to your opponent?
i suppose that there could be someone bat# enough but again wheres the upside?
and youre right i cant disprove what your saying
just like you cant disprove to me that there are invisible gremlins living in your pants that drive ferraris and who have an economy based on trading faery wings and unicorn farts
but logic would dictate that is likely not the case

youre the one providing ridiculous claims it is your responsibility to provide evidence of those claims it is not my responsibility to provide evidence to the contrary
i do agree that some of teslas lost works have probably been further developed however you provide absolutely no evidence of that and your stance seems instead based on extremely limited knowledge of teslas works and physics itself

(and for the record i do not feel "a fierce need to be smarter" i feel a fierce need for certain other parties to be smarter and not spew obvious bologna)
edit on 16-12-2013 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

sirhumperdink
reply to post by BO XIAN

(first of all i think you are SEVERELY underestimating the amount of energy it would take to chew through 8000 miles of earth with a laser or anything remotely related and secondly his claims of being able to split the earth in two were based on his alleged earthquake machine......so yes clearly you dont understand much about tesla)

That ASSUMES that you KNOW FOR CERTAIN that there are NO POSSIBLE capacities to . . . interdimensionally pull of such stunts without involving the normal mass of the earth between at all. Or, that there are no other exotic technologies by-stepping the challenge you outline. That ASSUMES that you are 100% absolutely at the paragon top of those knowing about such possibilities and have ruled them all out meticulously, if not arbitrarily. LOL. Sooooo impressive.

I'm awed beyond measure. Where should I prostrate myself and kowtow 12 times to the floor in deference to your exhaustive wisdom in such matters?

So, you're asserting that YOU KNOW for certain exhaustively about ALL of Tesla's discoveries?

The oligarchy must have you on a retainer as a major consultant!

My major point about Tesla was that who knows what stuff he discovered. The beam involved could be something evolved from Tesla's stuff. That hypothesis is still a reasonable one.

But if you need to trash other perspectives to feel better about yourself--have at it.

well put it this way why would you purposely choose the most self destructive and least efficient method of causing damage to your opponent? i suppose that there could be someone bat# enough but again wheres the upside?

No one said it HAD to be Tesla's "earthquake machine."

As to least vs most . . . when one is talking about a basket full of unknowns . . . ranking them from least to most seems to me to be a bit challenging at best. Sheesh.

youre the one providing ridiculous claims it is your responsibility to provide evidence of those claims it is not my responsibility to provide evidence to the contrary

Perhaps you'd find it growthful to get over yourself.

I don't give a big flying flip about proving anything. I offered some information I'd come across that was interesting and related to the OP.

I don't know if it's true, half true or totally false. I don't greatly care. It's merely interesting.

YOU chose to have a cat-fit over it. Whoop T Do.

i do agree that some of teslas lost works have probably been further developed however you provide absolutely no evidence of that and your stance seems instead based on extremely limited knowledge of teslas works and physics itself

Oh, Dear me. Evidently in your construction on reality, I've committed some cardinal sin. Excuzzzzzzzzzzzze me! How many $thousands does absolution cost in your construction on reality?

Which part of OFFERING INTERESTING INFORMATION for others to ponder, IF THEY WISH, is difficult for you to understand?

(and for the record i do not feel "a fierce need to be smarter"

Really? And the proof of that is? LOL.

You couldn't prove it by this psychologist.

i feel a fierce need for certain other parties to be smarter and not spew obvious bologna)

Tough tacos. Last I checked, I have NOT hired you to be my

--editor
--stylist
--mentor
--supervisor
--censor
--critic
--prosecutor
--judge
--jury
--executioner

If others are desperate for your services in such roles, may y'all have fun.

Not my game.

What is WITH the epidemic of such attitudes on ATS? Are there back rooms where there's a breeding program for such attitudes? How quaint. Must help new comers feel very welcome and all warm and fuzzy.

Sigh.

edit on 16/12/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join