It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong Un braces for a world of hurt--uncle's associates flee country with damaging information (

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I know this has already been posted on ATS, but I thought further discussion might be of interest.

I'm trying to imagine the amount of paranoia and backstabbing that must be going on within this regime as the hammer slowly falls. As in all dictatorships, there is a high level of distrust within the elite but at this time in North Korea it must be chronic as the top officials scramble for safety and begin to flee or at least contemplate it.

Although the corrupt character of First Uncle Jang Song Taek could not have been much of a surprise to his fellow top officials, including 30-year-old nephew Kim Jong Un, current indications are that the uncle’s coterie was and still is in position to cause the North Korean supreme leader a world of hurt. Accordingly the regime is exhibiting seriousness bordering on panic.

:South Korean TV reports on the dismissal of Jang Song Thaek, the uncle of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. North Korean state media confirmed his arrest on December 9, 2013, accusing him of "anti-party acts" and a lavish "capitalist" lifestyle."

The South Korean paper went on to say that the atmosphere near the border areas has been like nothing anyone has seen before.

Double the usual numbers of soldiers “rigidly stand guard with stern expressions on their faces,” apparently because the authorities fear that “some of Jang’s associates may attempt to defect to the South,” that unidentified source continues.

Full update:
www.globalpost.com...

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm not sure what damaging information is defined as when the nation is run by a little madman, from a line of madmen who simply shoots what pisses him off.

He was suspected of nukes..laughed and tested one to remove all doubt. Defectors have described chem weapons testing (and some with some interesting signatures, similar to use in other areas, BTW). He and his father have laughed at that. He DOES run the largest and most brutal prison system on this planet for population size...with the worst grinding poverty mankind has to show in a nation with a functional Government.

What could they possibly be carrying worse than what reality is inside the DPRK and for those watching it from the outside? I suppose if old Kim has a limp noodle or something, he might have an Ego meltdown moment to have such a thing get out..and maybe that IS it. Who knows...

I just can't imagine what embarasses a leader who uses torture, murder and open repression of basic public life as daily and routine solutions.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

What could they possibly be carrying worse than what reality is inside the DPRK and for those watching it from the outside? I suppose if old Kim has a limp noodle or something, he might have an Ego meltdown moment to have such a thing get out..and maybe that IS it. Who knows...
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Agreed. But I don't think you or I or any of us could probably imagine the atrocities Kim has been up to behind closed doors. I shudder to think

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
North Korea doesn't have any secrets the rest of the world is interested in.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

If that were true, then why has the border security increased to such an extent?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pandersway

You have a point there...and I eluded to a chem test.. Maybe that is what they're carrying? Back when things were heating up and I was deep in research to make my triple thread set on Korea, I'd come across defector debriefing reports and summaries. One of the defectors..late 90's vintage I believe.. described a test run by the DPRK Military for a Chemical warfare agent. It didn't do what most do... No nerve spasms to break your own spine from. No hacking out what is suppose to stay inside. Nothing ugly like that..and that made it chilling, somehow.

All the reports indicated it did was remove/displace oxygen in open air. Like what Co2 does in a mine shaft, moving to lower levels. W/o Oxygen, literally, you're likely dead before you know you needed to run, since the first effects aren't alarming.

The reason I mention this..and why it trips for me is that the first (not second multi-site incident) chemical attack in Syria was been debated as even BEING a chem attack for lack of residue on clothing and skin, smell or visible damage. The air just wasn't breathable ...and then, it was again ..with a bunch of dead people in it's wake. Who knows.... Connections can be odd sometimes, and perhaps these runners DO have something worth sharing, aside from personal embarrassments for Dear Kim.
edit on 12-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
We have the border heavily mined with state of the art electronic minefields fields and the South Koreans are no push overs, in fact they are a fierce fighting force with extreme discipline. Put it this way, if he makes a move across that border it's game over for him and he knows it. That's why he rules by fear and immediately crushes anyone who questions him. It appears though the drums are beating louder and louder among his own regime to body slam him. Not sure when it will happen but I do believe his days are numbered. All we have to do is sit back and watch him destroy himself because that what will happen if he keeps it up.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Very interesting information...I was aware of those reports in Syria but not the idea of oxygen depletion.

Time will tell if the cat gets out of the bag on Kim and what, if anything, will be revealed.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hey so if you were one of Jang's "associates" and home came a calling asking you to take the next flight over on DPRK Airways , 1 way ticket, don't bother about needing to keep that pesky passport thingy anymore... Uhhmm would you jump on board the next flight?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I'm curious about your research, you still have any links? Maybe something like a Carbon-monoxide bomb? Sounds crazy.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pandersway

His retirement is a bit more permanent... he was executed...

North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un Executed His 'Worse Than a Dog' Uncle

The North Korean official publicly purged by Kim Jong-un was set up by his own wife and has since been executed, according to experts and the North Korean state news agency.

The state news agency KCNA called Jang Song-thaek, who had been Kim's uncle and top deputy, "despicable human scum" and "worse than a dog" in a release announcing his execution.

The news agency said the country was outraged by the allegations that Jang betrayed the trust of Kim Jong-un and his later father Kim Jong-il, referred to as "peerlessly great men."

"Against the backdrop of these shouts rocking the country, a special military tribunal... was held on December 12 against traitor for all ages Jang Song Thaek," KCNA reported in a story that was headlined "Traitor Jang Song Thaek Executed."

Jang's execution was announced as fresh details emerged about Kim's surprising public purging of his uncle from a top position which indicate it was a family affair with his aunt and brother, armed with a pistol, taking part in the arrests of ranking officials.

He was the buffer with China.. now that he is gone I think our lives just got a bit more complicated.

ETA - I missed this -

Winter Games - China holds war games near Korean border

BY: Bill Gertz
December 9, 2013 6:15 pm

China’s military is holding large-scale military maneuvers near the North Korean border amid new signs of political instability in Pyongyang.

U.S. military intelligence assets in Asia—including satellites, aircraft and ships—are monitoring the war games by the 39th Army Group that are part of the Shenyang military region.

A defense official said the war games are routine winter training and do not appear related to the ouster of No. 2 North Korean leader Jang Song Thaek, confirmed by the Pyongyang regime Sunday night.

The official pointed to a Chinese military newspaper report on the exercises.

And this -
North Korea recalls ambassador to Malaysia (PressTV - Iranian State Media)

North Korea has reportedly recalled its ambassador to Malaysia, who is a relative of the country's leader, Kim Jong-un, only days after the leader’s powerful uncle was removed from all his posts.

South Korea’s National Intelligence Service (NIS) told a parliamentary committee on Tuesday that Kim’s uncle Jang Song-thaek had been ousted and two close aides executed.

On Thursday, South Korea’s Yonhap news agency quoted an intelligence source in China as saying that Jang’s nephew, Jang Yong-chol, the North Korean ambassador to Malaysia, has been called back to the country.

Yonhap also said the ambassador’s wife and two sons were seen at a Chinese airport before boarding a flight to Pyongyang.

It added that the ambassador had been recalled earlier.

I am going to guess the nephew, wife and kids are either going to be executed or placed into one of the labor camps since they are a direct relative of the executed uncle. From what I have seen it takes like 3 generations in order to have a family removed from the *h*t list of the north Korean Government.

Kim Un has been consolidating power, and the uncles apparently had his own power base. Not to mention his links to Uns father. I think the child in charge of North Korea has just set up a train accident of Emo epic proportions.

As for China it has faded from the news that they deployed military units in addition to increasing police / border units along the North Korean border. The reason given changed, depending on who was being spoken to. I would imagine China sees whats coming and is putting things in place for the implosion / collapse of north korea.
edit on 12-12-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

If you can drop me a U2U as a reminder, I'll check into my bookmarks this weekend and see if I can find the right one. I kept everything for sourcing on my Korea threads and there are folders of it so it'll take a bit. It's actually something I've meant to dig back out anyway for the oddness of it.

It's not a scientific report or anything, and in fact, I recall the debriefer saying or noting that as unreliable and unlikely for the details not making sense. Sounded right to me too....until that first attack in Syria with people just not breathing but nothing left on clothing to make first responders strip them nude before working...which struck me as almost suicidally stupid in a slime attack.....except for this odd report, in a stack of them, all but discarded from an eyewitness defector half way around the world who saw the same thing in a test.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Excellent info from you on this thread. I'm not surprised at the fact that diplomats and high ranking officials are being called back. I think quite possibly the levy is going to break soon in N Korea!
edit on ppm1212America/ChicagoThu, 12 Dec 2013 23:43:19 -0600194pm13 by pandersway because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Damn I feel bad for Jang's nephew. Imagine just chillin there at Beijing Int. Airport, with your family, while SK photographers take pictures of you getting ready for the last plane trip of your (and your family's) lives. Everything in my body would be telling me to RUN especially if I heard about that in Malayasia, let alone get a Telex or however they send msgs to their ambassadors. I would have put on a Charlie Sheen Hawaii shirt and casually slipped outta that embassy...

They would have to drag me onto that damn plane kicking and screaming!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Jong Un from my understanding, from a very credible source, has been nothing but try to bring his country to be more urbanized, while also trying to satisfy his army. He can't be all that bad.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Lol oh God yes!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Diabolical

Cannibals moving to the use of proper utensils is also a sign of cultural development and potential for advancement.....but I wouldn't necessarily call it a positive one.

Kinda like Kim..this version. When the death camps close? I'll believe he has humanity. When "3 Generations" isn't the ruling theory for criminal justice in North Korea, I'll believe he has a soul somewhere in there. Finally, when he stops using aid and the manipulation to get more of it like an annual sporting event and actually works to build something the world refers to as a self-sustaining economy? I'll even believe he cares if his people live or die, beyond the service they can perform for him and his.

Kim is one of the last, true evil creatures this world has on offer. He comes from a line of evil men and they have a nation in tatters, ruins and misery to show for it. Even Google tells a sad tale. The aftermath is so clear, satellite photos indicate the extent of the conditions there. (check it at night.... Kim needs to research a man named Edison and some cool things he invented a long time ago
)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Jong Un from my understanding, from a very credible source, has been nothing but try to bring his country to be more urbanized, while also trying to satisfy his army. He can't be all that bad.
reply to post by Diabolical

Wow, I wish I could look at life thru your eyes!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Diabolical

You are joking right?
Have you not read anything about him and his wacky family?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I would normally agree with you however China has been rapped in the past by the UN and other nations for returning North Koreans trying to escape back to North Korea.

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't....

Diabolical

Please tell me you are joking?

The North Korean people face famine, disease, lack of basic necessities' while the North Korean leader and top leadership push the them first / military first policy. Its one of the reasons international aid has slowed down to them. They cry out for help and cite famine, only to get the food aid and send it to the elite / military.

I found it absolutely hilarious with regards to the charges against the uncle. Apparently Kim child Un and the council need to take a long look in the mirror since they are doing the very same thing the uncle and aids were executed for.

I look forward to the day when the North Korean government collapses and their leadership gets exactly what they inflicted on their own people over the decades by the people of North Korea.

Un is a spoiled brat who has no concept of how the real world works. They have no problem throwing a temper tantrum to get their way. Removing senior leadership is going to lead to a massive miscalculation on the part of the north Korean government.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join