It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drone mistakes Wedding Convoy for Al Qaeda; 15 dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
They are using religion as the reason here and its not about religion its about our freedom and health. While the 1% rich are pulling the strings the world is going straight to hell. The rich are fed up of money and power because they already have that so they go on a killing spre and get as many useless eaters off the Earth.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The elite don't care anymore hiding their plans as the masses are too busy being a slave with no time for anything else not even family. The plan to reduce population is to keep the slaves working till they die and have no time to start a family while others kill people in the name of terrorism. The pension in the UK now is you work till you die and you don't have time to spend your retirement money.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I hadn't heard this yet, and it sounded familiar from past wedding slaughters, so I was hoping this was reporting old news. Apparently this is a new incident (I was hoping someone in the thread would have found that and reported it), and hopefully will become a big deal in western nations. The drone operator should at least be cited for a serious crime if not first-degree murder (which I'd charge them with).

Do you think Obama will go to the upcoming funerals? Or that any American will attend? Rhetorical questions, but maybe the flags in America should be lowered to half-staff both for the dead and for what the country has become. You'd think many levels of check-and-balances would be in place by now with these drone strikes, and something like this would have never happened again. This is sad news, and the government of Yemen must now show their public disapproval in some fashion.
edit on 13-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Not that I support this action AT ALL, but I'd just like to know from those that do know, what is the obvious difference – at height – between a convoy of cars full of terrorists and a convoy of cars full of wedding guests?

The answer is intelligence. It looks like it wasn't used on this occasion.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Anyone who wonders why these people hate America the UK and the west need look no further than the OP's post.... this has been going on for decades and only increases the oppressed's will to fight back by whatever means.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I know that America is resting on its laurels by electronically spying on half of the world right now, but there'll be a time and situation when this practice will be stopped or circumvented.

I wonder how the most paranoid and trigger-happy nation on the whole planet will react to something they can no longer see coming? Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Every death is mourned by someone. Every injustice has someone to swear revenge; "America has all the clocks, but we have all the time", said the Taliban.

I'm British, so a political ally of America. I just can't help thinking that you, as my big brother, are leading me by the hand deeper and deeper into the cold, dark forrest with no food, no tent, and definitely no paddle.

You can go your own way into the forrest, I want to go home.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Its Europe I feel sorry for, once all the arab states calm down and look for a new target, Europe is not far away, especially going through Greece, then westwards into the heartland, America is thousands of miles away with a huge moat inbetween (the Atlantic). The UK may last for a while, but the 21 mile wide English channel won't be much of a defence, it did not stop the Allies in 1944. (going from England to france)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
As I understand it, the drone "pilots" are a 2 person team, with a third officer in support overseeing the operation. There is then a second team of "intelligence" officers watching real time and it is they who identify the target and give the order for the hit. Maybe the actual "pilots" don't even know who they are firing those missiles at, but probably rejoice in a job well done in hitting it and killing and maiming people. After all, it's not their problem if they are told to hit the wrong target... right?

But, as stated elsewhere in this thread, who cares? Ok, we made a mistake, it happens, move on to the next target seems to be the attitude. Nobody cares because it's not happening to them or their loved ones and it's thousands of miles away in a place they couldn't even point to on a map.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

pikestaff
Its Europe I feel sorry for, once all the arab states calm down and look for a new target, Europe is not far away, especially going through Greece, then westwards into the heartland, America is thousands of miles away with a huge moat inbetween (the Atlantic). The UK may last for a while, but the 21 mile wide English channel won't be much of a defence, it did not stop the Allies in 1944. (going from England to france)

What on earth are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It IS on Reuters but they buried it 8 lines down in a story about a drone strike in Yemen. This is why most Americans are unaware and not doing anything about it.

I put up a thread yesterday about a movie called Unmanned: America's Drone Wars.
For some stupid reason I can't put up a link.
Do watch it though, it's excellent.

This was what they call a "Signature stike".
Oh, a bunch of vehicles traveling together! - It must be Al Qaeda!
Seriously, that's what they do.
A group of people = Al Qaeda
People loading a truck= must be weapons
The criteria are actually that ridiculous.
Nice ObombYA, real f-ing nice!
White House/JSOC= murderers

Spreading Democracy, one hellfire missile at a time.
edit on 13-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Come back when it's reported by a news agency with some credentials.
This site sayings Reuters is reporting it does not mean Reuters is really reporting it.

I just checked their site And I didn't see the story. You're welcome to check yourself. Which you might have done before you posted this.

www.reuters.com...

Open the story about the Yemen drone strike
They hid it 8 lines down in the story.
This is how they hide the truth from America.
Tonight's top story - Lady Gaga is dressing up as a living Christmas tree!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

That basically sums up what I see. The backlash is still a long way off which means once again people won't understand why it happens, much like with 9/11.

The US has become the very thing that the majority of it's citizens think it protecting the world from.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Winning a war means having an objective and finding the means to achieving that objective.

What's the objective of America?

The objective is to spread the war, make it bigger, sell more weapons and destabilize more countries.
Drone strikes are the most cost effective way of creating more enemies.
Coming soon to an air zone near you.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Britguy

pikestaff

What on earth are you talking about?

Geography. Glad I could clear that up.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

...but escaped a drone, which President Barack Obama has touted as being “very precise.”

Well in fairness, the drone was very precise...just very precise on the wrong target!

And the drone didn't take out the wrong convoy...the drone OPERATOR took out the wrong target.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
And had that same idiot drone operator been there in person with a gun, it'd be a story about how an idiot killed a wedding convoy with an assault rifle. The point is that it's the idiots fault, now the tool the idiot used.

But this is absolutely heartbreaking and something I didn't need to read right now. Absolutely gut wrenching, my thoughts are with the families.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Cowards, murderers, psychopaths = drone operators and the people who designed, use, operate or support them. The US government with they drones are nothing more than terrorist. Obama and his government nothing better than Osama and his freedom fighters. Yes FREEDOM fighters. They fought for a right to live their way. Ussa got no right to impose their ideologies on others. I have absolutely no remorse or respect for any american soldier who died, now vets on the street they deserve it. Every little it of it. You the american people are breeding terrorist in the thousands. They will one of these nice days be enough feet on us soil to bring death and destruction to the us. Remember payback is a bitch.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

When it happens here in the U.S. it will be way to late for anyone to do anything ..but run.

In Vietnam it was " kill them all and let God sort them out", in WW2 it was " lets drop a second different type nuke bomb just to see what effect it has" now we have drones, "kill them all tell we get the one we want" only in this case it would seem we missed the one's we wanted all together.

Why have black ops people if your going to just use drones anyway and not give a damn about good Intel.

Someone here already said it but I think it is worth repeating with my own twist, not only has America always been like this but we have now become the very thing we claim we are protecting this country from, what did Marlin Brando say...the horror, the terrible horror.

edit on 13-12-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

PlanetXisHERE

Do strikes like this actually accomplish the aims of the "War on Terror", or do they breed more fanatics?

Don't you see? That's the entire point of it all. Without these "fanatics" there would be no justification for our defense industry and the huge amounts of money in the budget being spend on "defense".

THIS (Military Industrial Complex) is exactly what IKE was warning us of. As long as there's money to be made, there will be violence

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

This is how "terrorists" are created.

But it's ok because they aren't Americans who died, neither were they white, therefore justified. #sarcasm

Of course, that's X number of kids we don't have to worry about growing up to become terrorists, therefore justified. *eye roll*

Oopsies. Vomit.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join