It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson: Letting lesbians in your house might turn your kids gay

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

It seems that in our era . . . chains abound on folks of every label.

It's been a very long haul dealing with my own chains.

PTL there is now light at the end of the tunnel but it's been a very hard and long haul.

I finally found a Pastor and his wife who have a lot more powerful and effective clout than a lot of others combined.

Of course, all one's UnGodly Beliefs and practices only intensify the chains vs break them off.

Sexual addictions plague far more than homosexuals as plenty of horrible "Christian" examples have demonstrated.

And destructive thought habits are as much addictions as any other.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Erm, ok. Why don't we just agree to disagree on this?
Going back on-topic, how old is Pat Robertson anyway?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The sexual addictions issue is about as on-topic as one could be, imho. Certainly from Pat's perspective.

And if his perspective is not on topic, then this thread is merely

a MACHINE GUN PAT YET AGAIN

thread
. . . .

which, of course, it is.

Anyway--I forget how old he is. I think he's well over 70 years ol.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

BO XIAN

The sexual addictions issue is about as on-topic as one could be, imho. Certainly from Pat's perspective.

thread
. . . .

which, of course, it is.

Rev. Pat makes himself the target with his arrogant, self righteous, unchristian, stupid comments.

"Let he without sin cast the first stone" ring a bell, huh?
edit on 15-12-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

As though the

TRASH PAT threads

were devoid of ARROGANT, SELF-RIGHTEOUS posts by his opposition?

I think NOT!

Sheesh.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by olaru12

I'm lesbian and I am not aware of any gay ray.

If that were true my trips to the women's locker room in college would have been a lot more fun.
edit on 12-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

lol.
I'm not a lesbian, but this really pissed me off.
I can't believe that I sit here, today...Dec. something 2013, responding to such an ignorant statement by Pat Robertson...Reverand Pat Robertson.
So...TV won't spread the gay? Is the gay virus only spread by human contact?
What if the woman in your home is not "obviously" gay, and you didn't have any clue as to her orientation?
What an asinine statement.
It could have only come from someone who decides to ignore any kind of common sense. His fan base is like minded people who still believe that there should be separate bathrooms for the "colored" and that women should be seen and not heard.

If being around gay or bi-sexual people turned kids gay...then every child on the planet would be gay...then we would not have very many children left...would we?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

WRONG AGAIN.

PAT and other intrinsic Christians have done more to remove "color barriers" around the world than all the pontificators on ATS put together. Sheesh.

Your biases are showing as you castigate someone else's

. . . biases.

I realize that ONLY YOUR BIASES ARE RIGHTEOUS, SANE, RATIONAL, HIP, COOL, MODERN, ETC ETC ETC YADA YADA YADA

/sarc

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

BO XIAN

thread
. . . .

which, of course, it is.

Anyway--I forget how old he is. I think he's well over 70 years ol.

Look, if Robertson insists on going on TV and making a total fool of himself time and time again it's his business. But he's not doing himself any favours.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
So.. Thats how it happened, eh?

Must've encountered some lesbians that snuck their way into my childhood home, and now I'm totally gay for lesbians.

Hey Pat, maybe you should let a couple in?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

One of my housemates used to work in his organization.

Plenty of people have told him to be wiser in his pronouncements.

He's the one who writes the checks and evidently not enough folks he respects highly enough have persuaded him to be wiser.

I mostly agree with his theology but a lot of his off the cuff remarks are far too off base for my taste.

In this particular case . . . I don't think Christians need fear a visit by satan worshipers, much less lesbians et al

IF their own spiritual house is in order etc.

Nevertheless, I think Pat has a point in the sense that there are spiritual issues involved with sexual addictions and sexual acting out. And those spiritual issues are powerful and can be powerful constructively or destructively depending on a lot of issues.

I don't think his blanket statement enlightened much of anyone.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Oh jeeeze .. it's 'catchy' eh?

Next thing you know, the dope will be calling for homosexuals to be stoned to death
like they did in the old testament.

ATS Thread - Old Testament Death Penalty

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Nope.

He's actually a lot more charitable than he sometimes comes across as--particularly in a face to face individual context.

And his OPERATION BLESSING doesn't discriminate when they give to disaster or other desperate individuals around the world.

The naysayers hereon don't like to be blackwashed because of one facet of their personality or being or biases or beliefs or behaviors

Yet, they are hot to trot to trash Pat on a facet of his personality or beliefs.

Cute hypocrisy, that.

NOT.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

BO XIAN

One of my housemates used to work in his organization.

Plenty of people have told him to be wiser in his pronouncements.

He's the one who writes the checks and evidently not enough folks he respects highly enough have persuaded him to be wiser.

I mostly agree with his theology but a lot of his off the cuff remarks are far too off base for my taste.

In this particular case . . . I don't think Christians need fear a visit by satan worshipers, much less lesbians et al

IF their own spiritual house is in order etc.

Nevertheless, I think Pat has a point in the sense that there are spiritual issues involved with sexual addictions and sexual acting out. And those spiritual issues are powerful and can be powerful constructively or destructively depending on a lot of issues.

I don't think his blanket statement enlightened much of anyone.

Then he needs better advisers. Much better ones.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Okay, lets get something straightened out here.

Speaking as only one on the many gay people out there who find this latest revelation from a man (that's all he is, just a silly old man) just plain stupid let me make myself very clear;

From my viewpoint, Christianity is not the problem at all. Yep, I just said don't blame Christianity in itself.

Rather it's the brainless people who call themselves Christians and then go pervert the spirit if a religion that at it's core is about love, forgiveness and salvation for all who follow Christ's teachings.

With the rise and rise of china causing untold poverty here in the west, you think we as christians could find something more positive and inspiring to talk about instead of pointing the finger at homos and blaming them at every single turn.

After all, if Christianity and more specifically those who espouse it's virtues cannot come up with some good old fashioned love and hope in it's messages to the world, well it's little wonder then that people are turning their back on it in their droves

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

YES, LETTING GAYS AND LESBIANS INTO YOUR HOUSE CAN MAKE YOUR KIDS GAY - THIS IS A FACT -

In as much as letting buglers into your house can influence your kids to steal, or letting politicians into your house can influence the kids to want to be President.

ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE STUPID. It's NOT about Religion at all.

What Pat is saying that any unwanted influence in your home CAN influence your kids. It's that simple and that's a FACT.

We KNOW kids CAN and HAVE been influenced to be gay by being around other gays - if you deny this happens, your sticking your head in the sand. Some gays claim they are born gay but many also proudly state - they CHOOSE to be gay. CHOOSING to be Gay via having gay influence DOES HAPPEN.

You don't believe me.. just look at www.queerbychoice.com...

Pat is 100% Correct.
edit on 15-12-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Consider the source.. This is Pat Robertson we are talking about here.. lol
2nd

I hope you are joking JohnPhoenix. I really doubt you are seriously backing Pat up on this one??

Pat is 100% Correct.
**Facepalm** But I think you are joking around, and are not really that lame, right?

You don't believe me?

I did not believe you are being serious! But your serious.. Dude, really?
edit on 15-12-2013 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

zysin5

I hope you are joking JohnPhoenix. I really doubt you are seriously backing Pat up on this one??

Serious as a heart attack. I told the truth, I stated facts. I am not backing just Pat, I am backing very American parent who stands up for their right to protect their child from unwanted influences. It doesn't have to be about gays, this could apply to anything.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Facts huh? Well, I suggest you double check these "facts".
I thought you where joking.

Your logic has a few flaws. But your welcome to have your own way of thinking!
Everyone has a right to put their foot in their mouth!

How does that boot taste?

ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE STUPID.

Calling us Stupid.. That is RICH!!!! Classic! lol

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

zysin5
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Facts huh? Well, I suggest you double check these "facts".
I thought you where joking.

Your logic has a few flaws. But your welcome to have your own way of thinking!
Everyone has a right to put their foot in their mouth!

How does that boot taste?

ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE STUPID.

Calling us Stupid.. That is RICH!!!! Classic! lol

Care to point out these flaws? I simply stated anything CAN influence your kids which is true.. go ahead.. try to debunk that.

Yes, the people who are turning this thread into a gays vs Christianity thread are Stupid. The issue really has nothing to do with religion.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
lesbians rule. especially really glamorous playboy model type lesbians. no complaints here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join