It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA Robotics Challenge (DRC) Trials at Florida’s Homestead Miami Speedway, December 20-21, 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
DRC Trials page

Seventeen teams from around the world will be participating in the DARPA Robotics Challenge (DRC) Trials at Florida’s Homestead Miami Speedway, December 20-21, 2013. The Trials will provide a baseline on the current state of robotics and determine which teams will continue on to the DRC Finals in 2014 with continued DARPA funding. Competing in the 2014 Finals will lead to one team winning a $2 million prize. Before the event, you can learn about the participating teams, their robots and the disaster response tasks being tested. During the Trials, visit the site for videos and watch videos from the event on the Gallery page.

FREE to attend, what a great time and they allow cameras. Want to see the future? Want to see what may take care of us very soon?
Exciting stuff!
Anyone got a pic for winner? Odds? Is it listed in Vegas?
edit on 12-12-2013 by donlashway because: atlas

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

Well I don't know what this years winner will be,maybe a robotic car or something,but the winner of the competition in the not too distant future will look somehing like this:

That is CGI,but not for long I predict.

edit on 12/12/2013 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is cool.

I would of gone to this if I was in town that weekend. lol

join