It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could create a weapon that could destroy the world.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
IBM

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BurningAces

Originally posted by IBM
I would promptly keep it hidden at an underground US military facility, in case the US were attacked by a full force invasion.

So you would use the bombs on US soil and contaminate it, Disfiguring and befoul future generations?

NO. I would destroy the rest of the world but the US. I would use it on the invading country, and if a few other countries get knocked out, thats their problem.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

Originally posted by IBM
I would promptly keep it hidden at an underground US military facility, in case the US were attacked by a full force invasion.

So you would use the bombs on US soil and contaminate it, Disfiguring and befoul future generations?

NO. I would destroy the rest of the world but the US. I would use it on the invading country, and if a few other countries get knocked out, thats their problem.

That would suck. You're even gonna knock the few penguins and polar bears in the North Pole.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by BurningAces]

IBM

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

Originally posted by IBM

That would suck. You're even gonna knock the few penguins and polar in the North Pole.

Yes I would, penguins have no tactical or stragetical value to me, so they are gone. But the squirrels can stay. I like them, they are cute.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

Maybe you haven't read the title right. "What if you could create a weapon that could destroy the world?" Meaning you use it once, it destroys all of Earth, including you and your precious U.S.

Surf

IBM

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by IBM

Maybe you haven't read the title right. "What if you could create a weapon that could destroy the world?" Meaning you use it once, it destroys all of Earth, including you and your precious U.S.

Surf

I would have it so it is not an all at once destructive weapon. But rather targetable such as a bomb with a 500 mile wide radius of destruction.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
That is what I mean. People need to evolve. How can a person in good conscious develop something that they know will be used to destroy other people.

The Nazi's were close to a bomb, why do you think the two country that ransacked his base were the first two to develop it. Einstein receive too much credit for his theory, which are only theory and can not be proven.

BTW, a weapon that could be used that would not spread poison like the nuclear bombs.

Seems like the moderator on this board are a bit touchy. I

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Justanotherperson]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

Originally posted by IBM

Surf

I would have it so it is not an all at once destructive weapon. But rather targetable such as a bomb with a 500 mile wide radius of destruction.

500 miles? You even destroy China with that. I rather would use some chemical or Biological weapons, plus with the fact the material in in can go airbourne and spread rapidly.

IBM

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
That is what I mean. People need to evolve. How can a person in good conscious develop something that they know will be used to destroy other people.

The Nazi's were close to a bomb, why do you think the two country that ransacked his base were the first two to develop it. Einstein receive too much credit for his theory, which are only theory and can not be proven.

BTW, a weapon that could be used that would not spread poison like the nuclear bombs.

Its very easy. Either I live, or get killed by the invading forces. You cant negotiate in war. Simple. Fact of life.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Its very easy. Either I live, or get killed by the invading forces. You cant negotiate in war. Simple. Fact of life.

It is this kind of mentality that leads me to believe that we will destroy ourselves. This us against them mentality.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson

It is this kind of mentality that leads me to believe that we will destroy ourselves. This us against them mentality.

We will eventually will destroy ourselves, with all this tension between different countries

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Some of the replies on this thread will tell you why I say "no" I would'nt give it to the military.
Human nature being what it is.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

We will eventually will destroy ourselves, with all this tension between different countries

If people like IBM were in power, we would all be dead now.

Surf

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Surf

Bush?

IBM

link   

Surf

No, we would not be, the invading forces would be dead.I would actually be he 5 Star General of the US if in charge.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by IBM]

link   

If that is our fate, destroy the world now and hope the next species will evolve into what we will probably never become. If that is our fate then maybe it would be a mercy killing if I just blow it all to hell.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Bush?

At least someone got what I was talking about.

Surf

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Bush?

At least someone got what I was talking about.

Surf

At least Bush was better than Hitler and Stalin. lol.
EDIT: I'm not a Bush supporter...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Was?

Haha

Surf

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Was?

Haha

Surf

Hmmm. I'll rephrase that: At least Bush is better than Hitler and Stalin.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If I were to develop a weapon that were that destructive, I'd destroy all info on it and sabotage all effort that could lead to it.
However I would produce a less destructive form and take over the world, I'd start out with the US and if it did not bend to my will I would destroy Australia to show I am willing to use it. (Australians kill cats, thats why I dont like them.)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join