It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The case of incest and depravity which came to rest in the hills of a quiet country town

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by littled16

eck, as far as that goes every single one of us almost probably have a child living in our own neighborhood that is currently being victimized by their own family member.

In our county the last numbers I read were 1 child in 10.

We also have

This means that at least one out of every 280 people residing here are convicted sexual predators – the second highest per capita number in the entire state.

You would probably have to jack those numbers up substantially to account for all of the cases that are never reported and for cases that aren't investigated properly. I would hazard to guess more than double the numbers, possibly triple...

ETA: There is something odd going on with the quote feature here... Hmmmmm
edit on 12/12/13 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Sickening to say the least, also sad. I have to ask the "Down-Under Gang" here; What was Australia like 150 years ago? If this behavior started 3-4 generations ago it should have started around that time.

Maybe the two that started this whole family thought they where above everyone else, and wanted to pass their superior genes on to only their off-spring.

Either way, the people in the town that the children would go to (once or twice a year) should have taken some concern for what they were seeing. If the children that were going to the local town couldn't speak, then what did they do there? Why didn't anyone try and do something earlier on?

There are a lot of questions about this outside of the obvious "how could anyone allow this behavior to occur in a family?" At least the situation is now being dealt with, but sheesh what took so long?

***SIDE NOTE***

I could totally see why it would take a couple of day for the Social Worker to take action. It's such a strange event that you would need to figure out how to handle the situation with as little trauma to the kids as possible (especially given the trauma they have to face on a day to day basis)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Sickening, horrifying, disturbing, etc. That same scene is probably being played out somewhere in the inaccessible Appalachian region. That being said, they must be terrific banjo players.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

That is a good point actually. That is a pretty remote area. If what you are suggesting is true then the police forced must be spread out really thin or there is not much of a police force to really speak of in the first place.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What will Caravan Earth look like if someone from a clean, healthy, sustainable civilization drops by?
What will our excuse be? "Those other guys"?

These people are the products of an isolated life taught to them from people now long gone.
Just like us.

We're better at putting on makeup and building facades and using weapons to silence the critics.
Would we like some eyeball to go with our plank?

We'd desire/need empathy on an individual basis, not just those that trigger "aww" instincts.
We too still struggle with highly destructive issues our grandparents passed to our parents, etc.
edit on 12-12-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's so sad to see kids that have never been given a chance, and have to live out the rest of their lives with those scars. My heart goes out to them.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by AlphaHawk

I read about this earlier today and wondered abouy something. Obviously its terrible and just weird as hell (the article I read called them "cult" but I don't know why?) , but it said they were about 4 geberations of incest yet there were severe abnormalities in the children. I don't know much about it but I thought it took a looong tine of inbreeding to cause problems. Like I said I don't know much about it but from what I've read ("blue bloods" and royalty marrying in family) I thought it took a lobg time. Maybe its because they were such close relations.

Humans are VERY susceptible to inbreeding from what i gathered, take any other type of animal and they can be inbreed (things like small ferral cat colonies) with mothers and siblings for a fairly decent number of generations before mistakes start to be made. With humans though the problems start pretty much right away, even if they arent apparent in the second generation.

To me this example isnt what humanity would devolve to since even in our distant past we had cultures and tribes/families that deliberately swapped members between each other for preventing this very issue (heck some even had gatherings where the young could mingle and meet. This however was a set of people who deliberately let their 'culture'/family become this way and the result is eventual mentality retarded behavior molded into a habit since they knew no other way and didnt have the mental capacity to recognize natural 'wrong'. Where animals are tied to breeding seasons and timed hormones and often leave or are aggresivly forced from the 'nest' after a certain age, humans in this sort of situation dont, we often group together and our breeding cycle isnt tied to anything...

Recipe for disaster, which is why id say people consider it evil, it could have been foreseen and stopped by the first few generations, the fact it wasnt meant they didn't care for the outcome. The outcome however was inefficient mentally to stop, a nasty spiraling loop into madness.

Pitty them.
edit on 12-12-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

It depends on how closely related the parents and is still a matter of chance. In the case of this family, the effects of homozygosity were made more diffuse within it simply because it had been going on for so many generations. Father and daughter giving birth to a child that has a child with an uncle--it compounds it and increases the probability to induce genetic defect.

The reason why you don't see it quite as much within the royal bloodlines is because the European ones did not generally take it quite so far. The British line only had marriages as close as first cousins (6.25% change of homozygosity). In Egypt, pharaohs would marry their sisters/half sisters (25% chance) and as another poster noted, there is evidence of stillborn children and well, Akhenaten was a pretty weird looking bloke.

This link actually touches on the subject of nobility and inbreeding. It didn't go so easily for those families either but not as severe as this family in Australia. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The question I have is, where is the harm in banging your cousin if you're using protection and agree before-hand to have an abortion if it ends up going that way?

The taboo is meant to prevent messed up kiddos... no kiddos means okey-dokey.. right?
edit on 12-12-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
^ ...did they really just ask that? If it's possible: simply leave your house for a few hours. Take a walk...go for a drive...catch the bus if you have to. You're BOUND to meet someone you're NOT related to. Really, it's that easy.

Telephone/power poles have been milled - actual trees don't look like that. Just a thought...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

The rate that hybrid vigor degenerates in cases of multigenerational incest is entirely dependent on the fitness of the original genepool. I have bad eyes, and my mother has weak bones; if my sister and I started an incestuous colony, poor bone structure and eyesight would appear very quickly. The fact that these people may be descended from penal colonists, when criminals have very high rates of mental disorders and infirmities, is telling. If they are not descended from penal colonists, they likely left society due to paranoia, etc, also indicative of mental infirmity. (I assume they aren't aborigines. Aborigines are far more civilized and used to living in the bush.)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

pondrthis

The rate that hybrid vigor degenerates in cases of multigenerational incest is entirely dependent on the fitness of the original genepool. I have bad eyes, and my mother has weak bones; if my sister and I started an incestuous colony, poor bone structure and eyesight would appear very quickly. The fact that these people may be descended from penal colonists, when criminals have very high rates of mental disorders and infirmities, is telling. If they are not descended from penal colonists, they likely left society due to paranoia, etc, also indicative of mental infirmity. (I assume they aren't aborigines. Aborigines are far more civilized and used to living in the bush.)

yeah, how many generations since then?

some strange and whacko people in this world.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SteezyG

I'm not a "they". It's a serious question. There's a logical reason that it's an issue. I just removed the issue. You're just stuck on the cultural programming. Not my deal!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

Actually in the not so distant past it was quite customary for cousins to marry, even first cousins, in order to keep wealth and land holdings within the family. It is only in recent times that the practice has become culturally unacceptable. My own great grandparents on one side of the family were first cousins and had a very large family with no known major genetic flaws that anyone is aware of.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

Unfortunately, I actually work with a person, that "dated" their cousin for several months. They knew it wasn't socially acceptable, and didn't tell many people.
To be honest, I was uncomfortable with it. But interestingly, some members of their family were ok with it.

I believe it goes on, more the the general public realizes.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I read about this the other day. Kind of ashamed that it managed to reach the international community... We don't hear much about these sorts of things in Australia, and it's sad that it's happened.

Those kids are pretty much never going to be okay

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

dollukka

They found 40 adults and children living in two filthy caravans, two sheds and tents on an unsewered block with no running water.

Dirt caked the surfaces of stoves and cooking facilities, rotten vegetables lay in a refrigerator and a kangaroo was sleeping on one of the children's beds.

Exposed electric wires, bags of rubbish and chainsaws lay about.

There were no toilets, showers or baths.

The children were unwashed and wore dirty clothes.

They were shy and made little eye contact.

Few were capable of intelligible speech; almost all had fungal infections in their feet.

Some had oddly-formed features, which scientific tests would later reveal was a result of "homozygosity" or identical gene patterns of both of the children's parents.

The case of incest and depravity which came to rest in the hills of a quiet country town

This reminded me about the movie "Wrong Turn " sure we think nothing like in that movie can happen nowadays..
Australia has a large remote areas which explains why this "Family" haven´t been exposed before..

Another Source

You see, the movie 'Wrong Turn' is just one of the many racist tools(dehumanize a whole populace of people) for trying to destroy the people of the Appalachia's through lies so that no one will listen when their natural resources are being taken. The incest going on in Australia is real. That's the difference. Eli Roth(Wrong Turn, Hostel) is a Zionist twit Satanist who obviously has a lustful hate for rural people of the Appalachias. Imagine if someone from the Appalachias made a movie about inbred jews.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

the quality of life? really?

They tied two naked children to a tree once.....had rotting bodies and failing organs from incest.

They also couldn't read or TALK....yeah Paradise really.

who are you to judge your species as being unnatural or inferior to what standards you deem appropriate?

We have problems sure.....but all things considered .....we aren't doing that bad as a planet.

These poor kids will be better off living as us wretched modern humans than as borderline savages without the benefit of natural support structures of a tribe or clan. They weren't exactly "one with nature "..

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Geeze, this little cell of throwbacks sounds like an old X-Files episode. One I never really liked. And they got away, too!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join