It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apartheid actually is still in effect in a lot of countries.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Whenever we see things like Nelson mandela supposedly overcoming the odds and ending Apartheid, I find that hard to believe. There's still tons of countries that have that. Some are:

South africa
USA
Greece
Japan,

and many many more. Racism is still rampant. They no longer call it Apartheid instead they call it "living in the projects" or being an "illegal immigrant". All that's happened is the label has changed on it. But as for actual change it's next to non existent.

So I think it's fake when they say that NM was a hero etc etc. All they did is free him so they could make him into a puppet and give him new orders under the trickery of saying that Apartheid has been eradicated.

total bs in my opinion. They always do that, they make it look like some power structure has been done away with, when instead it's just gone into a bit of hiding.

what do you think?

edit on 12-12-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

You forgot Israel. How could you forget Israel?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well i slightly disagree because Aparthied was like Jim Crow on steroids but to your point you can only get rid of the overt policy but not the feelings or ideologies of the oppressors they just get more insidious and covert

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You can't eliminate Racism with laws. That requires the ignorant to educate themselves. But then there would be some groups out there *There always is* claiming the right to do and believe as they see fit. Which is true within reason but does not give them the right to put others down simply based on their own insecurities and fears.

I'll borrow the following phrase...

"It's progress not perfection"

Still have a ways to go imho.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

What is a apartheid?

What is your definition of that?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

13th Zodiac

true. But that's a bit different as they're constantly being attacked so what are they suppose to do? Just sit around and take it up the butt?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
How dare those Japanese try to remain Japanese on Japanese soil? Racists!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

wingsfan
How dare those Japanese try to remain Japanese on Japanese soil? Racists!!!!!!

What does nationalism have to do with race?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

They are constantly ATTACKING not being attack...LOL

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

sounds like they take after their masters the you es quite well. big dog teaching lil dog

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

spartacus699

13th Zodiac

true. But that's a bit different as they're constantly being attacked so what are they suppose to do? Just sit around and take it up the butt?

Ah So Apartheid IS ok in some circumstances?
so who decides when it's ok and when it's not?
why in your opinion is racism allowed by some governments and not others?
Some would consider Illegal Immigrants a big problems for some countries, as you say, take it up their butts, but what they do is wrong, where as Israels form of Apartheid is ok?
Is that not Apatheid of Governements, some are treated differently to others?
edit on 16-12-2013 by WilsonWilson because: .

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The Civil Rights Movement in America was not trying to get rid of racism, but just to end legal segregation. Mandela tried to do the same in South Africa. There is no way to rid the world of racism, just ways to make sure that the racism of someone in power cannot deter the legal rights and legal decisions of anyone else.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
when a country stops people marrying throws them off the land stops the water and services and makes people .travel in different parts of a bus now where can that be happening on the planet .

yet when in my country i am expected to ACT civil to those same people who would treat me like dirt in theirs

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

OP's premise is incorrect. Unlike Aparthied in SA, there are no racial laws in the US or institutionalized racism. Certainly we have our share of bigots, but the government is not "keeping minorities down." As for immigration, it is illegal immigration that is the issue in debate--the legal aspects of it, not the racial.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

NavyDoc

OP's premise is incorrect. Unlike Aparthied in SA, there are no racial laws in the US or institutionalized racism. Certainly we have our share of bigots, but the government is not "keeping minorities down." As for immigration, it is illegal immigration that is the issue in debate--the legal aspects of it, not the racial.

There sure used to be racial laws in the U.S. It took many years of work, both inside and outside of governmental and movement circles, to change them. Not many exist now, although the new way of dealing with voting rights seems to be an end-around to reinstate some of them, but the U.S. Justice Department is checkmating many of those.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Aleister

NavyDoc

There sure used to be racial laws in the U.S. It took many years of work, both inside and outside of governmental and movement circles, to change them. Not many exist now, although the new way of dealing with voting rights seems to be an end-around to reinstate some of them, but the U.S. Justice Department is checkmating many of those.

Not saying that we had bad things in our past, just that these things do not exist now.

As for voting issues, I think that it is glib to say that those are "racist" programs--"racism" seems the default accusation with anything the left disagrees with and it is overused. The idea behind voter ID it to keep the integrity of the system--one citizen, one vote.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

spartacus699
Whenever we see things like Nelson mandela supposedly overcoming the odds and ending Apartheid, I find that hard to believe. There's still tons of countries that have that. Some are:

South africa
USA
Greece
Japan,

and many many more. Racism is still rampant. They no longer call it Apartheid instead they call it "living in the projects" or being an "illegal immigrant". All that's happened is the label has changed on it. But as for actual change it's next to non existent.

What a load of BS, that's what I think. "Illegal immigrant" is a "victim" of apartheid? In this country? Don't be a sap.

Hay and by the way white Afrikaners were illegal immigrants to. Wheres the love?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Aleister

NavyDoc

Coming back around after all these years and all we have been through as a nation to rectify these problems and dumping the apartheid label on america is simply hate speech. In fact I cannot expresses my feelings for this dozy liberal divisionism without using very foul language.

top topics

join