It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temple Relief At Abydos Egypt And A Pondering Thought ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

DonVoigt
reply to post by DaphneApollo

The other possibility that no one ever seems to mention is the possibility of time travel, what if somewhere in the future we sent someone back in time, they traveled all the way back to ancient Egypt with no way to turn to the present. While they were living out the rest of their lives in the past they described to the ancient Egyptians what the future would be like.

What you said here reminded me of the Peri Reis map. I'm sure people knew how to astral travel above the earth. They could have drawn that map from memory afterwards, just a thought though.

Liked your thinking here.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

alfa1

DaphneApollo
Relief on a wall at Abydos Temple.
[
Thoughts ATS...

These thoughts...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
...in which I explain how you can see for yourself what it really is and how the palimpset came to be.

edit on 12-12-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

My question to you on this above is thus: It is known that succeeding Pharaohs, foreign invaders what-have-you, would deface or tear down certain images, ( to erase the last Rulers empire or history of it ) such as knocking the nose off the Sphinx or trying to.

If perhaps this image was altered and was written 1500 years ago or whatever and it was altered ( which I don't doubt by the way ) When was the last time it was altered?

If it was altered over hundreds of years ago for instance, where did they get the idea for the planes? Planes, flying machines, have only been around for little over a hundred years ! The Wright Brothers in America. So, when was the last time it was altered?????

My point in this thread is comparing an image from 1500-3000 years ago to a modern Aerial Crane which looks just like that image. Aerial cranes haven't been around that long.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

DaphneApollo
If it was altered over hundreds of years ago for instance, where did they get the idea for the planes?

No.
They didnt get an idea for anything.
As I've said, its just superimposition.

The temple was built as a cenotaph and mortuary temple for Seti I.
The temple was completed by his son, Ramesses II.
Some inscriptions were modified using plaster infill, or even just plastered over and new inscriptions chiselled into the plaster, which over millennia crumbled or dried, falling away from the stonework.

And it certainly does not help that the image that started this thread has been digitally manipulated by frauds, to fake the appearance of a helicopter even more than it really is.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Maybe they are individual inscriptions that are wedged together just enough to appear as something
that was not originally intended. But perhaps it is a meaningful coincidence such as is discussed in this
article.

The idea that synchronistic events are caused by the individual who perceives them or portrays them.

Now we don't know what the person making the inscriptions was thinking or how their brain
was micro processing at the time and then constructed those images so that they lay in a fashion
that great minds later on would interpret to look eerily similar to our current day helicopter.

That alone is quite fascinating to me.

www.newdawnmagazine.com...

leolady

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

leolady
Maybe they are individual inscriptions that are wedged together just enough to appear as something
that was not originally intended.

Can you be more specific?
What exactly do you mean by "wedged together"?

Do you mean there is overlay, as shown in the image above (and also provable to yourself if you follow the link in my first posting in this thread), or do you mean there is not?

If not, why do you suppose ALL of the other heiroglyphs in that section of the temple also show clear signs of being overwritten in the same manner? This last point is important, because you have to understand that although the "helicopter" image is quite well known, it is only one tiny tiny bit of writing in that temple. The best theories come from observing ALL of the facts, not just by singling out ONE supposed "heiroglyph" and ignoring every other bit of writing nearby because it doesnt fit the theory.
For example, how would you account for the over written Seti I cartouche with the Ramesses II name, as mentioned here?

Why also do you suppose that some fraud has digitally edited the helicopter image to remove the bird symbol that obscures part of it?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Thanks for the answer, no prob, it's just a discussion on a website, it's cool.

Only thing is you didn't answer the time period ( year ) it was altered from what it was to what it appears to be now. :puz. I'm a novice. I ask questions. And, since you seem to be all knowing on the subject, seems you would answer this, but it wasn't touched on. :puz

www.youtube.com...

Plaster just happened to fall off in that image from inscribed names of Sethi and Ramses and they call it a coincidence ....

edit on 12-12-2013 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Ok. Perhaps wedged was the wrong word choice... as its definition in no way compares to super
imposed or over written. My quirky little mistake.

I don't dispute that the inscriptions are just over written or super imposed which then created
the helicopter effect. I don't believe one way or the other. I am just looking at all plausible
explanations and or theories. Just another approach to looking at it is the whole concept of
meaningful coincidences. In my mind if we can create meaning to a coincidence then in reverse
our mind can sub-consciously reveal realities without our realizing it at the time too. Anyways that's a
whole other topic and its not my intention to derail this thread.

I don't want to go too deep into it...
I'm just saying that perhaps... the person doing the inscriptions in the first place sub-consciously
revealed a reality to us without realizing it...and or the person viewing it now could of created
meaning that was not there originally.

It could be fraud

It could have originally meant to be a helicopter image

it could be super imposed or over written inscriptions that then created the helicopter effect

it could be that the person doing the over writing without realizing it created the effect
b/c of realities they had in their own mind at that time

it could be that today's observer created the helicopter effect due to the meaningful coincidence
theory

leolady

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Visual demonstration time.
As seen in the link I've given a whole bunch of times now, there is a wider field of view of that area of the temple. I will use a simple example of Pharaoh names to show the process that happened here, just inches away from the "helicopter".

The temple is one originally built for Seti I. (about 1280 BC)
As seen on this page, his name can be written like this:

It is written vertically there, but since there are only three elements to the name, when written horizontally, it will still be clear these three elements are the same.

Some time later, Ramesses II (ruled Egypt from 1279 BC to 1213 BC), decides that he wants the temple for himself, and this is what his name looks like, as written at Abydos, just inches away from the helicopter...

Ramesses II has the Seti I name filled in with plaster, his own name carved in and all is well.

A few thousand years later, and the plaster falls out.
Both, overlayed, are now shown to the world, at Abydos, just inches away from the "helicopter".

Seti I
+
Ramesses II
=
both

Of course this is not the helicopter. I gave that image in my previous posting. It is however evidence that this whole putty fill and cut process happened across that whole archway at that place at that time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join