It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Okay That Our Food is Tortured Before Butchering?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

"Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance he'd eat you and everyone you care about."

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
seems to me lile most of you dont read

have nrver been on a farm

and have no clue what a real chicken egg looks like.

therefore this wholr thtead is moot

eta

the reason i say this is because unrol we are honest about what has happened to our food chsin there is no good option.
its all about corn and corn by products. even our meats are just corn byproduct.

read abiut arrificial fertalizers. what is n-p-k ? why is it important? what makes corn and soy different from most other plants? and npks affect.

why are people starving while we turn oil into corn just to turn that corn into oil?

please ger seroius about yiur food.

all of it
edit on 13-12-2013 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by caitlinfae

There sure as hell IS something wrong with it being more expensive! People are already eating sub par crap that does not do them any favours, without the price of meat inflating further than it already has. I am sure we would all like to live well above the poverty line, but not all of us do, and it is thoughtless of you to make out that food price increases will not have a devastating effect on the ability of people to feed themselves, people who are already at the thin end of the wedge.

When life is wonderful for every human being, perhaps then we should start worrying about the lot of everything else on this planet.

Well, birth control but by the time "life is wonderful ..." the rest of life on this ball of mud will have paid dearly. What will the definition of wonderful be by then. hmmm?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Yeah - most of modern processing plants are disgusting. The way they treat the animals is horrific.

Until the wifey allows me to raise our own chickens and goats, I'll be forced to buy store bought meats. There was another link to a guy on Youtube, VeganBlackMetalChef - his website has links to animal slaughter house horrors. His site link is: veganblackmetalchef.com which is graphic, but is along the lines of the topic.

If there was an old school butcher nearby my location (Islamic and/or Judaism), I'd go for that instead of the normal butcher meats. At least, when a god gets involved, humans will treat an animal with rules to respect their food.

Sorry for my earlier post about the hunting and trapping. That was insensitive of me.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

How dare you equate this to the Nazis!

You are pushing your own agenda and can not/will not see that I was not bashing you, veganism or vegetarians. Almost have of my extended family are vegetarians. We all love and respect each others choices. AND for the record, I am Jewish. I neglected to add that when my husband was teaching our children how to slaughter the chickens, he had them thank the birds and pray to Hashem. We personally don't keep Kosher, but for some of our family and friends being vegetarians mean they have no Kosher conflicts, as well as it being cheaper than buying Kosher meat. No one should EVER equate anything to the Nazi regime unless they had family die in those camps!

The reason this was NOT in my previous post is because half the people on this site are anti-Semitic. They hate people who are different, and hold different beliefs. They are narrow minded and view their way as the only right way. Hmmmmmm. Sound familiar?

Oh, and to the poster who was quizzing on what color an egg yolk really is - I can't speak for anyone else, but our girls lay eggs with bright orange yolks. And the eggs themselves are extra large.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by GargIndia

God has made plants as food for humans and animals. There is no question of worrying about pain in plants.

God also made animals as food for other animals apparently.
Examples:
-Birds eating bees.
-Lions eating gazelles.
-Tigers eating Hindus.

He apparently didn't worry about pain in animals either.... I have plenty.
edit on 13-12-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Carnivorous animals can eat other animals because God made them so.

An animal eating other animal CANNOT be the reason for a human eating an animal.

Humans are different from animals.

I have said it hundreds of times on this board that human biology may be similar to animals but there are fundamental differences.

Humans have intuition and discretion that animals do not have.

The truth starts from accepting that we are soul. The body is just a carrier of soul. God has given special gift to humans which should be appreciated.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The only mention I made of humans are that tigers eat them and that I feel pain.
You read my post, right?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Although meat is a Gift from God, animals should be humanely killed
without them feeling much pain.
I've read somewhere that Kosher is the most painless way

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Angelic Resurrection

As original intention it was supposed to be/the animal had to be in movement when killed/out and about not aware of what was coming. As with any circumventing of original intention now they are strung upside down alive, hanging, kicking and struggling (but hey, moving) when killed.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

butcherguy

The only mention I made of humans are that tigers eat them and that I feel pain.
You read my post, right?

Can you make your stand more clear?

You need to improve your English as I cannot make any sense of your statement in this post.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

arosebyanyothername

Angelic Resurrection

As original intention it was supposed to be/the animal had to be in movement when killed/out and about not aware of what was coming. As with any circumventing of original intention now they are strung upside down alive, hanging, kicking and struggling (but hey, moving) when killed.

There is no "Kosher" way? Jews are as deluded as anyone else.

Eating meat is sure way to land your soul in hell.

The Indian religions (Vedic, Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism) place so much emphasis on vegetarianism because the countless saints saw the effect of meat eating on souls in their soul recollections.

The evolved humans (Yogi) can see past lives in state of 'Samadhi'. Yogi can recollect experiences of innumerable past lives. That makes him wiser above all other humans.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

GargIndia

butcherguy

You read my post, right?

Can you make your stand more clear?

You need to improve your English as I cannot make any sense of your statement in this post.

Originally, you posted that God provided plants for animals to eat.

I replied to you to remind you that animals also eat other animals.

You replied to that post, telling me that animals eating animals is no excuse for humans to eat animals.

My reply to that was to remind you that I did not mention humans eating animals in my original reply.

How is my English now?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

There is no "Kosher" way? Jews are as deluded as anyone else. Eating meat is sure way to land your soul in hell.

I don't like to denigrate someone's beliefs, but look what you are doing to the Jews.

Please provide proof of a 'soul', a 'hell', and that 'yogis' have any paranormal abilities. If you are able to provide proof of hell, then you can provide proof that eating meat is a sure way to get there.

You shouldn't call other religions silly when you have so much in common with them. (that would be the fact that you can't prove the tenets of it)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

signalfire

Sorry not going Vegan...Period.
While I can appreciate you point of view ...
To push it down onto others is in very bad taste..IMHO

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lolliek

Oh, and to the poster who was quizzing on what color an egg yolk really is - I can't speak for anyone else, but our girls lay eggs with bright orange yolks. And the eggs themselves are extra large.

I think that could be a trick question. It doesn't specify chicken eggs or even bird eggs.
The yolk of the eggs of some species of gar fish is green.
Chicken egg yolk color depends on the food that the hen had been eating. Free range tend to be orange.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm not a vegetarian. I'd like to be, but i love bacon tooooo much.
However my brother is a strict vegetarian, only drinks vegetarian beers and wines. Doesnt wear leather etc.
the fact is we both agree that any animals kept in captivity should be afforded a certain quality of life and death.
Somebody mentioned the Kosher way is better it' isnt, a lot of kosher and halal meat, the animal is not stunned so is aware when it's bleeding out.
The fact is meat is going to go out of fashion, it will have to, it's a very inefficient way of feeding people, and as the worlds popultaion expands, vegetarinism is the way forward!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

butcherguy

There is no "Kosher" way? Jews are as deluded as anyone else. Eating meat is sure way to land your soul in hell.

I don't like to denigrate someone's beliefs, but look what you are doing to the Jews.

Please provide proof of a 'soul', a 'hell', and that 'yogis' have any paranormal abilities. If you are able to provide proof of hell, then you can provide proof that eating meat is a sure way to get there.

You shouldn't call other religions silly when you have so much in common with them. (that would be the fact that you can't prove the tenets of it)

It is good to question, and I like you are questioning the basics.

Soul - differentiate between a live person and a dead person? Once you reply, we shall take from there.

Hell - You see animals suffering on a daily basis. Countless humans are also suffering from mal-nutrition, disease, violence etc. This is hell. The soul takes birth as animal etc. to repent from bad deeds as human.

Yogis - True yogi do not go around exhibiting their powers. A Yogi dissociates from the society, as society has nothing to offer him. So you want to find about the powers of a Yogi, you need to first find a Yogi. That will be your quest.

You have no idea about me or my religion. I can question your beliefs as I question beliefs of all people, as that is my job. You have some preset ideas about India. There are many problems in India, specifically the way religions are practiced. I am a preacher and a teacher who is trying to reform people.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Your answer to hell is the best of your 'answers'. However, what was the cause of 'hell' for the vegan baby that died malnutrition? Link

So I must find a yogi in order for you to prove that they have superhuman abilities?

You say that I have preconceived notions about India, but I had not mentioned India. Could it be that you have preconceived notions about me?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

1. The baby died due to foolishness of parents.

We do not suggest 'vegan' diet. We suggest vegetarian diet which includes milk and milk products.
The baby should have been fed mother's milk till at least 6 months old (preferably one year), and supplemented with cow milk and cereals.

2. You want to meet a Yogi is up to you.

I have seen the power of a Yogi with my own eyes. I have taken 'deeksha' and practiced 'naam jaap'. I have seen the effects of that, as I was able to heal more than one person with the power I accumulated with good karma.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join