It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud boom heard, lights seen across AZ. The BIG meteor shower begins!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

signalfire
Wow, are all the newscasters in Arizona that clueless?

Obviously a meteorite or incoming space debris until proven otherwise. Lemme know when it's clocked on radar doing an about-face at several thousand miles an hour and we'll discuss other possibilities.

In short, it's a rock.

Sadly yes, news people even "meteorologists" are often nothing more than "spokesmodels" today. They come from casting agencies more than journalism schools.

Case in point: The "meteorologist" who couldn't identify a weather balloon bursting and didn't know what an astronomical phenomena was.....

Notice the other airhead newscaster saying "Aliens" at the end. This is the precise type of unscientific nonsense that gets peddled to a gullible public while the TV station looks for ratings as a result of throwing out the prosaic and accurate explanation in favor of the more sensational "its an UNKNOWN OBJECT, therefore its a UFO therefore it MUST BE ALIENZ!!!" nonsense.

SMH...hard

The dumbing down of the nation continues.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This year's Geminid meteor shower peaks on the night of Dec. 13-14, with falling stars beginning in the evening and ending at dawn.

The meteors will start out few and far between in early evening but will increase in number as evening deepens into late night. Worldwide, these meteors will fall most abundantly in the hours after midnight, with the largest concentration at 2 a.m.

Geminid meteor shower peaks Friday night

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
In the past "house shaking" has not been associated with meteor showers.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

PlanetXisHERE
In the past "house shaking" has not been associated with meteor showers.

Tell that to the people around Chelyabinsk Oblast (Russia). That meteor earlier this year damaged over 3000 buildings and injured over 1000.

FYI, the OP's meteor broke up over Marana, and they are searching the northwest part of Tucson for fragments today.
edit on 11-12-2013 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrLimpet

we had a meteor in Scotland yesterday, 0900 or their about standard time (link)

its the start of the Geminids they are about now

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
John McCain just ruptured. He is now God.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Sorry

i did not want to torture myself by reading and deciphering crud info from well-meaning posts

but from what i deduce is that the meteor shower you assosciate with ISON after being crumbled by the Sun
is not even the Earth Orbit Yet... it will be weeks until the ever widening debris field is in the proximity of intersecting the Earth Orbit

this stuff is beyond belief... idiotic... but still falls within the perimeters of being worthy commentary and not subject to complete dismissal by the 'thinking-portion' of the Forum

The ISON remnants might never intersect the Earth orbit and never become a yearly 'meteor-shower-event' like the Perisedes or others...
but even if the the ISON remnants do return it will be close to 90 Million years from now... as the scientists have classed ISON a first visitor from the Oort cloud with a 90 million year orbit

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

It was said the object was extremely bright and this light should have illuminated the tail if it was a meteor. The one in Russia left a huge tail and would have been visible even at night...I have no idea what it might be. It could be a meteor but I'm just pointing out that it should have had a tail and this tail should have been made visible by the light of the meteor...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

St Udiothe meteor shower you assosciate with ISON after being crumbled by the Sun
is not even the Earth Orbit Yet... it will be weeks until the ever widening debris field is in the proximity of intersecting the Earth Orbit

The debris field that Earth is due to pass through soon is the one created before ISON went through perihelion. We're 'catching it up', if you like

The break up of the comet since, and the resulting debris, is following a trajectory above the orbital plane and we will not come in contact with it.
edit on 12-12-2013 by Flaunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I live right outside NW Tucson and we hear the aircraft flying out of Davis Monthan AFB do drills from time to time. My wife heard something that night, but I blew it, thinking it was F-16s or something. Then my coworker asked me if I heard the noise or saw the flash of light. Hmmm. Certainly looks like a meteor in that video.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
LOL at frame 1:47 Steward Obesrvatory ....the news misspelled observatory. Professionals at work.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Hummm..I actually like the way it is presented...to the point

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

EnPassant
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

It was said the object was extremely bright and this light should have illuminated the tail if it was a meteor. The one in Russia left a huge tail and would have been visible even at night...I have no idea what it might be. It could be a meteor but I'm just pointing out that it should have had a tail and this tail should have been made visible by the light of the meteor...

This one has no tail either
Broke thru the cloud cover at around 5000 ft

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
just saw a nice one....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join