It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever met any movie stars? Photo here of Clint Eastwood and me.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have met Clint Eastwood when he was making the movie The Outlaw Josie Wales. Here's a photo of him and me. I was 19 at the time. It was in 1975.
EDIT: I went to high school in Northern AZ. near Lake Powell. Lots of movies were made there.

And a couple of years ago I took a photo of Davy Jones of the Monkees in Atlanta when getting on an airplane.

[Edited on 18-11-2004 by xenophile]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You're so lucky. The only reletivly famous person I've ever met was the owner of the Chicago Blackhawks (he can't be to happy right now). I've hardly even seen anybody famous in real life.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I met Artie from Howad Stern at the bar in the Hard Rock Cafe. He bought me a Vodka and Redbull! :w:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Yeah........I was lucky they were nice enough to let me take photos. I have a couple with me and Davy Jones together but I'd have to scan them and I don't even know where the photos are.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I met Anthony Hopkins (Pre 'Hannibal Lecter') back in the 70's in Snowdonia.
Needless to say, being Wales, it was peeing down of rain

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Musos tend to be more interesting people than Hollywood actors.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
I met Anthony Hopkins (Pre 'Hannibal Lecter') back in the 70's in Snowdonia.
Needless to say, being Wales, it was peeing down of rain

I love Anthony Hopkins. I wish I could have met him. So you saw him in Wales huh? Is that where you're from? My Grandmother's maiden name was Jones and they were welsh.

EDIT: I saw Tom Jones in Vegas. I'd go anywhere to see him again. When I was younger and he was too, he was the hunkiest man I'd ever seen.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I met Bill Cosby when he came and did a show. I have a pic of me with him but no scanner.

Your lucky meeting Eastwood, one of my favorite actors.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I met Steve Martin in Seattle, by accident. I literally walked right into him because I was busy staring at some chick across the street. I turned to him to apologize, realized who it was, said "Oh crap! Are you...um..." He gave me an irritated nod. I said "Okay, I'd just like to shake your hand." He shook my hand, I thanked him, then I continued on my way. He never even spoke.

Let's see... who else... oh!

I got to have dinner with They Might Be Giants' John Linnel and John Flansburgh. They were having a concert in Austin at Liberty Lunch, and afterward they said they were going to go to Magnolia Cafe (a place I was quite familiar with) after the show, and whomever wanted to join them, could. I got there first, reserved a big table for them, which turned out to be a good idea cause the place was packed before they got there. So they sat at "my" table, and invited me to dine with them. That was probably the most buddy-buddy I've ever gotten with a famous person that I knew, at the time, was famous.

If anyone here is familiar with Information Society, I used to hang out with Kurt Harland a lot back in high school. He was the best friend of one of my friends, and apparently he had already produced some hits, and my friend always seemed in awe of this guy. However, all I knew about him was he was "in some band". Since just about everyone I knew was "in a band", this carried no water. All I knew was that he was into the same scene as I was at the time, and a friend of my friend is okay in my book.

Oh, and George Zimmerman, the president of Men's Warehouse... he was a client of my Dad's company way back about 15-20 years ago, and I met him. I was still a wee lad at the time, but can remember not liking him. Neither did my dad. Can't remember why though...

Anyway, those are the people I've met who have any national fame attached to them.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
When I was little and we were living in California (where I was born) we were watching that movie The Graduate with Dustin Hoffman before he was known.

My brother asked ask Dustin what the name of the movie was to be called and then my brother asked him his name. My brother said, "Hmmm I've never heard of you."

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I use to run a zine in my younger years so I interviewed a lot of musicians mostly from goth and industial bands. I suppose the most well known I've met is Robert Smith and the boys from The Cure via 97'.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well, I didn't come equipped with pictures but I met and spent some time with Navy SEAL/Author Richard Marcinko. Fascinating day that was. Probably why I have zero mercy for terrorists.

In my paper-boy days I had two famous customers. One was just getting famous at the time, Michael J. Fox (went to my school a few years before me). The other was not famous at the time, Pam Anderson.

The only other star was when I was in the 5th Grade. (different city). One of the ladies that worked in the school had a famous son who was in a little known scifi movie that I actually saw on the big screen. The movie was Battlestar Galactica (yes, it was a movie like Star Wars) and the son was Dirk Benedict who played Starbuck and later went on to the A-Team. She brought him to the school one day.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Lemme see? Famous People.

Ok I once had Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan walk right in front of me in the airport in Chicago. This was in the Mid 90's when the Bulls where the best team in Basketball. I was starstruck to say the least, I idolized Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen.

I also met Oscar de La Hoya earlier this year here in Puerto Rico. He was a very nice guy and he talked to me for a bit, it was such a thrill for me being as I have been following Boxing and his career since he began.

I also met Benicio del Toro once here in PR also, he was at one of the local shopping centers with his parents. I said hi to him and told him how much I liked his movies. He was really great and talked to everyone that approached him.

Im pretty sure I've met a couple more but can't recall right now...

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I rememberd this morning I met Emril Lagasse at a book signing two years ago. Friendly guy, even though I talked to him for 16 seconds.

Cosby was great. Very open and friendly guy to everyone who was there.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I met Bruce "Ash" Campbell during a book signing at Barnes & Noble when I worked there. Got his autobigraphy and my directors cut of Army of Darkness signed by him. He was kinda agro though, but still cool...

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenophile
I love Anthony Hopkins. I wish I could have met him. So you saw him in Wales huh? Is that where you're from? My Grandmother's maiden name was Jones and they were welsh.

I believe he's still involved with the Snowdonia National Park (He donated $1 million to its upkeep).

No - Although I love Wales, I was born in England and consider myself British (I have Irish blood too, of course, hence the ) and of course I am the Original Cornish Pixy

Edit due to lack of :w:

[Edited on 19-11-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I forgot - my brother met the Queen of England once. He says she's a lot smaller than she looks on TV.

Plus my ex-wife worked ... actually worked ... for the dreaded Maggie Thatcher and her direct boss was the Illuminatus Lord Carrington

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I've met the original cornish pixy, Pisky over the internet on some forum. We didn't quite chat but he's responded to one of my posts I think. Oh and so has the almighty Simon Gray. Surely they are worthy of being called celebrities.

Hey Pisky do you think that you could sign an online autograph? Sign here so I call sell this signature on Ebay:______________

[Edited on 11/19/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78

Hey Pisky do you think that you could sign an online autograph? Sign here so I call sell this signature on Ebay:______________

Better still, here's a signed packet of Pixy Stix

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ive met the guy who going to be in the new doctor who seris christopher eccleston he was the guy who like wood in gone in 60 seconds. My mates dad is a friend of his from way back. Just goole his name for the image alos ive met a lot of uk comedians and have their autographs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join