It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selfie's at a funeral

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

SLAYER69

alldaylong
The consensus opinion was that you cannot invite an American President to a British high society function.

To be honest, I can't imagine too many Americans caring about British 'high society'

Looking at those photographs of Obama from yesterday, it looks like Americans have" no care" as to whatever and were ever the function may be.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
IT WAS A MEMORIAL, NOT A FUNERAL!!

I know you all hate Obama and will take literally any chance to slag him off but he hasn't really done anything wrong here. The selfie was actually taken by the Dutch prime minister Helle Thorning Schmidt, he just happened to be in it (along with the giant reptile currently in charge of my country) and the mood of the rest of the stadium looked like a celebration of an incredible mans life (which it was) so sitting around all in black with a face like a slapped arse would've been even more inappropriate.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
That's the thing though, isn't it? It wasn't a funeral, it was a celebration of his life.

It would have been completely inappropriate if they were taking selfies graveside, no doubt about it but in the stadium? I honestly don't think it is that disrespectful.

I was more shocked about the fact the stadium emptied way before the proceedings had finished.........

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

stooge247

I know you all hate Obama and will take literally any chance to slag him off but he hasn't really done anything wrong here. The selfie was actually taken by the Dutch prime minister Helle Thorning Schmidt, he just happened to be in it (along with the giant reptile currently in charge of my country) and the mood of the rest of the stadium looked like a celebration of an incredible mans life (which it was) so sitting around all in black with a face like a slapped arse would've been even more inappropriate.

I think the main point here, is that Obama should have been concentrating of what he was in South Africa for, and not pissing about with some woman.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Republicans getting butthurt over this.. Priceless!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

alldaylong
Looking at those photographs of Obama from yesterday, it looks like Americans have" no care" as to whatever and were ever the function may be.

As I stated earlier.

I don't take on his bad behavior as a reflection on me nor my loved and respected ones in my life. Nor would I care what goes on in British 'high society' either. I have real daily issues to deal with that actually matter.

edit on 11-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
What I want to know is.. who gets the selfie?

You don't take a selfie just to put it away. You take them to show the world how duckface you are. "Look at moi look at moi, I'm at Mandelas funeral!!"

So.. is there a version of twitter or facebook that only the elites get to play with? Where presidents and prime ministers are tweeting about how the lobster was atrocious and facebooking pics of servants wearing funny hats?? And all the trolls are lower politicians and lesser countries?

Where anon is just a bunch of islands fed up with being ignored and never given any consideration?

Whats going on. They're taking happy snaps but.. where do they go?

The OVER-NET? sort of a reverse DarkNet?

Who were they taking the photo FOR.. I doubt it's just to go "Oh yeah, hey Michelle, remember that time when I took this? Oh boy you were sure pissed off at me huh!" as he finds the old phone?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I realize facts mean very little to right wing types but it was NOT a funeral. Besides that, I see the the face of a woman that just had to spend an eternity on a plane with the shrubs to me. If you really want to see some presidential looking photos look up dim bulb at the Olympics, or Bush the smarter throwing up on a head of state, oh so presidential. The faux right wing outrage never ends. Too bad they can't see they are a parody of themselves.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

stooge247

I dunno. I tend to think that when you're celebrating the life of someone who has died, you celebrate their life.. not your own.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I`ll repeat what I said last page: At African Funerals you are meant to have a good time...they are NOT Somber. This little factlet seems to be universally ignored by the indignant.

And no, Im not an Obama supporter, quite the contrary.
edit on 11-12-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Skyfloating
I`ll repeat what I said last page: At African Funerals you are meant to have a good time...they are NOT Somber. This little factlet seems to be universally ignored by the indignant.

And no, I am not an Obama supporter, quite the contrary.

Then why weren't the people in front of him acting like asses?
Why the sour puss face on Michelle? She just doesn't know how to have a good time, I guess.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

butcherguy

Why the sour puss face on Michelle? She just doesn't know how to have a good time, I guess.

I neither know nor care why some were smiling and some werent. I am however, VERY concerned that this is being made into some kind of scandal, news-item, cause of worldwide indignation. I am concerned because it shows what hypersensitive nutjobs people have become.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Skyfloating

butcherguy

I neither know nor care why some were smiling and some werent. I am however, VERY concerned that this is being made into some kind of scandal, news-item, cause of worldwide indignation. I am concerned because it shows what hypersensitive nutjobs people have become.

Why are you so concerned?
You really care if someone you don't know is a 'hypersensitive nutjob'?
Does it scare you?
ETA: Not smiling... Acting like an ass.
edit on 11-12-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

butcherguy

You really care

Do I care when so many people waste their precious time and mind on the vastly insignificant? Sure. The problems with this topic are numerous...its tabloid-ish as in gawking-at-celebrities-tabloidish, it distracts attention from real problems within Obamas reign, it is based on the ignorant view that African Funerals are somber, it is used as cannon fodder by wingnut partisans who are repeating ad nauseum "look at what republicans get butthurt over"...need I go on? I wont.

Enjoy your "scandal".

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Obama must be doing something good if this is all they can talk about... im seriously "WTF'ing" lol.

Also the fact Obama didn't take the selfies, this is not a actual funeral, but a social congregation.

*shakes head*

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Do I care when so many people waste their precious time and mind on the vastly insignificant? Sure.

Why?
You do realize that you are the one wasting precious time, don't you?
You are exhorting people (people that you don't know and otherwise would have zero effect on your life) that obviously do have feelings about the subject.... not to care.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

butcherguy

You do realize that you are the one wasting precious time, don't you?

I dont consider telling people "Funerals in Africa are meant to be fun" to be a waste of time, because it brings some light to ignorance. But I would consider it a waste of time to remain in this thread beyond this statement.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by myartisstrong

Take a good look at your government America, this is the icon that is representing America. I never liked the terrorist Mandela, so it's really a moot point for me. What is annoying me is the fact a head of state acts like a fourteen year old girl taking selfies at the most inappropriate time. If you're going to a funeral, doesn't matter who, at least act like you have some sort of decency and class.

But honestly, this is what I expect of the U.S. government. It spies on it's citizens without warrant. Breaks into homes (no knock warrants), arrests people for jokes they make, I mean the list is endless. It's time for a real shake up, but I don't know how that would happen. Everyone in politics today are stuck like a fat tick sucking blood from an innocent host and won't let go.

Flags are past being flown upside down in distress. They're buried as America is dead.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by myartisstrong

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

SLAYER69
President Clinton Has sex with a homely intern and becomes a folk hero. Obama flirts with a powerful hot mature blonde and is an embarrassment.

I get this right?

No, not right.

Clinton did his deed in an appropriate place (sort of) - behind closed doors. Bill knew she couldn't keep her mouth shut (see what I did there?) - so why he thought she'd keep quiet about what they did is beyond me.

What would have made Bill a folk hero is if he had immediately admitted to what he had done instead of lying about it. It's not like Hillary was really mad about it - they didn't get divorced, and it wasn't like she was servicing her president.

Obama, just disgraced America at the Mandella memorial. There were a number of things he could have done - but he chose to play the fool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join