It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we are not ready.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: spazze
I am just speaking out of pure knowledge and understanding from the et's.
And when you spend time with them you understand how they mean when they speak of oneness and love.

Like several have stated before, we are not there.

Which ETs would they be?

Or are they some disembodied / spiritual beings?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

That is not the topic here Tanka. The topic is Why are we not ready.
Not about alien beings who and what they are.
Thanks!

I mean its kind of on topic, but will only serve to derail the topic at hand here. Of what reasons on Earth, that would make others assume why we are not ready for contact, or Mainstream Status Quo knowledge there other other "beings" Not what or who, but in general, and why we are not told about who or what ever they are.

Plenty of other threads to debate who and what they are.
Feel free to add any comments that relate to why you think we are either ready, or not ready as you did 1 page back.

edit on 23514572585 by zysin5 because: spelling edit

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Got it fixed.
edit on 24-8-2014 by spazze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

I see...

So metaphysically speaking; of which "ready" are you attempting to refer to?

Contact with Extraterrestrials?

or

Ascension?

If the first; then absolutely you are ready for direct contact...

ETA: You need to understand that the progress of science and technology is going to be the determining factor in any question of whether you are ready for ET contact. Once you reach a "critical" point in technology; it becomes increasingly paramount that ET contact you. For the safety and security of their home world.

Earth reached that point...

You now have the knowledge, and technological components t build starships...it is in ET's best interest to make direct contact.

if the latter: No, not for many, many, millennia!

Although the reasons for not being ready are not the "failings" (as you seem to see then) themselves, but rather the recognition of their respective places in ones being and character.

And of course you need to first answer the important question: "what 'ready' are you talking about?"

edit on 24-8-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Some of us are ready, the enlightened ones.
We are like babies/toddlers compared to ET's
Most of us need supervision, to be taken care of, to be loved or we will do stupid things
When given power most of us will misuse it, use it for selfish reasons
Our understanding is also on the babies level

So we can't talk like/understand adults when we still have a lot of growing up to do

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

Thanks for that input Tanka! That is what I was hoping to hear and have put into this thread!
As far as contact, I think we have already had contact. But we as the everyday people are told we are alone, nothing else out there. That as I said, does not set well with me. I want the Status Quo to admit to everyone we are not alone, and make that knowledge as mainstream as "the Earth is a sphere" or close to a sphere, its more oblong due to gravity at some points but yeah you get the picture. As the status Quo at one time, said, the Earth is Flat.

We are ready to know we are not alone. I agree 100% we are ready for that much.

Now as far as Ascension goes. Hmmm that would be a whole other can of worms. We have a LONG LONG ways to go before we even consider that. Death itself is a form of Ascension I think. We either move on, or we come back.
But that is purely my own feelings on that subject.

Thanks for the awesome input!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoonBunny

Some of us are ready, the enlightened ones.
We are like babies/toddlers compared to ET's
Most of us need supervision, to be taken care of, to be loved or we will do stupid things
When given power most of us will misuse it, use it for selfish reasons
Our understanding is also on the babies level

So we can't talk like/understand adults when we still have a lot of growing up to do

*Holds smoking pipe to my lips, Indeed, indeed.*

You to can see what child like creatures we are here on Earth right now. Some of us have this spark in us, that allows us to see past that. Yet it is not something that makes us any better than anyone else, or puts us on a high horse.
We just have this intuition about such things. And allows us access to that "higher" information or thought patterns.
I feel your post was spot on! Thanks for the input, and adding your likeness to this thread!

Threads like these are needed to understand that some are ready, some are not ready.
People are smart, and use critical thinking. Groups of people are slightly different, they begin to act and think differently when grouped in masses. Thus us as a group of creatures are not ready.
WE are either ready as a whole, or must suffer as we are only as strong as our weakest and most ignorant thinking minds upon this Earth. While we can not change their minds, or force our feelings upon them. They have to grow into this. And may not happen in their lifetime. Maybe one of their children will break the link, and understand more than the parent. I managed to step outside the box of how I was raised. I did not allow my parents thoughts and belief systems to become my own. I made up my own mind, and live my own life, outside their influence. We all have that power from within.. To Change. Easier said than done.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us

Bill Watterson

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Let us pretend for a moment here.

Alien beings came to Earth. They are Bipeds, however their skin is Red. They have horns and their bottom half are that of a goat. 1 out of billions of types.. )Insert own alien type here)

They are a peaceful people. They simply came looking for trade, and blend in with our society, have children with us, and Share this thing we call LOVE. As they also share the same chemical reactions as humans do via love.

To us humans, we have this idea already of anything with Red skin, and horns! We have myths and backgrounds for creatures like this. Our human mind set and stores, will prejudge anything outside our own "normal".

Ask yourself honestly. How would others treat these beings on Planet Earth right now.

You you let your Son/Daughter have a child with such a being. Would you allow them into your home.
Would you judge them based on their actions, and not the outer appearance of their bodies.

Just on Planet Earth.

Xenophobia is the unreasoned fear of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange.[1][2] It comes from the Greek words ξένος (xenos), meaning "strange", "foreigner", and φόβος (phobos), meaning "fear".[3] Xenophobia can manifest itself in many ways involving the relations and perceptions of an ingroup towards an outgroup, including a fear of losing identity, suspicion of its activities, aggression, and desire to eliminate its presence to secure a presumed purity.[4] Xenophobia can also be exhibited in the form of an "uncritical exaltation of another culture" in which a culture is ascribed "an unreal, stereotyped and exotic quality".[5] Vienna Declaration and Programme of Action urges all governments to take immediate measures and to develop strong policies to prevent and combat all forms and manifestations of racism, xenophobia or related intolerance, where necessary by enactment of appropriate legislation including penal measure.[6]

Xenophobia Is another Big reason why we are not ready.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: zysin5
Let us pretend for a moment here.

Alien beings came to Earth. They are Bipeds, however their skin is Red. They have horns and their bottom half are that of a goat. 1 out of billions of types.. )Insert own alien type here)

Funny...you are aware that such a creature can not exist. As it turns out, a Gat is a four legged animal, so...IF your being had the lower half of a Goat; he to would be a four legged animal. The structures of the Goat Pelvis / hips is very different, and won't allow the Goat to stand upright. If his hips evolved to where he could, your "Goat-man" would look like a man.

As for your actual question; what difference does appearance make? It has never been about what something someone "looks" like, but abut the intrinsic qualities of the being / object. To think ay other way is illogical.

By-the-way, the most common "type" for space-faring beings is Humanoid, and nearly Human looking too. Many, though not all can cross with terrestrials. A few are indistinguishable from Terrestrials. Of the most advanced species visiting; none are very advanced (decades to a couple hundred years).

And, again; the question of whether Terrestrials are ready is moot. When your science and technology advanced to the point that you can travel to the stars...you became ready!

edit on 30-8-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

Funny...you are aware that such a creature can not exist. As it turns out, a Gat is a four legged animal, so...IF your being had the lower half of a Goat; he to would be a four legged animal. The structures of the Goat Pelvis / hips is very different, and won't allow the Goat to stand upright. If his hips evolved to where he could, your "Goat-man" would look like a man.

As for your actual question; what difference does appearance make? It has never been about what something someone "looks" like, but abut the intrinsic qualities of the being / object. To think ay other way is illogical.

And, again; the question of whether Terrestrials are ready is moot. When your science and technology advanced to the point that you can travel to the stars...you became ready!

By Gat you mean goat right? And you are telling me they have 4 legs!!!! Whew, thanks for the news brief.. lol

What about this guy here? The Tiefling

Maybe my description was off, as when I said goat, I mean the lower half of the body being goat legs like our friends the Draenei! The whole point to say goat and Horns, is people in this world, would say.. Its a DEMON or some kind of EVIL being. As humans, via hollywood we have been programed to think things with horns are evil. See where I was going with this?

Humanoid type class.. Biped, just means 2 arms, body 2 legs, walks upright, like humanoid.
Lets not for get, I was using this as 1 instance. Not even touching on beings with hideous forms that get into the insect realm. People would not react well to those beings.

What difference does appearance mean? You kidding right? Appearance would a huge factor to most people on this Earth. People freak out on other people, and are fashion police..lol Appearance has ALOT to do with how ready we are.
AS my pretend creature does have a foot hold in myth. Satyr

Many other races from out there, are straight from myths and legends I think in one way or another. And people DO react to their outwards appearance sorry that is a fact you will have to understand.

And just because we hold such advances in science, like being able to manipulate DNA, and go into outer space does not qualify for a race to be ready or not. All that simply does is test to see if we will use it to better our race, or help destroy it.
And it seems we are doing a really good job and making all this tech stuff we got to pretty bad use. WE have killed and murdered millions in the name of this technology. We have saved some lives with it too, indeed. There have been some good uses. But over all the military steps in and wants to create these things into weapons.
I do not see how its a moot point.
As you are saying because we have the "tech" that makes us ready.
Ready to use it, ready to take it to the next level.

But the Status quo states. We are alone. That point still stands.. why?
edit on 24114580185 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
We are not "ready" because as a body of flesh we are weak and buried with man made burdens to the point that not many of us even have time to put the human race into a galactic perspective. Who thinks about such things on a daily basis? Not many.

But would not "disclosure" or " contact" if only for a preliminary run, get peoples minds in order, for the whole world to know and have hope for a future? Seems a much quicker and sure fire way to get results.....Just show up and stop hiding behind the curtain. It would be sure to get the attention of the living zombies.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

As a collective species, I believe you are correct, we are not only NOT ready, we don't even yet, as a species, deserve an audience. Not by a long shot.

I do however, firmly believe that some individuals are not only quite ready, but have already established contact. No, I do not claim to be among those few, at least not to my conscious awareness.

I agree with your basic premise as well: that Homo Sapiens will not be invited to join the cosmic community until we can prove to self-persevere as a species. In other words, until we stop killing each other and destroying our own home world.

Quite simply, we are much too primitive, selfish, narcissistic, destructive, ignorant, belligerent, dishonest, and disrespectful to be awarded this privilege. We are too young, too immature on the evolutionary scale. It's like asking protozoa if they are ready to open institutions of higher learning. They are not. Nor are we...

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say we are anywhere from several generations to several hundred years from such an advance -as a species (if it occurs at all). There are just too many problems - warfare, genocide, environmental degradation, abuse of resources, etc. that we have brought upon ourselves. We need to 'fix' a whole lot of that first - it's going to take a while.

In fact, we may not manage it at all. The end game is approaching. If permitted some more speculation, I would assume that we are being observed for the most part, with a hands-off policy to see if we save ourselves from our own self-annihilation. It's too soon to tell if we're going to make it. We may not. This spectacular blue-green jewel of planet may then no longer be ours.

An invitation is extended only to those that earn it. And we haven't come anywhere close to earning it...

Many of us know what is required, or at least think we have a pretty good idea - but there are still too few of us. Will the multitudes of misfits prevail? Only time will tell, my friends...

In the meantime, we can only hope, live our own lives as altruistically and proactively as possible, encourage others to do the same, and wait.

I hope to see you all on the other side...

edit on 8/31/2014 by Outrageo because: "Hope", by itself, is a poor strategy for success...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: zysin5
Many other races from out there, are straight from myths and legends I think in one way or another. And people DO react to their outwards appearance sorry that is a fact you will have to understand.

And just because we hold such advances in science, like being able to manipulate DNA, and go into outer space does not qualify for a race to be ready or not. All that simply does is test to see if we will use it to better our race, or help destroy it.

Are you 7 yo? I don't think you are 7...So why do you think about ET, and all thing "off-world" like a small child?

When a species gains the science and technology to travel to other stars, the rules change dramatically. Not unlike the StarTrek thing about being a "warp society", attaining the ability to travel to other stars is rather significant. Terrestrial Humans have had that science and technology for something over 15 years now.

Heim - Lorentz drive

Long story sort; You have the ability to reach ET's home world. It has become important for ET to get to know you. It has become time for all of y'all to acknowledge and accept the FACT that you are not alone, and that contact is currently necessary for the continued evolution of not just your species, but all.

And it seems we are doing a really good job and making all this tech stuff we got to pretty bad use. WE have killed and murdered millions in the name of this technology. We have saved some lives with it too, indeed. There have been some good uses. But over all the military steps in and wants to create these things into weapons.
I do not see how its a moot point.
As you are saying because we have the "tech" that makes us ready.
Ready to use it, ready to take it to the next level.

But the Status quo states. We are alone. That point still stands.. why?

Actually, you haven't killed and murdered in the name f your technology. Much of the technology you enjoy today is not the result of conflict and war; it is the result of trying to leave your planet.

And, as for technology taking or saving lives; it has save far more than have been killed, technology has improved the lives of most of the people of Earth, and will continue to do so.

And, yes the military uses the very same technology t build better ways of killing...you may need this several times as you enter the stellar community...for defense.

You need to understand that ALL of the issues you want to call a reason you are not ready are experienced by ET too. The wars, inhumanity, cruelty, hate, etc. are experienced by all creatures, Terrestrials are not special in any way in this. You should also understand that every single space faring species is their home world's Apex Predator. That Zeta Reticulan over there...makes war, has prejudices, and in fully capable of behaving just like a Terrestrial...he is in fact an Apex Predator, and is a very dangerous fellow...just like you.

And, YES; simply because you have the tech to reach Procyon (a near by star), you are ready for open contact and involvement in the stellar community. It is always far better to enter something early, when there are no misunderstandings, and developed issues. When others may be known in a more peaceful manner than wait and risk confrontation.

It should be understood that Extraterrestrials are not some superior beings, even IF you did at one time worship them as Gods. Indeed, Extraterrestrials are no different than Terrestrial Humans...in that; they are just people living on some god forsaken rock in the "back water" of the Galaxy, trying to get by from day to day.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outrageo

As a collective species, I believe you are correct, we are not only NOT ready, we don't even yet, as a species, deserve an audience. Not by a long shot.

I hope to see you all on the other side...

Such a beautiful post
I thank you for your personal input here. We seem to share many of the same ideas and have come to such conclusions on our own. Through our own means of study and research, many people like you and I, who have never met in person all feel very much the same about this topic. That speaks to me!
I to shall see you on the other side.

Great photo too! I am part of the second wave. Yet I do not speak to much about it, nor do I like to claim anything in public. Or self proclaim. Yet I fit in all of the parameters of that topic. I am guessing you do as well.

You write very well! One of the best posts in this thread yet.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join