It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Adults and Four Children End Up Missing While Playing in Snow.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Nowyouseeme
reply to post by MmmPie

Nah, going out to the mountains and woods and having a good time is awesome. But don't act like a moron when you have kids with you, that's all I'm saying.

Having a crazy time on a mountain and kids don't mix...with kids who are too young to take care of themselves (14 IMO) you play it safe and chill and go local, go small, have a good time and come home. If you are a bunch of adults then do your donuts and wander around in the snow and you'll be fine.

I was 6 years old when I started sledding down mountains in Kentucky.

It was a lot of fun, and I was fine.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am really surprised by the auto-replies in this thread.

What a bunch of police state supporters.

The guy's wrangler tipped over an embankment and he used the tires off the vehicle to start fires. Basically the dude had some mad survival skills that saved all their lives.

The accident appears to not be related in any way to negligence yet of course the first thing everyone screams is for nanny Sam to come and take the kids away and charge the parents.

Accidents happen in life. You can't lock the whole world away in a prison cell every time someone makes a mistake.

For shame.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

When I was 6 my parents let me stick my finger in light sockets because they were too busy and neglecting me...haha. Not saying to lock yourself away, I'm all for adventure and go hiking and to the river 6-7 times a year. Just saying.

I used to live in Truckee California, and trinity canyon was about 2 hours away, the Donner Pass (yeah that pass) was about 20 minutes away. There's a big difference between rolling around on a mountain in Kentucky and doing donuts at what amounts to off roading on a glacier near pyramid lake.

Guess dude knew what he was doing as far as keeping them alive, so respect...but dude could have just gone to Truckee and played in the snow and then went to IHOP or something with the kids.

edit on 10-12-2013 by Nowyouseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Respect for this guy. Good job. Hope I would have done that good. I was a negative Nancy. Thought they were goners!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join