It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Adults and Four Children End Up Missing While Playing in Snow.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Two adults and four children are now missing in Nevada after going out in terrible weather to play in the snow. Unreal!!! Do these people not think or try to plan ahead? Why risk not only your lives but the lives of children as well??? Couldn't they play in the snow in their f'n front yard? Why go to a mountain range?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

This is sad when people don't realize the danger they put themselves in along with these precious children. I hope they are found alive and if they aren't I hope they passed quickly.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

VoidWalker

This is sad when people don't realize the danger they put themselves in along with these precious children. I hope they are found alive and if they aren't I hope they passed quickly.

freezing to death under those conditions was not quick , and if they are alive the parents should be charged with child endangerment.They sound utterly ignorant or simply mad.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I live in the snow half the year. If you go out in the woods, make sure someone knows abouts where you are in case something happens. Don't be walking way out in the boondocks. Common sense should always be observed when outside in the winter.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hopefully they went out with the proper gear to begin with and are found soon cold and hungry.
There is a fair chance of that. People really do need to pay attention to their surroundings though, including the weather.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dellmonty

I am just hoping for the best and yes I agree if found alive those people need to face serious consequences for their lack of thought and judgment as a guardian.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Not to sound like a negative Ned but its not going to turn out OK. The conditions were terrible.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
How sad. Not only did these 2 people bring their own kids, they also brought their niece and nephew...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

NowanKenubi
How sad. Not only did these 2 people bring their own kids, they also brought their niece and nephew...

Some people just don't think. When my son Tank and I play in the snow, we play....IN THE YARD........not on a mountain!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

where was the common sense of these two families.....you don't go if bad weather is coming (sounds like it started when they left)....what the heck was the thought process that went into planning of this trip to the snow....

story has been updated..all found alive and in fairly good shape...turned out okay this time...hopefully they qwon't be so stupid in the future.
edit on 10-12-2013 by research100 because: add sentence

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Your source

(CNN) -- [Breaking news update at 3:11 p.m. Tuesday] Rescuers have located two adults and four children who have been missing since they went to play in the snow Sunday in a mountainous area in northwest Nevada. They were found safe and in fairly good condition, according to the Pershing County Sheriff's Office.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

research100

where was the common sense of these two families.....you don't go if bad weather is coming (sounds like it started when they left)....what the heck was the thought process that went into planning of this trip to the snow....

I just hope no foul play was involved.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Finally, some good news....that being said a report states they were last seen at a mining camp doing wheelies/donuts in their jeep before heading out into the wild.

So now that they have been found safe let me be the first one to say it, "TAKE MORE CARE WHEN YOU HAVE CHILDREN IN TOW YOU DUMB*SSES!!!"

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
When I read these sorts of stories.. I find myself less and less opposed to eugenics...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Wait...wait...wait...

People are not supposed to take their family out in the snow for a fun time, and if they do they should have their children taken away and charged with some bull# child endangerment charge? Accidents happen all the time, unfortunate as they may be.

The dumbest part of this story is reading the comments at ATS, God forbid anyone enjoy themselves in the snow with some kids. The wussification of America is real apparently.

Bunch of city slickers in here, how's life treating you while your chained to TV and smart phones?

My family and I would spend every winter driving up the mountain to mess around in the snow and feed the deer that lived there.
edit on 10-12-2013 by MmmPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

MmmPie
Wait...wait...wait...

People are not supposed to take their family out in the snow for a fun time, and if they do they should have their children taken away and charged with some bull# child endangerment charge? Accidents happen all the time, unfortunate as they may be.

The dumbest part of this story is reading the comments at ATS, God forbid anyone enjoy themselves in the snow with some kids. The wussification of America is real apparently.

Bunch of city slickers in here, how's life treating you while your chained to TV and smart phones?

My family and I would spend every winter driving up the mountain to mess around in the snow and feed the deer that lived there.

Uhm.. it was pretty obvious they didnt now what they were doing ....they got lost. In snow. Maybe getting lost in snow is normal to you, but to most of us, we are used to the outdoors and dont typically get our ass kicked by snow.. especially with other peoples kids in tow.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

MmmPie

Finally, someone with sense.

Some of the posts on this site are starting to scare me.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This was a major story in my town.

Lost family found

So glad they were found. And in relatively good health. It's been super cold here, like a lot of other parts of the country.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

Agreed! I grew up in California, lived there most of my life until 5 months ago. Going to the mountains was the ONLY way to play in the snow. Snow in the yard? Whats that? Snow was a novelty and every one went to the mountains if they wanted to play in it. None of us knew we didn't know what we were doing. I didn't know I didn't know what I was doing until moving to Montana and being teased mercilessly by my husband who grew up in the north east. I just did things the way my family and my friends families did things. We would be freezing and soaking wet on the way home and it was miserable, but it was sure worth it to get to do and see something you only saw once every couple of years.

Edit to say, the first time it Snowed this year, I was asking my husband why they hadn't plowed the roads yet. He laughed at me and said it wasn't bad enough to plow yet. In California, it would have been plowed well before it had gotten to the point that it was.
edit on 10-12-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

Nah, going out to the mountains and woods and having a good time is awesome. But don't act like a moron when you have kids with you, that's all I'm saying.

Having a crazy time on a mountain and kids don't mix...with kids who are too young to take care of themselves (14 IMO) you play it safe and chill and go local, go small, have a good time and come home. If you are a bunch of adults then do your donuts and wander around in the snow and you'll be fine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join