It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough. Time for Mushroom fields?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by Kollapse
You guys are not that educated, right? And I bet you are religous too?

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Kollapse]

I was being sarcastic, if you hadn't noticed.

Surf

Not refering to you, is that not obvious?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well, I'm guessing "our ignat arses" will be quite alright if our enemies show the same intelligence that arni_rama is letting out.

Not to start a flame session over something long dead (intentional pun) JFK was not all that great of an American president.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
And what if it were Toronto that was hit by a nuke?

Well, Iam sure that Canada wouldn't round up its fleet of aging "Sea Kings" and half-assed submarines and go on a nuke missle crazy-happy launch feast. You KNOW that our government would put together a coalition of the largest allied forces in the history of the world and fight terror TOGETHER... Not just this "Lone Ranger" type thing you got going on in Iraq.

I dont think we even have nukes... So thats out of the question.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardCore American

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
Our government (Canada) might be forced (By your own stupid actions) to join China, Russia, Brazil, and India (Which if you think about it, would work strategically pretty well) and wipe your arrogant asses (assuming you just nuked for reasons I don�t understand) off the earth...... You get where I�m going.

Dude, don't even think for a sec you speak for the majority of Canadians when you make a statement like the above!

'Dude'... if the USA did what these guys are talking about (Just going out and starting to nuke the middle east for threatening), you need to give your head a shake if you would support them.

Maybe you should move below the 49th...

Like I said before, they made a mistake in Iraq. The world can and is living with that. But if they made a mistake on the nuclear scale then many things would change, maybe even your opinion.

P.S. I support the USA to this point, but I hope your government doesn't think like some of the american members here.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
You people need to stop with the Nuke sh*t..........America feeds its people fear and as the Great yoda says "Fear Leads to hate and hate leads to suffering". SO JUST LET IT GO STOP BEING SO F*CKING BLIND AND REALIZE THAT WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND WE ALL DESERVE A CHANCE TO LIVE.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What if London suddenly got vaporized? How about Munich? What would be the reaction? Let�s not forget Paris or Moscow.

To be honest I think Paris or Moscow are in more danger that New York, due to intense issues both their parent countries are facing with Muslim populations.

Let�s face it. If a nuke goes off ANYWHERE in the western world then the Arab world, for all intents and purposes, will cease to exist.

This is not arrogance; it�s simply the only option we will have as a society. We can�t pinpoint these fanatics because the governments over there are playing a dangerous shell game and hiding them. So we�ll simply eliminate the source of the problem and destroy the Arab world once and for all.

Bush is desperately trying to apply force in the region because that seems to be the only thing Arab men (and thus Arab governments) understand. He is doing this as part of a larger conventional war against some seriously corrupt governments.

His staff understands something people on this thread seem to miss: That a successful WMD attack on the west will lead to genocide against the Arabs. Believe it or not, he is trying to avoid this by directly confronting the issues instead of waiting for things to come to a much nastier and uncontrollable state. Kerry was dangerous because he would have sat back and then had no choice on his reaction once the nukes started to detonate.

(Technically, Arabs and Persians. I don�t want to offend any Iranian�s reading this�as they will tell you in no uncertain terms they do NOT consider themselves Arab�and rightly so).

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by Chieftian Chaos
It does sound like cold blooded murder...but I'm all for it. We have terrorists around the world talking badass to the United States...the most powerful country in the world...and we just stand back and say "whatever". Granted I have no real care for the Middle East...I could really care less if it was wiped out from the face of the Earth.

I am all for you too. Eye for eye, except that would make us all blind according to Gandhi, but who cares?

Americans are clearly more important than anyone else.

How much I love people like you? There is no limit.

Surf

do you ever learn from history? americans are more important than who? the rest of the world? you should think again about this..

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Dear Kollapse,

Do you intend at any point in this discussion to add anything meaningful, or were you just going to reiterate how stupid you think people who are not you are?

What would you propose we do to confront the problem of terrorism? Do you believe there is a problem? Why is everyone stupid? What makes you less stupid than them? Cite examples to support your argument...

[edit on 19-11-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The point everyone needs to remember is if even 1 nuke happens here in the states none of you can say where it will end. Murphys law applies here. If it can happen it will. Once a nuke goes off there is no turning back. Japan couldn't strike back. Too many others can now.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
We don't do anything ... execpt keep whoopin that ass ...

A5H

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hmmmm, do the few among you who are like, 'OmG nUkE teH tErr0ristS loLz', actually have any education what so ever?
It seems like one of the most idiotic statements to come out of this board yet.
Yeah, why not go and blow up every 'non-western' muslim country. Destroy their holy sites. All that would happen is you would have basically the whole world against you. Thousands more 'holy warriors'.
I guarantee america would loose. Don't give me any crap about 'military strength'. Your army is a joke. Your navy is a joke. And your airforce is a joke. The only reason you win is because of the sheer volume of troops (That are just tret as commodoties. So what if they die, you have millions more). They aren't well trained or elite. They are just guys with guns. If say you took on the UK with the same amount of troops, you would be absolutely devostated.
Anyway, idiotic statement.

Regards,
Ash

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Its nearly 3am as I write this, and it hasn't been the best of days so I appologise if this sounds a little cynical...but do you ever wonder if there will ever be a day when all people stand united?

When I was a teenager, my dad told me that there would never be world peace because the human psyche is not programmed that way. Back then I thought he was just being negative. But the older I get, and the more I see the way people are (and I'm not singling anyone out here...I mean people generally), I can understand where he was coming from.

I used to think that it was our differences that made us stronger...but now I also think that its our differences that will ultimately be our downfall as a race. Think of it this way. The only way there will ever be peace is if there is only one religion (or no religion), one social class, one standard of living and one system of morals. We would all have to give up our individuality and that will never happen. I abhorr war and violence...but (and there is always a but)...when it comes down to it...if my family were in danger...or my country under attack...could I bring myself to take a life to defend that which is most important to me? The answer is most probbably yes. Like any other animal (and I don't mean animal in a derogatory way), when backed into a corner, we will do whatever we can to defend ourselves. We are also slaves to our emotions. On one hand, we can love and feel empathy for others...but we can also feel fear and distrust of things we don't understand. We feel jealousy when others have more than us and disgust and horror when another persons ideals conflict with our own.

So, it is quite possible that, one day, someone with access to nuclear weapons who feels threatened by our (western) ideals, and jealous of what we have, will do what they think they have to do. Then, because it is our nature to defend what we love, we will retaliate.

And then it wont matter anymore because there will be nothing left.

Until then we just have to hope that our fear of annihilation is stronger than our fear of each other.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice
Arab world, for all intents and purposes, will cease to exist.

If The Arab world gets destroyed what makes you think that the Western world wont be destroyed. You keep forgetting that the US is not the only country with enough Nukes to destroy the entire planet.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

What would you propose we do to confront the problem of terrorism? Do you believe there is a problem? Why is everyone stupid? What makes you less stupid than them? Cite examples to support your argument...

Nuking people is stupid, people that suggest nukes are stupid.
I dont know what makes me less stupid than those people, I guess it is genetics and enviroment?

I suggest the western world to stop exploit the third world, than they will have a chance to improve there societies and fundamentalism will not have any chance to capture the hearts of the people. Its that easy according to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
Time to just do what needs to be done. Don't ever threaten a giant, for he will one dat get up and retalliate.

Explain how thermonuclear strikes on the middle east prevent current and future attacks.

chuck stevenson
Kill absolutely every human being in those countries

Wretched, putrid, and disgusting. Not to mention it isn't possible and would never work.

cheiftain chaos
I'm all for [cold blooded murder]

And genocide too eh?

Even though it sounds like cold-blooded murder, we will be safer in the end.

We would be monsters deserving of annhiliation and wouldn't have accomplished anythign. Nuking every major city in the middle east is meaningless. The middle east has large cities, but the people working as terrorists aren't city dwellers, and certainly aren't there now.

surfup
Americans are clearly more important than anyone else.

Well, yeah, isn't it obvious? Americans are more important to americans than anyone else. And brits are and should be more important to britishers than anyone else. And iranians are and should be more important to iranians than anyone else.

rani arna
you had for god damn un known reason get into Saudi arabia,

Uhm, the united states is in Saudi Arabia at the request and permission of the saudi royal family and government.

and fight a country, iraq, which u dont have to do anything with it

Iraq was the enemy of the united states, it made itself so. Therefore, being its enemy, it has everything to do with it. The US has every right in the world to invade, destroy, and occupy a country that is openly its enemy.

Why didnt US go and bomb israel for the nukes it

Why would the US destroy israel for having the nukes that it gave them? Also, what do you think the chances are that the isreali government is going ot allow terrorists to train inside of it and attack the US? And what are the chances that iraq was doing that?

Things were fine back then with JFK, a person i respect alot

You mean the guy who risked global thermonuclear war over cuba, a country that 'the US has nothing to do with' and who escalated US involvement in Vietnam, another country it had nothing to do with?

EVERY SUPER POWER SINCE THE BEGINING OF THE WORLD HAS FALLEN WHEN THEY BECAME AN IMPIRE.

Every nation in the world has fallen. The ones that laster were empires, but thats irrelvant anyway.

mrnice
If a nuke goes off ANYWHERE in the western world then the Arab world, for all intents and purposes, will cease to exist

I agree completely that a nuclear attack requires unconventional repsponses, but not genocide

Technically, Arabs and Persians

Arabs are a semitic population from the red sea area. Persians are an entirely different peoples with a different culture and language. Arabs spread throughout the middle east, but are not a majority in iran. Iranians are not, generally, arabs.

kollapse
I suggest the western world to stop exploit the third world, than they will have a chance to improve there societies and fundamentalism will not have any chance to capture the hearts of the people

And how does the one follow from the other?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

kollapse
I suggest the western world to stop exploit the third world, than they will have a chance to improve there societies and fundamentalism will not have any chance to capture the hearts of the people

And how does the one follow from the other?

Well, Turkey for example is a Muslim country, but not fundamentalist and no suicidebombings, what makes the difference between the more extreme Afghans and the moderate Turks? My guess is that it is better livingconditions in Turkey than in Afghan.
If you grove up in a slum its more likely you turn out to be
a criminal.

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Kollapse]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420

Originally posted by MrNice
Arab world, for all intents and purposes, will cease to exist.

If The Arab world gets destroyed what makes you think that the Western world wont be destroyed. You keep forgetting that the US is not the only country with enough Nukes to destroy the entire planet.

Because the Arab world does not have the ability to destroy the western world. My evidence? That we are using English right now instead of Arabic.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Why would the US destroy israel for having the nukes that it gave them?

US invaded Iraq beacuse of the WMD's US gave them?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I agree completely that a nuclear attack requires unconventional repsponses, but not genocide

I didn't say we would commit genocide. I said the Arab world would cease to exist. I posit that 5-10 Arab cities would be vaporized and that almost all Arab / Persian governments would be forcibly overthrown and replaced with western proxies. That does means millions would die but it�s not genocide.

There would be zero tolerance of any kind of anti-western sentiment in the remaining populace. It would be brutal, draconian, and not something to be proud of�but it would happen.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kollapse

Why would the US destroy israel for having the nukes that it gave them?

US invaded Iraq beacuse of the WMD's US gave them?

Please follow this link for a good synopsis of why we invaded Iraq and why Bush can't talk openly about it. Link

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join