It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WestJet Makes A Very Merry Christmas For Passengers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I just ran across this and had to share. I understand it is marketing and what not... but 'tis the season and I still enjoyed the looks on the kids faces and the adults as well.... but mostly the kids!

Rather than bag fees or lost luggage, over 250 airline passengers at airports in Toronto and Hamilton received a “Christmas miracle” from WestJet.

WestJet, an airline based in Calgary (Canada), first set up a virtual Santa who asked various passengers what they wanted for Christmas via a live video feed. “Ho, ho, ho!” Santa belted out.

He would know each passenger’s name after the boarding passes were scanned at the kiosk, enabling him to surprise children and adults alike.

Some asked for toys, others for clothes, while one couple jokingly asked for a really big flat-screen TV. It was all good fun and resulted in some laughs.

And that was it — or so they thought.

While the passengers’ flights were in the air, 175 WestJet volunteers ran out and frantically gathered the list of gifts the people had asked Santa for. As in, all of them.

The video may give you a warm, mushy feeling inside... it's ok.

www.theblaze.com...

edit on 12/9/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Too Cool! Marketing, yeah...but dang classy marketing!

If WestJet is ever a choice, I'll say yes.

edit on 9-12-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
WestJet likes to do it right. And while this is terrific marketing it certainly warms the heart. Love those kinds of surprises!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The GUT
Marketing, yeah...but dang classy marketing!

I agree! I just like to see people happy when things like this happen. You could tell some of them got things they probably would not have been able to get themselves otherwise and they were grateful for it. I like that too. There's not a lot of things better than seeing someone genuinely appreciative and happy.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
My Christmas wish from WestJet ?

... I want my damn lost luggage back.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

CranialSponge
My Christmas wish from WestJet ?

... I want my damn lost luggage back.

I wonder what they would have done had you been on that flight and asked for that??? It would have been almost epic!

On the other hand I am sorry about your luggage...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is the way things were meant to be all year long not just during the holidays. That being said, it is good that at least some, though most likely for the wrong reasons, decided to do things right. Now if we could just get the rest of the planet to do the same.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'll bet the socks and underwear guy was wishing he'd asked for something else! lol

I wonder if anyone wished for world peace...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

OuttaHere
I'll bet the socks and underwear guy was wishing he'd asked for something else! lol

I wonder if anyone wished for world peace...

I said the same thing to my mom earlier today about the "sock and underwear guy".
I briefly (pun not intended... kind of) wondered if he was really wanting that huge TV the one couple got.

top topics

join