It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical Situation - An Intellectual Exercise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
So let's imagine that after a few years of dedicated part-time work in your cellar, out-building, garage, or even your garden shed, you have finally managed it. You have finally managed to create (or maybe locate) a supply of unlimited free energy. It doesn't matter how you have managed to do it - magnetics, perpetual motion, energy from playing around with water atoms, whatever..... that's irrelevant. The point is - what do you do now?

Let's assume that your finding are 100% certain and you can be in no way mistaken. What are your first thoughts? Being infeasibly, absurdly rich? Making sure your work isn't stolen? Who to contact? That you have probably just changed the course of human history? That your work could completely change the balance of international power? That certain very powerful organisations and governments may well be highly displeased at your findings?

So what do you do?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Millions

So what do you do?

1) tell your family and friends you are mentlly stable and would never consider suicide
2) do not drive for a while so to avoid car accidents
3) have your heart checked for potential heart attacks
4) do not fly in a small Cessna plane
5) contact a hacker and have your stuff ready to go viral over the web, all at once
6) collaborate your finding with other scientists,perhaps at a university
7) then...fill out your patent, coupled with announcing your discovery to the world

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Despite what people tend to think, if you're an outsider, probably the biggest hurdle would be getting anyone to believe you. The first thing you'll want to do is get together the funding for a patent, then consult an attorney and apply for a patent. Once you've covered that base, distribute the plans with a license for non-commercial use and do it as widely and as fast as possible to keep the energy companies from killing you off.
edit on 9-12-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hook it up to the house and disconnect the power of course. Why should I be paying a hundred bucks a month if I do not need to. Then I would invest in baseboard radiators and maybe an electric air conditioner for the two days I need it in the summer. Heck with the rest of the world and trying to protect a patent, I just want to have free heat and electricity for the rest of my life. I wouldn't want to deal with all the stress of trying to convince the people that this is real. I don't want to be worried that the government or industry would kill me...even the workers at the power plants locally would want me to disappear because they would eventually lose their jobs.

Next step, build a device to create a geomagnetic bubble to protect us in case the atmosphere was temporarily blown away. Once I am dreaming might as well make it a good dream

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
First I would share it will all family members who are responsible to harness this, and also able to be hush about it.
Then I would do as another person mentioned and leak the plans to everybody.
That's the unselfish approach

Now for the selfish approach....well don't gamble with folks who have more money than you do.

but if a person be so wise to actually create such said device, then he/she should be wise enough to figure out the complex dilemma of WHAT NEXT.

Its always good to seek out advice though. "SOMETIMES"

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I would increment the technology into something that would fly under the radar. Then after I have patent for that device I would sell a revised version of it to cell phone companies and laptop manufacturers.

Then it would be too late for them to kill me and the technology off. Not to mention at that point the lobbying power of the groups dependent on it would be too great.

Keep in mind though that with free energy would be the demise of many oil countries not to mention the petrodollar peg. The results would cause the collapse of America.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I would tell everyone I know that I am stable and not planning to die. Then I would file patents in several countries and release the patent to the public domain. Next I would put the instructions on multiple torrent networks so that it couldn't be removed from the internet as well as send working models (and instructions to reproduce) to certain media outlets.

After that I would go back to my regular life. Society would advance rapidly on free unlimited energy and my reward would be hopefully living to see that. If the energy companies were to "silence" me, that would be ok too because they wouldn't be able to stop my invention.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Keep it to myself .. the primitives would only suppress it or turn it into a weapon ..

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Millions

So let's imagine that after a few years of dedicated part-time work in your cellar, out-building, garage, or even your garden shed, you have finally managed it. You have finally managed to create (or maybe locate) a supply of unlimited free energy. It doesn't matter how you have managed to do it - magnetics, perpetual motion, energy from playing around with water atoms, whatever..... that's irrelevant. The point is - what do you do now?

So what do you do?

I would upload it to the internet immediately, to all the torrents / boards / forums and send it to all news stations.

Knowledge like that is not for one person to profit from, it's for the global good of our species.

If we had unlimited energy supply all our lives would change forever.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Korg Trinity

Millions

So what do you do?

I would upload it to the internet immediately, to all the torrents / boards / forums and send it to all news stations.

Knowledge like that is not for one person to profit from, it's for the global good of our species.

Peace,

Korg.

Yeah, and this, exactly this is why there will be no response! Every day, every hour another victim of his own dillusion will try to "give the world his wisdom" - and thank you, we are overflown with those useless postings.

Really, there is no way that anyone (who could make an impact in the public) would look at your postings. There are too many people out there who want to save the world with magnets, scalar waves, orgons and so on!

I can see only one way: Patent first, then build it, then present it to your local university/newspaper/energy provider.

Bring it to the public in a non-easy-peasy-way! That way you can show that you mean it!

Posting it on forums... *pfft* There, its gone - because no one took a look at it.

Let people have a close look. Let them have the opportunity to set it up for themselves, so they can see that there is NO trickery!
edit on 10-12-2013 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

ManFromEurope

Korg Trinity

Millions

So what do you do?

Peace,

Korg.

Yeah, and this, exactly this is why there will be no response! Every day, every hour another victim of his own dillusion will try to "give the world his wisdom" - and thank you, we are overflown with those useless postings.

Really, there is no way that anyone (who could make an impact in the public) would look at your postings. There are too many people out there who want to save the world with magnets, scalar waves, orgons and so on!

I can see only one way: Patent first, then build it, then present it to your local university/newspaper/energy provider.

Bring it to the public in a non-easy-peasy-way! That way you can show that you mean it!

Posting it on forums... *pfft* There, its gone - because no one took a look at it.

Let people have a close look. Let them have the opportunity to set it up for themselves, so they can see that there is NO trickery!
edit on 10-12-2013 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

And you don't think that once uploaded with proof that it would be replicated and verified??

Go ahead and try and patent it... it will be buried alongside you before the information is released!!

The best way is to release it before anyone or any organisation has a chance to stop it.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I would film myself re-enacting the process each step of the way and narrate in very easy to understand terms. I would then upload it to youtube and ask people to re-upload the video to youtube to make it harder for TPTB to erase it.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Tsu322

I would film myself re-enacting the process each step of the way and narrate in very easy to understand terms. I would then upload it to youtube and ask people to re-upload the video to youtube to make it harder for TPTB to erase it.

Exactamondo... STAR for you!

Though you might want to think about hiring an actor to star in the video.... I think once the fit hit the shan the big corps would be looking for blood!

This is though the only way to deal with such a discovery. Get it out there before it can be buried.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Thank you! Star right back attcha.

Do you think Wikileaks might be the way to go? It might save any actors getting bumped off. I think if anyone is up for that level of martyrdom it would be Assange.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

This is a very tough question, to be honest.

Such a discovery would create lots of enemies, very powerful enemies on both ends - either you are taking their profits from energy and/or they are envy and want a part in it.

Becoming a billionaire of it is near to impossible. The best way in my eyes,is to eliminate all possibilities is going for "open" patent. Patent which you have, but which everybody can use without your licence, while assuring if anything happens to you, this will be all over the internet. This would eliminate the envy part who want their share.

This would be a discovery which has the possibility of bankrupting entire nations (Russia, Norway, Middle East), as well as bankrupting or losing large profits for some of the largest corporations in the world (fracking industry, solar panel industry, wind turbine industry, oil industry, the whole energy industry). It is very likely the patent will be on the "watchlist" immediately after patenting.

Here´s something I would consider doing after discovery:

1) Trust no one.
2) Assure my family/friends I am not suicidal
3) Have the doctors check every part of my body as well as psyhiatrist.
4) Find a hacker as well as trustworthy people all around the world, who would immediately share the product all over internet and media if something happens to you.
5) Research on patent offices and times for getting a patent, so I would go to the fastest one, immediately going to apply for the open patent with no one, even the family having the option of changing it.
6) Go to trustworthy Lawyer´s assuring the date I put in the patent (on paper as well as digitally signed documents) in every possible way.
7) Disappear until the patent arrives

Another possibility is having made a video since 3-6 and immediately after the first 5 points, going all over the media and internet with the product, full details and drawings on video, as well as the date and videoproofing of you giving in the patent to patent office with dates , as well as saying this will be open patent. Your name, but everybody can use, recreate and sell the product.

That might even be a better way, as everybody would see the date you patented the product.

If one would like to make profit on something like that, that has the potential of being incredibly dangerous, considering the amount of people who lose something from it or want a share of it.

This all might sound as conspiracy, but well money is where the real conspiracies lie. There are too many people there, who would do anything for getting part of an invention like that.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I would worry my butt off for awhile then go to patent my invention and hire a good lawyer and an adviser to tell me how to approach the issue without getting robbed off my idea or getting myself killed!...Then I worry some more and perhaps drink myself right into oblivion.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I don't think you need to worry about the energy sector employees that would be out of a job. With free energy so much would change that we could easily support 95% unemployment and still have society rapidly advance with everyone being "rich". With a few advancements in the field of robotics life would turn into easy mode.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I would log out of ATS and take a vacation. I would stop talking about crazy things to people whose "beliefs" are unstable , unrealistic and sometimes anti-American. Those 2 tower conspiracy theorists I am talking to you. Free energy can be implemented in many unique ways, through intelligence and imagination. I worked with many gifted individuals, who were Americans just like me. I read this last night and logged out, then checked site today offline or without member status.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Do you know what? This sounds a bit ridiculous, but I hadn't even thought of your point that it could be used as a weapon. You're absolutely right, of course. If only Oppenheimer had showed the same caution all those years ago.

But then, on the other hand.......

It could change the world. Society could be completely overhauled. Scarcity would be a thing of the past. World inequality would be squashed, with the oil-rich nations no longer having such an advantage. There would be no more wars over oil in the middle east. All that money spent on the military could be used to eliminate poverty.

Which path would humanity be more likely to take? Weaponry and destruction or a new, positive stage in our development as a global society? What a decision to rest on someone's shoulders.
edit on 10-12-2013 by Millions because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join