It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its about time...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Fox News

The Bush administration has committed itself to helping AIDS victims in the third world. President Bush will raise the issue at the next G8 summit.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Didn't you just post this?:

Quite frankly it looks to me like no one cares if a few africans kill eachother.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
So what side are you on? Or does it depend on which side is more anti-America?

and by the way. as far as "It's about time"
chew on this a bit

Bush has
proposed spending $15 billion on an
AIDS relief initiative over the next five
years, and he called on allies to join that
effort, as well as initiatives targeting
famine and promoting economic
development.

www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 21-5-2003 by Fry2]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
not surprising...

i'm guessing he's just getting a head start at his campaign for next year.

why else would anyone send billions of dollars overseas while the nation's economy is in a crisis?

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
but last I heard we didn't put up voting booths in Africa...

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I guess we need to see what it's spent on -if it's US drugs and equipment, rather than primary care and education in Africa, then charity once again will have begun at home.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It all looks a bit like Big Brother and the chocolate ration. What does "committed" mean in this context -and if he's raising it at G8 to what extent is there any unilateral US commitment?
Looks like spin and electioneering from here.
And I suspect America's domestic health services could do with some of that money.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
FD, nice to see you around here again - and don't you get the State of the Unions over there?

Frist making the debit forgiveness amendment was news to me - should quiet Bono down a bit. I just suspect some groups might have problems with the "Uganda model" - telling people to abstain isn't exactly p.c.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
How many times has Bush pulled out of these meetings because of some other incident???

It has been several, all in Africa, and all in the last two or three years. I bet that something else will come up and he will cancel his trip.

Even if he makes it there and stays, he won't do us any good. He will just tell Africans to stop having sex. Good strategy huh???

[Edited on 22-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

top topics

join