It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA agent confiscates sock monkey's toy pistol

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That would have totally made me go bananas. I may have even thrown some feces. Okay, that was a bit much, I admit. I believe you are absolutely correct in your assessment of the TSA. They have too much power, their employees take out their personal problems on random citizens, and most importantly, they are absolutely INEFFECTIVE. Obviously there MUST be some ulterior motive behind these "security" measures. Like you mentioned, maybe they are attempting to acclimatize people to the police state that may come one day.

And it honestly does look like that is where we are headed. I never really believed there was one all powerful group making decisions on the fate of humanity, but if you look back to at least when Bush Jr got into office, things have seemingly been occurring in a progression. It is hard to explain or pinpoint exactly what I mean, but it just seems that the rich are screwing the middle and lower classes over even more lately, and getting away with it (bailouts), an it seems that there has been a steady decline in our Constitutional rights. And the media has been slowly growing more complicit it seems as well.

I just get the feeling they are attempting to sway public opinion away from our personal rights, if that makes sense. They want people to have a passive and subservient state of mind. So maybe there truly is some group of rich and powerful individuals who are running the US or the major countries of the world.

Let's think about this for a second...With unlimited money, almost anything can be accomplished. I believe that even the top government officials could be controlled, and we know for a fact that lobbyists have controlled politicians for a long, long time. Therefore, doesn't it stand to reason that there could be a group behind the scenes who is orchestrating who should be controlled, and how they should go about controlling them? IF this were the case, couldn't this group actually accomplish anything they wanted to? With political support, and little to no opposition on the key issues, they could literally restructure the US.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

ObjectZero
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Did we get "Homeland" because "MotherLand" was already taken?

Homeland was used in South Africa before the end of apartheid.
They really wanted Fatherland but that would have been too honest and revealing.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

They are the best ads ever!.
Sod a sock monkey I want a Trunk Monkey...or in the UK a boot Monkey

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

That is your Govt at work these days.
What does everyone expect?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

macman

That is your Govt at work these days.
What does everyone expect?

Well, we keep expecting them to implode from their own stupidity.. but no luck yet. Their kind of stupid is pretty tenacious I guess. Im waiting for the day they turn on eachother in their feeding frenzy.. that should be entertaining. You get little glimpses of it.. then it stops. I want a full on whole hog governmental starving piranhas cannibalism fest on the federal level. Completely televised. Smacking eachother on the senate floor. Nom Nom Nom...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think the odds of a sock monkey hijacking an airplane with a miniature six-shooter are about even with the likelihood of a hijacking by "terrorists". The sock monkey at least appears to be real.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Anyone thinking of watching a Loony toons Roadrunner cartoon is gonna be outta luck then i suppose.

What with Wile-e-Coyote and his fondness for TNT...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Bye bye G.I. Joe doll. sniff, sniff

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

Dude...they'll shoot you in the face just for pulling that monster out.

TSA: "What's that?"
StoutBroux: "GI-Joe here?"
TSA: "GUN!!!"
StoutBroux: "Where!?!"
Newscaster: "Tragedy at a local airport today..."

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Advantage
Cant wait till they try to confiscate this :

Ok, I gotta say it.
When I saw this I thought:
Glock N Load

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Advantage
Cant wait till they try to confiscate this :

I have held off on commenting on this post until I could find the appropriate words:

"D@mn!"
(That area by the clips where it overlaps the pelvic bone must have hurt something aweful!)

That about covers it.

-Peace-
edit on 9-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 9-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm honestly starting to wonder if the TSA is all a human behavior study to see how far a government agency can push its citizens. The stimuli is always being increased incrementally in order to gather results to apply to other similar scenarios.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I don't blame them. I have never ever seen a sock toy monkey with anything, much less a toy gun.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
You know what the most ludicrous part of this whole idiocy? They gave her back her sewing supplies (just not the mini-prop gun).

In the end, the agent did not call police and May did get her other sewing supplies back.

I'm sure someone can do FAR more damage with a sewing needle than they could with a tiny gun, but thank GOD we are safe from that evil little plastic gun that doesn't even fire.

Not to say they SHOULD have confiscated the sewing supplies that would have been just as ridiculous (and probably would have happened 8 years ago) its just odd the importance placed on a non-dangerous item over one that could be dangerous if used the right way. Also the quote:

“She said ‘If I held it up to your neck, you wouldn’t know if it was real or not,’ and I said ‘really?’” said May.

Is just HILARIOUS. I could get the same effect using a pen and carefully holding my hand so the person can't fully see whats in my hand.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

Yes, for some odd reason, knitting needles are not banned. The only thing I can think of iss there are some powerful knitting and wool lobbies out there. XD

When I flew, I would knit just to see the looks of the passengers around me. it is quite entertaining.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Knit me a sock Monkey!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Homeland is just a politically correct version of fatherland from Nazi Germany or Motherland from Stalinist Russia, It's certainly not American.

edit on 9-12-2013 by HUMBLEONE because: "ecological devastation is the excrement of mans power worship"- Ernest Becker

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by nixie_nox

Knit me a sock Monkey!!!!

OMG, I didn't even see the coincidence, LOL Star for you.

Actually my domestic genes fail me and I suck at knitting. I made a 18 inch scarf once. You can use it as a tea cozy.
edit on 9-12-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

HUMBLEONE

Homeland is just a politically version of fatherland from Nazi Germany or Motherland from Stalinist Russia, It's certainly not American.

Comparing everything to Nazi Germany not only gets very tired, but it is offensive to anyone who survived Nazi Germany.

If you want to see a modern police state, go to North Korea.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Guns don't kill people, Sock Monkey's kill people.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

nixie_ni

HUMBLEONE

Homeland is just a politically version of fatherland from Nazi Germany or Motherland from Stalinist Russia, It's certainly not American.

Comparing everything to Nazi Germany not only gets very tired, but it is offensive to anyone who survived Nazi Germany.

If you want to see a modern police state, go to North Korea.
. No thanks regarding a trip to NK. Apparently the Zionists / Mossad plants in Hollywood would disagree with your Nazi comment given the penchant to provide us with perpetual Holocaust films. I found it amusing that Netanyahu during his recent visit with the Pope, gave him a book allegedly written by his father, the subject of which, was the Spanish Inquisition. I liken the latter to handing Angela Merkel a book on the Nazi's.
edit on 9-12-2013 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2013 by HUMBLEONE because: to correct a typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join