It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hidden History of Fairies - Were They Real?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

I've never seen ANY convincing evidence that Fairies have ever existed. I thought they where a 19th century creation for children.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by greywolf45

The Victorians changed everyone's perceptions of fairies, certainly, with their love of all things bonkers. Fairy tales were not originally for children's ears only, and were widely told across Scotland.

There is no evidence they were ever real. If there were, we would not be speculating about the origin of the stories, we would know for sure, right? But there seems to be enough leeway in some of the tales to hint at the possibility that some of the stories have their roots firmly in human tradition.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

That is uncanny. Thank you so much for posting.
I replied to Veritas earlier with this quote, but it bears repeating because the author says it so much better than I could.The first paragraph of R.L.Brown's book says:
"However sophisticated we may think ourselves, each person has a race memory of Scotland's folklore which may be triggered - at any time - by a thought, dream or emotion, that cannot be rationalised by modern standards."

And then you come along and provide the science. Mind blown.
Are we genetically predisposed to believe in the supernatural?
edit on 18-12-2013 by beansidhe because: spacing

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Most don't want to draw the connection to Africa.

The genetic signature for Europeans doesn't appear until 6-7k years ago. They have mythologized and altered the history of the people murdered over the centuries.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I remember reading a story somewhere many years ago about a person that was stuck in a fairy mound, and you could hear their screams coming from the mound to be freed, everyone was terrified and stayed away til the screams faded away and stopped.
You also have Reverend Robert Kirk, who wrote the book "The Secret Commonwealth" which was about the fair folk. Supposedly he was taken as well. Sounds like the book series The Spiderwick Chronicles was inspired by this. I should find this book, as my son would probably go nuts over it LOL

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Your son might like the famous story of Thomas the Rhymer too, if he likes spooky tales!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

faeries ....thats what many call them or know them by...but yes, i would have to say they are real.....VERY REAL

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This is an old thread but I definitely believe that fairies exist and know someone quite close to me who has seen them, This is also the first time I am hearing about Picts.
edit on 30-12-2018 by ali23m because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join