It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Bar goes too far?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Krakatoa
So, back on-topic.

Considering this instance, are there any instances that should be considered too sensitive a subject to avoid in this manner? Is any marketing copy, of any type, truly acceptable at all times? Or is there a limit, one that is not controlled by legal means in the United States?

edit on 12/9/2013 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

No.

The FIrst Amendment covers this quite well already.

My wife complains about Autocorrect on her android phone. I offered to turn it off for her. She replied with, "NO! It corrects more words than it messes up!" Meanwhile, she is telling me via text to pick up more dogwood for the dogs (not sure why dogfood was replaced with dogwood....but whatever).

Me? I misspell like crazy on texting. My fingers are too big. But i am far happier making my own mistakes rather than having some unseen power "correcting" it for me. She and I, we have about the same error rate in texting. Its just that hers are far, far more funny (thanks to autocorrect).

Its kinda like that. I prefer the refreshing freedom of being allowed to make my own mistakes, rather than having an unseen hand try to guide me (badly) in the "right direction". And making me look like a total idiot in the process.
edit on 9-12-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
When you think about it, these drinks were already on their menu. So what's the beef? Because they put it on their marquee?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

intrepid
When you think about it, these drinks were already on their menu. So what's the beef? Because they put it on their marquee?

IMO, it was linking it directly with the tragedy of Pearl Harbor on Dec 7th, 1941. Otherwise, I see no issue with it prior to that, as it is a general concept at that point...with no focus on a specific day and specific loss of life. But as I stated earlier, I would not try to stop them from this at all, but that does not mean I need to agree or be happy about it either.

<< 1  2   >>

join