It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scalar Waves

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

ImaFungi
reply to post by dragonridr

What are the field lines, are they illusion?

They're a way of visualizing an electric field, but they don't literally exist.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Then what, literally waves? You will say E and B fields. I will say, How/where do they literally exist?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

ImaFungi
reply to post by Bedlam

Then what, literally waves? You will say E and B fields. I will say, How/where do they literally exist?

You are right. E and H fields. They exist in space. If the wave's propagating, they create each other.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Thanks for the corrections.

"Nerve cells propagate a depolarization wave along their length, which is actually a scalar wave of chemical reaction. "

It's actually a transverse wave of ion transport.

The ion transport is facilitated by chemical changes in the neural membrane. The pores must open before the Potassium can move out and the Sodium move in.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Bedlam

ImaFungi
reply to post by Bedlam

You are right. E and H fields. They exist in space. If the wave's propagating, they create each other.

What are they made of? Lines of force? But you said lines of force dont exist?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Bedlam

ImaFungi
reply to post by Bedlam

E and H fields exist in space, nice, how do they exist? Do they exist like a medium exists, what exactly is different about them and a medium? What are the field lines made of and are there a specific number of them which attach to point charges? so one could say that 3d attachment of field lines to a charge which react to the charges movements, and all charges have 3d attached field lines, and they extend and connected to each other across and throughout the universe, but this field of field lines that exist throughout the universe and vibrate when the charges are vibrated is not a medium which the charges exist in, because mediums are made of particles and this medium is made of strings/ropes/'lines'?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join