It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

recent, new, and future warships the world is making

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

In Jaunuary 2004, the United Arab Emirates' ministry of defence in Abhu Dhabi awarded a contract to Abu Dhabi Shipbuilding for a new class of multi-purpose missile corvette, the Baynunah class. The contract is for four corvettes with an option of a further two. Delivery of the first vessel is scheduled for 2008. The main roles of the corvettes will be in patrol and surveliance, minelaying, interception and other anti-surface warfare operations in the United Arab Emirate's territorial waters and exclusive economic zone. In july 2004 Alenia Marconi system's was awarded a contract to supply the IPN-S command and control system and the NA-25XM fiure control system for the main gun. The corvette's anti-ship missile system comprises eight MBDA MM40 Block 2 Exocet missiles, which have inertial cruise mode and active radar homing. The Raytheon MK56 eight vertical cell launcher for the Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile gives surface to air capability to protect against fixed wing and rotary wing platform's. The corvette's main gun is the Otto Melara 76MM Super Rapide capable of firing shell at a maximum rate of 60 round a minute and at a range of 16 kilometers.

Eight exocet anti-ship missiles a pretty formidable defense against any sea- borne threat and eight evolved sea sparrow missiles this has a pretty good defense against sea or air threats. What do you think?

navaltechnology.com

I will do summary's on more ships but right now i'm tired.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by blue cell]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Elefsis Industrial Enterprises SA has been awarded a contract for the three Super Vita 62m fast attack missile craft for the Hellenic navy. The ships called the Rousen Class are being constructed at the Elefsis yard near Athens. Vosper Thornycroft provides design, construction support, ship's equipment and logistics support services to Elefsis. The ship is armed with Exocet block II surface to surface missiles, Exocet uses active radar homing and has a range of 70 KM per hour. The vessels air defence system is the rolling airframe missile, the missile systems 21 cell launcher is installed on the stern deck. The RIM -116A block I missile has a dual mode radar/imaging infra-red seeker and a range of 10KM. The craft's main gun installed on the bow deck is the Oto Melara Super Rapid 76MM which is capable of firing 6KG shells at a rate of 100 rounds per minute to a range of 16 KM. Two Otto Melara 30 MM guns are installed on either side of the upper deck to the stern of the main radar mast.
specs
crew 45
displacment 580 tons fully loaded
length 203 ft 5in
beam 31 ft 2.5in
draft 8ft 6in
speed 35 knots
endurance 7 days
combat management system Tacticos
surveliance radar MW08 3D
electro-optical target tracker Mirador
fire control system sting BS
radar intergrated scout and Bridgemaster-e Navagation radar
communications ics 2000
surface to surface missile Excoet
surface to air missile RAM
main gun Otto melara 76MM
30 MM guns 2 Otto Melara
electronic support measures dr argo systems AR900
decoys sippican SRBOC
diesel engines 4 mtu 16V595 TE90 engines
generators 3 250kw
propellers 4 fixed pitch

naval-technology.com

The Rolling Airframe Missile with provide this ship with a anti-ship missile defense and defense against enemy aircraft. The Exocet missile block two will also provide this ship with a state of the art anti-ship defense. The two 30 MM Otto Melara guns can be used to blow up small suicide terrorist motor boats.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
dude i am going to give you a piece of advice. calm down with the threads BTW. you have like 20 already.
these ships are interesting.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Nice ships, I hope to see more of them in the future...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Here are some new US Coast Guard ships that are going to be built

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Here is our 052 DDG, we just built 4
www.sinodefence.com...

Here is the new steath 054 Frigate, we just built a couple. In my opinion the most beautiful ship in service
www.sinodefence.com...

Here is the Water-Piercing Catamaran FAC (2208).
www.sinodefence.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The Chinese have some pretty interesting designs but it is odd that they are just building a few of each class then moving on to another class.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
we have been experimenting and trying to incorporate the latest technologies such as VLS and phased array radar systems. It is rumored that china will be making about 20 or so DDGs based on the latest 052C, but will be enhanced. With us, most things remain a secret until they come out

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Check out these ATS threads for more ships

Stealth ships steam ahead

New navy ships

Many countries are getting into the game including

US (various inc DDX)
UK (Type 45 features and also other concepts)
Sweden (Visby class)
France (La Fayette class - which Saudia Arabia and Malayasia are buying variants og)
China as Hawkssss mentioned

[edit on 26-11-2004 by Popeye]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkssss
we have been experimenting and trying to incorporate the latest technologies such as VLS and phased array radar systems..... With us, most things remain a secret until they come out

Phased array and VLS are hardly secret nor new systems...

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
well, I am trying to say that we are experimenting with VLS and phased array radar because these are kinda of new to us. Secondly, I am saying no one knows how many we are building because we usually keep things a bit secret. You should not speak if you can't read and understand

[edit on 27-11-2004 by Hawkssss]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I think he understood you perfectly; you had mis-worded what you meant originally was all.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

we have been experimenting and trying to incorporate the latest technologies

I wouldn't call a 90 year old man with a pair of binoculars looking out as a top secret warning system. The chicoms only have 2nd rate tech. If you don't believe me look at their overall military it belongs in the 80's.

West Point, Out

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The Chinese actually look like a force to be reckoned with. I've seen they've been building a lot of nice stuff. China already has one of the worlds largest navies and compared to the rest of the world they're doing pretty good. I'm pretty sure that under the Clinton administration the US gave China some nice stuff, I'll see if I can look up some of the stuff.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Currently the worlds largest military ship, excluding carriers and support vessels. The Kirov is also the best lookling out of all the other military craft in the world

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
The Chinese actually look like a force to be reckoned with. I've seen they've been building a lot of nice stuff. China already has one of the worlds largest navies and compared to the rest of the world they're doing pretty good.

Meh. It's not just how many units you have, it's how good they are and how well trained the crews are. On paper, the Russian fleet is the second in the world but if you put it up in it's current state against the Royal Navy, I think they would be in for a hell of a shock....

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A new Aircraft Carrier capable of launching a 100 aircraft, 20 aircraft a wave, 5 waves.

That power allows to bring down several ships in the first few waves.

That carrier is imaginary, but an example to show that it is not quanity that is important, but quality, why have more than is needed to complete the job?

Would that not be wasting money?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
We will be behind the US in terms of technology for a while, but we are not an aggressive force to start with and all we need is enough to protect ourselves and our shipping lines. We don't seek to dominate the world and steal all the natural resources.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
take a look at this. I am sure ASAT is devloped against US's missile defense system.

www.ucsusa.org...

A Military Intelligence Failure?
The Case of the Parasite Satellite
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gregory Kulacki and David Wright
16 August 2004

Full text of the report (PDF)

Both the 2003 and 2004 editions of the U.S. Pentagon's Annual Report on the Military Power of the People's Republic of China cite a January 2001 Hong Kong newspaper article that claims China has developed and tested an advanced anti-satellite (ASAT) system. This ASAT is described as a "parasitic microsatellite," that is, a small satellite that attaches itself to a larger satellite to disrupt or destroy the larger satellite on command.

The existence of such a system is clearly an important issue to the U.S. military and the Congress.

Yet an examination of the January 2001 newspaper story, which is the only source the Pentagon report gives for this claim, casts strong doubts on the credibility of the story.

We do not take a position on whether or not China might be developing such a weapon. However, the Pentagon's continued use of this article raises important issues about the quality of information that is being presented to Congress and the public on this and other issues. Such concerns are especially relevant given recent revelations about intelligence failures and the implications such failures can have.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
North Korea has built and operates some 130-40 Air-Cushioned Vehicles (ACV). Various versions carry 35 to 55 troops. One ACV can carry one Special Operations Force platoon for surprise landing. Designed to support mobility in mud flats, these craft are well-suited to the scenario of a surprise amphibious landings during the initial phase of a war. These amphibious craft can reach speeds up to 50 knots per hour and are hard to detect and interdict. Within a short period of time, North Korea can move approximately 7,000 maritime SOF personnel to many disbursed debarkation points along both coastlines of the ROK. Once ashore these small teams will attempt to evade CFC forces and move into CFC’s rear areas and ROK population centers. The key to CFC’s success is to detect the North’s maritime SOF teams early, while they are still off shore, and destroy them before they land on ROK soil.

Kongbang class

Well here is a thread I'm sure South Korea has taken measures against, I wonder if they have their own counter combat swimmer unit, anybody have any info on that?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join