It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New House Resolution Calls for Declassifying Secret Portion of 9/11 Report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Rep. Walter Jones (R-NC) introduced a resolution this week in the House of Representatives urging President Barack Obama to declassify 28 pages of a joint House and Senate Intelligence Committee report that includes information concerning foreign governments' involvement in terrorist attacks in the US.

The George W. Bush administration redacted the pages from the December 2002 report of the Joint Inquiry into Intelligence Community Activities Before and After the Terrorist Attacks of September 2001.
Source: Ron Paul Institute

The text of the bill can be read at the above link, or it can be read at the Congress (dot) Gov website:

beta.congress.gov...

Rep. Walters believes that the information in the classified section of the report shouldn't have been classified, and that every American has a right to know what the classified sections say.

In the bill, Rep. Walters had this to say:

(a) Findings.--The Senate finds that--

(1) The President has prevented the release to the American public of 28 pages of the Joint Inquiry into Intelligence Community Activities Before and After the Terrorist Attacks of September 2001.

(2) The contents of the redacted pages discuss sources of foreign support for some of the September 11th hijackers while they were in the United States.

(3) The Administration's decision to classify this information prevents the American people from having access to information about the involvement of certain foreign governments in the terrorist attacks of September 2001.

(4) The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has requested that the President release the 28 pages.

The emphasis is mine. I'm a bit curious as to which countries provided support to the hijackers. It must be different countries than what we've already been told, otherwise, why would this congressman bother?

It's also interesting that Saudi Arabia wants the information declassified as well. Either they know what's in the report and would like others to know. or they don't know and want to know if their country is one of the "foreign governments" listed in the report.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

edit on 8-12-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: highlight

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

They'll probably just fabricate new pages.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

They should release all the video tapes that were confiscated near the pentagon and near ground zero, while they are at it. They have nothing to hide right?

Maybe Israel was involved or another country from the common wealth? Maybe maybe maybe...All I know is that what happened was tragic for those who were stuck in the middle. Always, the innocent that suffer at the hand of the rotten on both sides of the fence.

Will be looking forward for this revelation to be released.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
There is too much of a chance that these pages would point a finger at Israel and that is something they won't allow to happen. Seeing how Israel knew well enough in advance to send people to document the event they either had a hand in doing it or allowed it to happen by not giving us info before it happened.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Very interesting news,

I personally have always thought that the Saudi connection to Al-Qa'ida has been under reported by the American administration and its a big part of the 9/11 attacks that requires further exploration and exposure. It is very difficult to judge just how much involvement they had, I would suspect that some distant Saudi royal's sympathetic with Bin Laden's views on the Saudi establishment provided him and his organization with funding. It is not surprising that this would be uncomfortable for the Americans that family members of their biggest oil train happened to be providing funds to Al-Qaida.

In accordance with the Bush doctrine (also followed by Obama) of basically hunting down and killing everyone ever associated with Al-Qa'ida some very wealthy Saudi's seem to have been escaping this brand of justice (i use that word very loosely) for quite some time.

If these documents are exposed I think it could make for some very embarrassing reading on the hill when they discover that some of the Saudi's they have been in business deals with also happen to have been funding Al-Qa'ida.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Given the previous record of information sharing with the Saudis this surprises me. Truth is we've worked closer with them historically than we have the Israelis because the Saudis have oil - Israel not so much.

My guess is that Saudis think this will give Pakistan a black eye. We know that former ISI head was meeting with Bush Sr and the Carlyle group the day of 9/11 in Washington.

Didn't Frank Carlucci get some kind of contract for old KC-167 tanker planes that he supposedly mothballed in Florida? I can't find that information but I'm sure I remember it.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Foreign government involvement? Thats a start but how about our own government's involvement?

Its kind of crazy if you think about it, especially in today's context.

As government increasingly violates the law with regards to our privacy, they are simultaneously taking steps to protect their own.

Take this thread for example.

Through a FOIA request, the author received 550 redacted pages out of 1800 total. When will the other 1300 pages be available? 2035, 5 years longer than their typical 30 year holding period.

Heres my question, why do we allow our government/public servants to do this? Why do we allow them to hide and bury their crimes for decades after the fact?

"National security" via the "state secrecy 'privilege'"? Ok, I can understand that to a point. Just declassify everything 1 year after the fact, at the most. Think about what we've learned about previous "incidents" with the declassification of the McCollum Memos or the NSA intercepts of the Gulf of Tonkin lie.

By the time we learn the truth about 9/11 (if we learn the truth), our rights will be gone and the police state should be fully implemented.

edit on 8-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
If these documents are exposed I think it could make for some very embarrassing reading on the hill when they discover that some of the Saudi's they have been in business deals with also happen to have been funding Al-Qa'ida.

Not necessarily. If you read on in the bill, the Congressman also states that he's read the classified portion, and believes that none of it consists of national security material that needs to continue to be classified.

Congressman and Senators do have a level of security that allows them to read certain classified documents. Therefore, most politicians should have read, and already know the contents of the classified pages in question.

Rep. Jones just wants to make the information public for all.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

With something as important historically as 9/11 any and all bits of information pertaining to the attack, the hijackers, and the physical evidence should be released to the public and to history. To do anything less dishonors the victims and the tragic aftermath of 9/11: the draconian anti-privacy laws and the Iraq War, both of which Bush himself spearheaded with lies and then, as an afterthought, more lies.
edit on 8-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Out of 28 pages 4 letters will be released

I
R
A
N
"Lets get'em 'merica".
BAAAAAAAAA say the sheeple.
Saudi Arabia want the docs. released.
I rest my case.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Carlucci was a Navy guy, so anything he had would have been ships. I think you're confusing the KC-767 with some other stuff claimed that day. The KC-767 didn't get built until well after 9/11.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

In a court of law and in due process, if there is reasonable doubt about a verdict, you continue investigation. As far as I'm concerned this applies to the events of that day and those that were involved (all of them).

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Heres my question, why do we allow our government/public servants to do this? Why do we allow them to hide and bury their crimes for decades after the fact?

I have come to believe that it is because there is a power at work here beyond the normal political or corporate. We can't touch it, we no longer have options. I have reached the point where I believe a higher power will need to act and I hope it is soon.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Without waterboarding everyone involved including that hideous brain dead chimp in the video, we'll never know what happened.

Ever wonder why the Bushes and the Rockefellers and the Rothschilds and the Kissingers of the world seem to live F'ing forever?

It's because they're not even human, not in any accepted sense of the word.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Three little words -
1 - SAUDI
2 - ARABIA
3 - ISREAL

Everybody knows that they will never, repeat, never release on paper what everyone already know's..

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I agree. Only time will tell. And unfortunately, this is taking too much time.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Hope it says the us government in there.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Would be interesting reading those censored pages.Former Senator Bob Graham has been talking about this since the end of the Joint Inquiry.The Zelikow/Hamilton Commission simply chose to ignore it.Graham has written an interesting book about the JI:Intelligence Matters

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I hate to be the rain on any parades, but I predict these sections will be positively boring and whatever they link will turn out to be vague in meaning or intent.

We'll find they've kept things here hidden because natural assumptions wouldn't have been helpful before, but for some reason, that's changed for what they assume this specific material will do for reaction.

That's my magic 8 ball's worth of guesswork.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
How many times has this come up and then go crashing down as funding for the 9/11 plot-about 600,000-is a mere drop in the bucket to the 10's of millions pledged to Al qaeda each year. From January 2001 to the first of September US citizens donated more than 2 million.

The confessions of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Ramzi Bin Al-Shibh spell out the never ending supply of funds and martyr's that came to train in Bin Laden's million dollar training camps in Afghanistan. After the attack on the USS Cole money poured in 'in barrels' according to Al-Shibh. Between the camps and other operations around the world in 2000, Al-Qaeda breezed through more than 15 million.

The complicity of the Saudi Kingdom in 9/11 is meaningless. In addition, you can't keep judging a monarchy like the Kingdom based on the standards of a free market democracy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join