It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law Enforcement Following The NSA's Footsteps- Sting Ray

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Found this one on USA Today. The fourth amendment is dead folks. The article I will link explains what sting ray is and how it works.

Lets just say with this in local law enforcement's hands, it is obvious that privacy is no longer a priority for our country's citizens. Think about this the next time you make a call on your cell.

Clicking the link is worth your time to educate yourself on how your privacy is being invaded.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

This is nothing new. Surveillance on the mass population has been going on for decades. Just because they can now surveil mobile devices shouldn't be cause of any alarm. If you wish to be alarmed at all, be alarmed at the mass complacency at the fact of being surveilled.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisalie

True, but this is a very good reason to be alarmed.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Why? It is nothing more than what they usually do. They have just figured out how to do so with mobile devices.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

People are complacent because they know they can't do anything about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Silenceisalie

Why? It is nothing more than what they usually do. They have just figured out how to do so with mobile devices.

That's kind of a big deal.....

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

suz62

That woefully ignorant statement is why we are in this mess.

Of course we can do something about it.

What is truly dangerous is how any American could think that.

Not attacking you OP....it's that type of thinking by many people.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

December 6, 2013 ...

"More and more of people's private information is stored and shared online, increasing the opportunities for both theft and violations of the essential right to privacy. Ongoing revelations of the NSA's domestic spying and increasingly frequent news of online security breaches appropriately have Texans on edge," said Dewhurst. "Our essential American freedoms include the right to live without warrantless searches of our private information or snooping on essential rights like gun ownership. As we have done throughout our history, Texas must lead the way in defending individual freedom."

www.ltgov.state.tx.us...

Folks are becoming much more aware of the goings-on ... otherwise I don't think that this Texas meeting would have taken place.

Just My Observation and Opinion.

-
Also, I missed this Texas PDF Document dated November 12, 2013 ... ( I'll just give it a "WOW!" ):

Letter to Congressional Leaders
-

edit on 8-12-2013 by FarleyWayne because: added Letter to Congressional Leaders

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Again, how? It's no different than anything else. Every keystroke we type on this website is probably recorded by some government official by some means we have no idea exists.

I don't see the masses rising to stop this kind of invasion. They are complacent to it. Happy even to have that kind of "protection". So while you feel there should be more concern involving that our liberties have been invaded, I feel it is far far more concerning that people feel there is nothing that can be done about it, such as suz62. That is really where the concern should be.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

suz62

People can't do anything about it because they are complacent!

It is up to you, me, and everyone else to take a stand. We have to start with local government, then county, then state, and finally federal.

The first step to not being able to do anything is to believe we can't.

The first step to doing something is believing we can!

Remember the little red engine!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

We should be concerned with both for god's sake! I get your point, you can let it rest now.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
This technology is in the public domain. It is inexpensive and it can capture a lot more than your position:
Youtube DefCon DIY Cell Site for Spying

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Every keystroke we type on this website is probably recorded by some government official by some means we have no idea exists.

Oh yes, and they have been doing it since broadband went mainstream in 1998. The CIA Spy satellite launched yesterday is believed to be the finishing touches to the Facial Recognition system that now, not only can they see your license plate from space, they can find out who you are in a millisecond.

No one has any idea just what they sent to space yesterday-but experts agree it has something to do with domestic information gathering.

I could care less what they do however I can understand how someone much younger would see this an invasion-of just about everything.

If anyone has any idea what they shot up there yesterday I would love to hear it.
edit on 9-12-2013 by spooky24 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join