It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor animals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I cant believe people still use the BS excuse of " the animals are overpopulated"
That is ignorance and idiocy at its very finest.

Animals form a natural equilibrium within their environments that goes in cycles, the smaller animals (mice, rats, insects etc etc) grow in numbers and so do their predators due to the abundant food supply. Eventually predators will have reduced the numbers and due to this they will produce less offspring, due to them breeding less the number of smaller animals builds up again and the cycle repeats.

What morons mean when they say "they are overpopulated" is that the animals are an inconvenience to humans or their death is valuable in some way. It comes down to economics pure and simple.

Anyone who says otherwise is lying or has their head deep up their own a$$
edit on 8/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
I cant believe people still use the BS excuse of " the animals are overpopulated"

Animals form a natural equilibrium within their environments that goes in cycles, the smaller animals (mice, rats, insects etc etc) grow in numbers and so do their predators due to the abundant food supply. Eventually predators will have reduced the numbers and due to this they will produce less offspring, due to them breeding less the number of smaller animals builds up again and the cycle repeats.

What morons mean when they say "they are overpopulated" is that the animals are an inconvenience to humans or their death is valuable in some way. It comes down to economics pure and simple.

Quite so, an example would be rabbits. If rabbit is carrying young but theres not enough food her body re-absorbs the unborn young. Many predators will eat their newborn they know they cant support them. Nature can look after itself, it needs no help from us.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I have seen it before that's why I only get locally sourced meat, that is butchered at a farm and sold at that farms shop.
I don't think anyone has said they don't care how the animal is killed or raised, like I said before you gotta respect the animal...and pray to the Pig God if it is Bacon

LOL

I hear ya but caring about how they live/die is one thing, seeing and actually knowing is a completely different kettle of fish.

I think from now on everyone should be made to watch that movie before they are allowed to eat meat or wear fur/leather. Guaranteed alot less meat/fur/leather would get sold.

P.s To all the idiots out there who will want to attack the last line of the post, dont bother I know its silly and unrealistic but once again Im allowed to dream *sigh*

P.p.s I live in a Muslim country, Im not allowed to pray to the bacon god

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by satellite1

reject
reply to post by Bybyots

edit on 8-12-2013 by reject because:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

You know nothing when it comes to the outdoors here in the states. For the simple fact that you say predators will keep the numbers thinned out. Wrong!! Want to know why? Because we already killed them off too. If there is nothing to keep the herd thinned out then guess what happens.
edit on 8-12-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Thank you for your message. I do not think there is any right or wrong to this. If peeps want to eat meet that is up to them. If peeps ask me about it i will tell them i think it is cruel. In my eyes it is an act of bullying we do not need to eat meat to survive. Peeps eat it because they can and because that is what we did in the past.

If you have time watch the earthling video i posted earlier. It goes through our relationships with animals in different ways. For me it was a real eye opener..

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Then nature should take it's course, that's why they get diseased because there is too many of them

There are not too many of them. We are living through a mass extinction because of the way we mange our home. Creatures go exinct every day some of which have never been recorded by science..

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Then nature should take it's course, that's why they get diseased because there is too many of them

There are not too many of them. We are living through a mass extinction because of the way we mange our home. Creatures go exinct every day some of which have never been recorded by science..

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

What you seem to be saying is that a few species or animals that are kept in a semi natural conditions without top predators need to be culled. That may well be the case but most animals are not need of culling. They struggle or become extinct.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Have watched it and it was what made me change some of my habits.
Ive posted it on ATS before a well and I dont think one person watched it, or if they did they didnt say so in the thread it was posted in

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

So since you know so much, care to tell me what the deers natural predator is in its native habitat?

I patiently await your response.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

rival
Yes, the poor animals.

The poor mice we poison...the poor harmless snakes we stomp for no reason.

How about insects?....the poor ants we kill by the billions, the poor
harmless spider we crush with malice...the bugs on our windshields...

How about we poor humans...we poor hypocritical humans

Well actually you have a point, be it a silly one or not. Who says humans get to play god and kill what they want? No one can help killing a bug while driving, as I say, silly.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

"Maybe the OP would like it better for the animals to overpopulate then die due to starvation or disease. Hunting is needed to keep the numbers low enough so they can survive"

Have a look at third world countries, heck have a look at all countries. Are humans not overpopulated? Is there not a starvation issue or disease issue?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

satellite1
I'm tired of seeing people glorifying the killing of animals. Almost every day I see pictures posted of people "proud" of their offspring or husbands/wives etc for their kill(s), complete with an image of a dead dear, eyes still open, blood drenched at the foot of a smiling killer. It hurts and sickens me. I feel so sorry for the animals. No one cares that these animals are desperate, seeking food for their own. No one sees "life" in these beautiful animals, they just see a 6 pointer to put on their walls. The camo clothing complete with orange hats has become fashion as well. You see mothers with kids wearing this gear out shopping. Kids are having this "killer" instinct bred into them from birth, that its OK to kill animals. Wouldn't it be fun if the tables were turned and these hunters became the hunted. In the middle of the forest, no clothes, no weapons nothing. Just trying to survive while being hunted by animals. Not nice. While i'm ranting, I also hate seeing those trucks packed with pigs and chickens etc. I saw a truck packed, and I mean packed with chickens. They were so packed in, I thought they were dead, no room for movement, legs sticking out everywhere. I felt so sad for them. I sometimes think i'm alone in feeling sorry for these animals, why doesn't anyone see it how I do? They are animals trying to survive just like us. Rant over with.

Peace

I think most of the hunters in this thread have failed to understand my rant. In my opinion, and going by the pictures and attitudes of others. It "seems" to me like the hunter does not see the "life" in these creatures. Yes some see the beauty of nature but that's not the point. Show me a picture of a deer, a pig, a cow etc etc and I see beauty, a creature with a heart and soul like mine. We all live on this planet and I don't see why I should play god and deserve anything more than they do. A hunter CANNOT see it the way I do or they wouldn't be looking down the barrel in the first place. I am not saying no one should eat meat, I don't have that power, each to their own, I am talking about the life being taken and the glorification of a death of another being. I am talking about those animals on their way to slaughter, crammed in to trucks. Those images are disturbing to me and I don't see many people around me that see what I see LIFE.

Each to their own
Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Ever been hungry? I mean starving? you would bash the head in of those fluffy animals If you ever had been.
We eat meat...get over it.
Like I said respect and treat them well right until we butcher them for food.
Killing for sport is wrong many have said so, many of the hunters have said so and respect the animal they kill for food.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

So put your energy into saving those in the third world countries instead of whining about the poor animals...
Makes me so mad that people care more for animals than their fellow human beings.
Like Organizations like PETA who sponsor people to kill humans....scumbags.
edit on 9-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The lifestyles being promoted by developed countries alone is responsible for the deaths of billions, even trillions of animals and creatures.

From logging to real estate to mining to manufacturing destroying and poisoning their homes.

Not to mention the trash that goes to the sea...

It's ironic to think that even if you never hunted down animals but if you love and contribute to our greedy system, you have blood of animals and even people on your hands! Like those people who died in Bangladesh clothing factory just so they can make your clothes cheap by their cheap labor just so that company can make lots of profits and also pay your salary...

Will you be able to trade your lives with those who make your clothes in Bangladesh or Pakistan or those who make your electronics gadgets in China????

Of course not!!! But WHY???? This world is sooo evil! Just saying.... and everyone is soooo blind about it!! Maybe they want to be blind so they don't have to feel guilty of having a good life that won't be possible by discriminating people around the world according to their citizenship otherwise, there won't be cheap labor.. We are still in the dark ages folks!

Hope this world ends soon. Most people are just born into misery! Only few % of this world has okay life like those in developed countries, even fewer who has reasonable degree of freedom. The rest are just slaves!
edit on 9-12-2013 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Many people do not realize that hunting animals is the absolute most humane way to harvest meat.

Lets focus on deer for example...I hunt deer in PA. Those animals roam freely throughout their life. They eat whatever they want, drink from whatever water source they want, and breed as much as they want. There is no one sticking needles in them, keeping them in a small cage their entire life, no one forcing them to eat food they would otherwise not eat. Besides the harsh winters, they have it really really good.

Those deer when hunted/killed...only experience pain for a very short amount of time before they die. Yes sometimes hunters wound a deer and it could take days for them to die/bleed out. Thats never good...and no hunter wants to do that. But the bottom line is up until that point they could do whatever the hell they wanted, which is great.

Now imagine the factory farming that goes on...lets focus on pigs. They are confined to really small pens where they basically have to climb over each other for their entire life. The "mom" pigs are shoved in a cage where she cant even turn around. She is bred over and over again. Watch some clips on youtube of what they do to the piglets. Its pretty horrific. These factory farmed animals are prisoners until the die. They have no hope.

Local farms are usually much better at the ethical treatment of their livestock. Those are the ones you should be buying your meats/dairy from if you have that option.

Ive gradually started to wheen myself of of meats/dairy unless I know where it came from. I would gladly pay a higher fee to eat meat where I know the animals were treated better. Ive actually stopped drinking milk all together. Yes I realize cows need to be milked...but again the factory farms where milk is produced is still really bad. The bottom line is there needs to be a more humane way to harvest meat/dairy from these major players in this market.

This is the reason why I disagree with the OP. If anything people should be forced at some point in their life to harvest their own meat if they want to eat meat. They need to realize that a life is being taken. If you're ok with that then continue on. If you're not ok with that then maybe change your diet. Humans are so detached where their food comes from. They simply go to the grocery store and pick out what they want not thinking what that food source may have had to endure.

edit: I do agree with the OP on the ethical treatment of animals. All animals should be treated with care before they're killed. Thats the bottom line. Anyone who thinks its ok to abuse any living thing is out of their mind.
edit on 9-12-2013 by sprint34 because: to add on to what op said...

edit on 9-12-2013 by sprint34 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

satellite1
I'm tired of seeing people glorifying the killing of animals.

Agreed whole heartedly satellite1. Providing a voice for the voiceless. May I add my bit to your rant. And no person better at "glorifying the killing of animals" than Lion hunter Melissa Bachman,

Imagine, someone who has all the resources to buy
luxury first-class travel on a luxury airliner
all the most modern equipment
the best guides to point out the target and how and where to aim and whatever
oh, and don't forget the outfit and coiffure
just to put the cross-wires of high-tech telescopic sights onto the vital organ of some innocent "trophy"
and bang, another well-hunted trophy.

Now is that not something to be admired?

Someone tell me what I am missing?

I have seen one of these high-tech gun-toting heroes reclining in his sitting room bedecked with every part of an animal, drinking beer from his table made with the legs of an antelope, the head hanging above the fireplace, the rest of the hide adorning the floor, and the ars*e*hole .... oh sorry, he was the one drinking the beer...

edit on 9-12-2013 by KenArten because: small correction

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I believe there is a hunter in us no matter how advanced we become as a society. Yes is it sad and it only took one time for me hunting to realize this wasn't for me. I can respect the people that hunt to eat and survive. Not the sport hunters though. I am glad you brought this up because to me as well it is heart wrenching and saddening to see this. I actually almost broke down a while back due to finding out the black rhino became extinct. I have lost hope in mankind when it comes to the killing for a quick buck. Hunt to eat and survive not to collect and gain. That's all I have to say and I am sorry if I offended any of you sport hunters out there. The Indians had it right. Respect your kill and honor it. Thank it and use every bit of it.
edit on 9-12-2013 by VoidWalker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join