It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quotes About Bankers, Banking, Money, and Usury In Chronological Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I know this isn't just about the U.S., but it's not really a conspiracy either because these are historical quotes, and I didn't find a "bankster avarice" forum, so I wasn't sure where to put this. If there is a more appropriate forum, please move... and if the mods feel it appropriate, go ahead and name me and shame me so I know better next time

Most of these quotes will be familiar to those already familiar with bankster history, but I found it interesting reading them in chronological order and watching the progression to where we are now. It begins with a quote from Democritus in 400 BC:

"People sometimes rationalize their greed by saying that it is all for the good of their children but this is nothing but an excuse they use to make their despicable actions appear respectable and praiseworthy." -- Democritus (460-370 BC) Greek philosopher

And ends with a quote from Senator Dick Durbin from 2009:

"The banks -- hard to believe in a time when we're facing a banking crisis that many of banks created -- are still the most powerful lobby on Capitol Hill. They frankly own the place." -- U.S. Senator Dick Durbin, Democratic Party Whip, April 30, 2009

With quotes such as this sandwiched in between:

"Capital must protect itself in every possible way, both by combination and legislation. Debts must be collected, mortgages foreclosed as rapidly as possible. When, through process of law, the common people lose their homes, they will become more docile and more easily governed through the strong arm of the government applied by a central power of wealth under leading financiers. These truths are well known among our principal men, who are now engaged in forming an imperialism to govern the world. By dividing the voters through the political party system, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting for questions of no importance. It is thus, by discrete action, we can secure for ourselves that which has been so well planned and so successfully accomplished." -- Montagu Norman, Governor of The Bank Of England, addressing the United States Bankers' Association, New York, 1924.

Not much more to say really. They've said enough.

Source
edit on 8-12-2013 by Boadicea because: To add link... (hanging my head in shame)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Boadicea

maybe they said enough , but i don't think that they've done enough , those crocks arrgghh
one day just one day .

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
According to that timeline it was eleven years after the artificial depression,
caused by bankers,
that the revolution started.

No wonder Washington's troops were so poorly equipped.
It was a rebellion of the destitute against the money masters.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

mikegrouchy
According to that timeline it was eleven years after the artificial depression,
caused by bankers,
that the revolution started.

No wonder Washington's troops were so poorly equipped.
It was a rebellion of the destitute against the money masters.

That was new information for me. So it wasn't just the taxes, but the monetary manipulation that wreaked havoc in the colonies, prompting revolution. Apparently much the same for the War of 1812:

“Either the application for renewal of the charter (for the First Bank of the United States) is granted, or the United States will find itself involved in a most disastrous war.” -- Baron Nathan Mayer Rothschild (1777-1836) London jewish financier, one of the founders of the jewish international Rothschild banking dynasty

Will we ever learn? (shaking my head...)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Many religions warn us of money lenders and those who will charge interest with a negative outcome. Even religions dated as far as 2000 years B.C. in India were against usury and the practice of money lending with interest.

Link

It is amazing how we don't learn from our mistakes. History is useless because we just repeat it anyways!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

"The banks -- hard to believe in a time when we're facing a banking crisis that many of banks created -- are still the most powerful lobby on Capitol Hill. They frankly own the place." -- U.S. Senator Dick Durbin, Democratic Party Whip, April 30, 2009

That is utter bullsnip.

The most powerful 'lobbyists' on capitol hill are the political parties. Democrats/Republicans.

D's and R's are the ones who created fiat currency.

They are the ones who created the federal reserve, and manipulate the masses in to fighting over thin air..

The only people who create 'crisis' are those poiticians, and they also create manufactured vilians that Americans have been 'hearing' about for over 100 years.

It would be nice to hear an original thought for once instead of the same recycled rhetoric that banks and corporations are evil incarnate.

IF people can't see that deflection or what it is there is no hope for this country.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

More new information. Thank you for the link. Now I want to check out Brahmin and other Hindu writings on the subject. It gets interestinger and interestinger.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

neo96

The most powerful 'lobbyists' on capitol hill are the political parties. Democrats/Republicans.
They are the ones who created the federal reserve, and manipulate the masses in to fighting over thin air.

There's definitely enough blame to go around. I wouldn't think of denying congress critters the "credit" they deserve. But the guilt of congress doesn't excuse the bad behavior of the banksters. That's why we have terms such as "co-conspirators" in our vocabulary and penal codes.

neo96

It would be nice to hear an original thought for once instead of the same recycled rhetoric that banks and corporations are evil incarnate.

It would be even nicer if we didn't have banksters and corpsters behaving badly... and so many people turning a blind eye as they run roughshod over our Constitution and economy and society in general. It sure makes it tough on the good bankers and corporations and all of us.

neo96

IF people can't see that deflection or what it is there is no hope for this country.

Deflection? I took it as an admission that he had sold his soul (and his vote). Banksters can't "own that place" unless they own the congress critters.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It would be even nicer if we didn't have banksters and corpsters behaving badly... a

That really was hilarious.

People really think behavior can be legislated.

How has that been working out for 200 years?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

neo96

People really think behavior can be legislated.

How has that been working out for 200 years?

Oooh! I know! I know! (Waving hand wildly in the air in my best Horshak impression)

neo96

They are the ones who created the federal reserve, and manipulate the masses in to fighting over thin air..
The only people who create 'crisis' are those poiticians, and they also create manufactured vilians that Americans have been 'hearing' about for over 100 years.

There. You said it so well the first time, it bears repeating!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Do you realize that the quote attributed to Norman Montagu was not actually said by him? If you google "Bankers Manifesto of 1892", you will find the same passage.

There was an article in the Aug 1920 issue of "Bankers Magazine" that mentioned this passage and that it was from an 1892 political pamphlet. The article was in response to claims that the passage originated with the magazine. This is 4 years before Norman Montagu supposedly said it.

The passage was mentioned again in "Bankers Magazine" in 1933 when they rebutted a 2nd time that the passage originated in magazine, citing the 1920 article.

It has also been claimed that the passage was read into the Congressional record by Charles Lindbergh Sr sometime between 1907 and 1917.
edit on 8/12/13 by erwalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by erwalker

I know I accidentally reversed Montagu Norman's name.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by erwalker

No, I did not know that. Interesting. But not sure what to think yet... there's nothing new under the sun? The more things change the more they stay the same? It seems to apply equally today

My apologies for not replying sooner. For some reason I didn't get a msg from ATS. I just happened to notice a new comment on my threads list.

top topics

join