It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptists ‘booking flights’ for Johannesburg to protest Mandela’s funeral

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Except I have yet to see them stone anyone.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

badgerprints

InFriNiTee
With all the money these stupid churches fritter away I have just one question.

To be fair.
Westborough Baptist doesn't exactly fit in the same category as any actual church. Or Baptists. Or humans that live in any place named Westborough.

They're more like a a maladritic kennel of hate.

Your point is not wrong, just misplaced if you think Westborough Baptist Church has any similarity to any true religious organization...at least on this planet.

edit on 7-12-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

I've met enough real Baptists in life that are scary judge"mental"! In fact they are a big reason I don't hang out with very many religious people. Oh the thousands of things I can think of that this money could be better spent on!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

They do that in private.
BTW anyone seen Red State?

WARNING A FEW SWEAR WORDS.

It is so based on the WBC, If you have not seen it you need to find it, the ending is the best ending I have seen in ages.
edit on 7-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
We should all chip in and wave them goodbye.

Then when they get there put them on the no-fly list so they can not come back.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have not seen Red State. I go out of my way to avoid watching things that try to insult me simply for being who I am - a small town, flyover Christian, thanks. There are a lot of people who see some idiots and decide we're all like that. It's insulting.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Are these people from the Westboro Baptist church crazy. The laws are different in other countries, the government there will not stop citizens from attacking these protesters....Hmmm...maybe our government should let them go...one way of getting rid of these people.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

InFriNiTee

badgerprints

InFriNiTee

To be fair.
Westborough Baptist doesn't exactly fit in the same category as any actual church. Or Baptists. Or humans that live in any place named Westborough.

Your point is not wrong, just misplaced if you think Westborough Baptist Church has any similarity to any true religious organization...at least on this planet.

I've met enough real Baptists in life that are scary judge"mental"! In fact they are a big reason I don't hang out with very many religious people. Oh the thousands of things I can think of that this money could be better spent on!

I've met plenty of Baptists too. Strangely enough, after being one for nearly half a century, I haven't met these crazy insane ones that everybody claims to see everywhere.

I mean, I've seen Westborough on the news and seen all of the movies where every Baptist is a psycho. I even saw the televangelist money machine in action back in the seventies but didn't see it as being what I was raised to be.

I've traveled a lot. Even after having long term friendships with atheists, agnostics, Jews, Moslems, Methodists, Catholics, Buddists, Hindus and even super left wing liberals who really seem to know all about them... I've never had anyone ask me if I was one of those scary Baptists.

Maybe the real Baptists have just been having their 'scary' church activities when I'm not around.

I mean, I'm sure every group has the extremists as Westborough obviously demonstrates but I don't think it's any more prevalent than the extremism in any other religion, culture, political or social group.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Westboro Baptists ‘booking flights’ for Johannesburg to protest Mandela’s funeral

Oh, this I've gotta see! Please let it be true!
edit on 7-12-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because, eh?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

InFriNiTee

badgerprints

InFriNiTee

To be fair.

Not me. Baptists can be a little zealous depending on what baptists youre talking about, but not mental. Not Westboro mental anyway. Westboro being "baptist" is sort of like a pig calling itself a hamster.Baptists are alright. Good potluck dinners too! Those baptist women are competitive.. which results in some darned good eatin'. Forget crashing weddings.. crash a baptist funeral. Best hash brown casseroles in the country.
Now the ones who scare me are those death cult catholics...

Im really shooting for offending everyone this weekend... Bout halfway there now.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

They know, they might face prison time, if that goes through? In SA hate speech is illegal:

From Wiki:

In South Africa, hate speech (along with incitement to violence and propaganda for war) is specifically excluded from protection of free speech in the Constitution. The Promotion of Equality and Prevention of Unfair Discrimination Act, 2000 contains the following clause:
[N]o person may publish, propagate, advocate or communicate words based on one or more of the prohibited grounds, against any person, that could reasonably be construed to demonstrate a clear intention to―
be hurtful;
be harmful or to incite harm;
promote or propagate hatred.[51]
The "prohibited grounds" include race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth.

en.wikipedia.org...

I doubt US government will let it happen.

1) It will embarrass the country
2) Can cause international conflict, if something happens to them
3) They have publicly announced they are leaving US to another country for breaking the laws there...

US constitution does not provide free speech in other countries...

If you leave the country, you have to respect the laws in the country. If I come to US, I have to live by US rules, if you come here, respect the laws here.

Consider that Mandela was a national hero, if that idiocracy goes through, either the crowds or the police gets them. One-way ticket in both cases.
edit on 7-12-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
They can buy all the tickets they want but they aren't going anywhere. The whole congregation and support group has been placed on the "no fly list" so they aren't going beyond the security gate and will probably be treated like scum bags by the TSA. Just flush them out of the terminal.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I would agree with you there. I have met some of the extremists you are talking about. By no means am I saying that I dislike all Baptists. I think there are a couple I have met in my life that seem like decent people. I have met more than 2 of the other type though. The type of people who say that you shouldn't take medication, becasue your disease is caused by Satan. The ones who say that you need to throw all medicine away and pray for God to free you from the demons/disease, and if He doesn't- you're destined to burn in Hell for all eternity. Those type. They are scary people.
edit on 12/7/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Wow they already know how they are going to spend that money fro Paul Walkers Donation jar.

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

You can donate to Reach Out WorldWide through the organization's website. You can select to give $10, $25, $50 or $100 or write in an amount of your choosing and pay by credit card. You can also make a monthly donation. You can donate by mail by sending your contributions to the following address:
Reach Out WorldWide Foundation
700 S. Flower St. #201
Burbank, CA 91502
You can also send an email to [email protected]. Reach Out also accepts donations via PayPal from its Facebook page.
Universal has already announced that it will donate part of the proceeds from the DVD sales of Fast & Furious 6, the most recent installment in the hit franchise, to Reach Out. The DVD will go on sale in North America on Dec. 10.

Reach Out World Wide Partners.

www.roww.org...

HEROES MEMORIAL FOUNDATION

Heroes Memorial Foundation is a full service non-profit organization that is dedicated to Honoring our Heroes better. We are proud to be partners with this great organization. Visit their site at www.heroesmemorial.org.

And HEROES MEMORIAL FOUNDATION Public Information Officer

heroesmemorial.org...

Paul and his wife Karen were married in 2005, and while they have no children, they have rescued 4 dogs. They live in a rural area with 10 acres of land, they both enjoy riding motorcycles and are both active members in the Patriot Guard Riders of New York, protecting the sanctity of funerals for Military, Law Enforcement Officers, EMS and Fire Fighters. In their spare time they like to Cruise the Caribbean.

That group was started in connection with the fake Westboro Baptist Church protest.

en.wikipedia.org...

The group was formed in 2005,[13] to shelter and protect the deceased's family against protesters from the Westboro Baptist Church, who claim that the deaths of American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan are divine retribution for American tolerance of homosexuality. PGR members position themselves to physically shield the mourners from the presence of the Westboro protesters by blocking the protesters from view with their motorcade, or by having members hold American flags. The group also drowns out the protesters' chants by singing patriotic songs or by revving motorcycle engines.

Ever feel like our government is playing games with the world?

Arrest them at the airport on terrorism charges!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Arrest them at the airport on terrorism charges!

At US airports? No way... as disgusting as they are they haven't broken any laws here. Let them go to SA where they can be denied admittance and will have spent their money for no reason.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchAngel_X

If this is Not a PR stunt,I can assure you if they come to spew their venom at Mandela's funeral and memory,it will be their last protest.Their last anything.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I believe in freedom of expression- even for these as.shats. I also believe in the freedom of the retaliation of anti-hatred minded folks to do what is right. I hope these ftards get what they have coming.

RIP Mr. Mandela, an angel if there ever was one (avenging and shining).

[-i am an atheist using common words]

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Raxoxane
reply to post by ArchAngel_X

If this is Not a PR stunt,I can assure you if they come to spew their venom at Mandela's funeral and memory,it will be their last protest.Their last anything.

All joking aside.
Well, they DO look at themselves as modern day martyrs. Im sure they know this concerning the high emotion and tension concerning Mandelas funeral... and are hoping for it. Id be interested in seeing which ones choose ( or are sent) to go to S.A. and which ones are left behind to carry on the martyrdom torch. Im sure you know as most others.. Westboro Church really feels they are superior to the rest of us. They have convinced themselves they actually matter. If they were harmed, their weirdo followers would only see them going to glory. In all truth, the biggest poo on their party would be if they were completely ignored like the insignificant fringe group they are. Strangely enough, they seem to really get something out of being hated.. as if the more theyre hated, the closer they are to God. Screwy bunch.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Probably paid out of black ops or cia or government funds, which means, likely to be tax payers funds in secret....or some sponsoring corporation in allignment with the black ops. Because these guys do seem to be tools to me.
edit on 7-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The WBC tried to come up to Canada once, and they found out that the rules arent the same up here. No matter how similar our cultures are, the rules are different. The WBC isnt going to Africa. Thet would be killed in an instant if not by the natives, then by one of their many hate-stalkers. There are people literally waiting for them to enter a country that wont give them police protection, i may not have proof but there is no way you can piss off that many people without making a few crazy enemies.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

ketsuko
I have not seen Red State. I go out of my way to avoid watching things that try to insult me simply for being who I am - a small town, flyover Christian, thanks. There are a lot of people who see some idiots and decide we're all like that. It's insulting.

I would suggest and have been suggesting, for a while now, that you and your fellow members speak up and condemn this sort of nonsense. I believe firmly that mostly, religious folk are moderate, and therefore not crazy.

Yet being the majority, somehow they have the smallest voice on the national stage. It's entirely dominated by extremists. Yet they represent so little of you.

Then again, replace religion with another issuye such as abortion, gun control etc. and you'll find the above to be true as well.

~Tenth

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join