It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobu Tamura's Paleoart Portfolio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I was chasing some odd links that I came across about dinosaur's when I found this guy's art.I find it quite interesting. It's his interpertation of what is known about some of the fossils that have been found,including some rather recent ones.

He has been at this for about 6 years,and is going to stop doing this to persue other things.According to a link I read, (that I can no longer find as I did not save it),sorry, He started to paint dino's because he couldn't find any good pic's of them when he searched the net.

These are the interpertations he came up with.His Blog Site with his art

This is a site which uses some of his illustrations.This is a site which uses his art

I wanted to post some of the images,But my upload feature doesn't work,hense the links.Hope everyone finds this art to be as interesting as I did.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

I love Dinos, I've imagined Dinos were very colorful and distinct looking. I've always had issues with them being portrayed in a plain greyish or tan color alone.

Thanks for the links

edit on 7-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Glad that you enjoyed this.I was really taken by how the artist portrayed the animals.I thought that he did a good job with what we know know about these animals.

Since there are other sites using his art,he may be on to something as the other sites like his portrayals enough to use them.

I really like how he has used feathers particularly with the ancient birds.Many of these fossils have been found recently in China.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There's a man after my own heart. As a kid growing up there were several displays at the Rochester Museum of Natural History that always fascinated me depicting life in Devonian and Silurian seas. Those giant models were downright scary as a child and no doubt figured in my early interest in art since the first thing I remember drawing was - dinosaurs, that's right.
I also got to go the World's fair in NY (64?) where they had the dinoland exhibit. I collected plastic dinos everywhere I went and started looking at rocks hoping to find fossils. In upstate NY you can find them fairly often though I've since lost track of rock and fossil finds.
Tamura has a rare gift of imagination to bring these animals to life using only the bones as guides to create them from. What an amazing catalog of work in only a few short years.
Really nice work, thanks for sharing Gurkha.
edit on 7-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

top topics

join