It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brotherhood....(military pic)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The pic says it all

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

The caption says it all Homer

Nice find SnF

Cody

edit on 7/12/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I found the pic, and turned it into the meme

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I've never served but I think I have a fair idea of camaraderie, the kinship felt among those who serve in the armed forces. It forms a lifetime bond that skips generations and connects you with every other soldier who's ever served.
These are the men you entrusted your life with and likewise they with you.
Duty, honor, sacrifice.
Certainly the full meaning of which is understood by the men pictured.
Doesn't mean us civvies can't appreciate that sentiment too.
Yet as a general rule I think it is correct, most people have no clue how deep that bond truly is.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I think that pic is ignorant.
I have never served and I understand brotherhood.

I understand compassion and being sympathetic to what you guys go through.
I have also probably spent more time studying survival and never needed Marines around me to do it....if you have never lived my life....you probably would never be able to understand it.

Challenge me...don't tell me or give me a slogan.
If you have never been me....you won't understand....it goes both ways.

I liked the pic...I dislike the message.

edit on 7-12-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

HomerinNC
reply to post by cody599

I found the pic, and turned it into the meme

I'd gladly share a beer with you any time Homer
But it could get messy

Cody

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I understand your opinion and respect that. I will stand by mine, if youve never been placed in the situation those Marines might have been thru, then you wouldnt understand.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I don't think that you do GET it. At least, not in anything you convey in your post. You seem defensive of your own image of yourself.

I know several Marines from the 'Nam era and there different than about any group that you can mention. They pride themselves on being different and that means tougher and better in most respects. If you don't understand Semper Fi, than, indeed, you don't understand. (I was US Army.)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

As a civilian,I have been in situations you can't imagine.....being alone with no support,you have the marines or military to help you.
We civilians might have it tougher then you because we are doing it alone......don't glamorize your situation...it makes us all look dumb.
i am happy you respect my position....but remember nobody gets out alive.
War is not there to see who is right....its there to see who is left.

But hey,what do I know...I am just a dumb civilian??

edit on 7-12-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

HomerinNC

I understand your opinion and respect that. I will stand by mine, if youve never been placed in the situation those Marines might have been thru, then you wouldnt understand.

Although I wasn't a Marine I was in the Army I have been through many of the same kind of situations these Marines have been through so I understand. Personally I find it disrespectful to drink at the graveside of a fallen comrade. Do the drinking at a bar or when you and the guys are fishing, camping or some other activity you enjoyed doing together. But at their grave you show your respect because they paid the highest price to earn it.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I know several Marines from the 'Nam era and there different than about any group that you can mention. They pride themselves on being different and that means tougher and better in most respects.

That is drilled into their heads as part of their basic training. The movie that shows this best was the movie Platoon R Lee Emery was a Marine DI in RL. The Marines are taught to rely more on teamwork than what the Army teaches.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

buster2010

HomerinNC

Although I wasn't a Marine I was in the Army I have been through many of the same kind of situations these Marines have been through so I understand. Personally I find it disrespectful to drink at the graveside of a fallen comrade. Do the drinking at a bar or when you and the guys are fishing, camping or some other activity you enjoyed doing together. But at their grave you show your respect because they paid the highest price to earn it.

To each his own. I personally would encourage my buddies to have a brew with me at my graveside and I know they would as I would do the same for them.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I think my understanding is about as close as one can get without actually being in the military. I did work as a private contractor for several years with USMC scout sniper school in Quantico. I also worked at the Marine Corps Raider museum in Richmond, VA and have a lifelong interest in the military and weaponry. I also have several dear friends that served in the corps.

Those marines I worked with were the best students I ever had. They had better focus, stamina and attitudes than anyone other group (among various LE agencies).

As a parent I know I would gladly trade my life for that of one of my sons. Their bond is the same - brothers in arms who would give their life in a second to save their comrades.

So, what part is it I really don't get here?

I know where "leatherneck" came from, what fighting tops are, who the 20thMAB and the Makin Island raiders were, why we were in Tripoli 200 years ago, who was Chesty Puller and a few other "fun" facts about them.
Like I said I'm a civvie but what do I know?
edit on 7-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

new topics

top topics

join