It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Spy Satellite Logo Not At All Subtle: Octopus Enveloping The Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Don't you know they do it in our best interest?
Why of course they do.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Its Iridium constellation. Search ATS.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

Piss poor choice.? How about really effective choice.They are not pulling any punches. They are through pussy footing around.
IN YOUR FACE !!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Well don't worry. If they turn on us we will see them coming.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Luckily for us Octopi are not suited for the rigors of travel in outer space. Seriously though they usually cast themselves as protectors, highlighting their "noble" intentions rather than a bulging leviathan bent on global domination. Embracing their "true colors" perchance?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
That picture is just arrogance.... octopuss needs knocked off its perch.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Looks Marvel to me.
All hail HYDRA!

edit on 7-12-2013 by vip867 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

I think this just adds to what I posted a couple of weeks ago about "SPY!".
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It just seems that our entire economy is based on "SPY!" and "SECURITY!".

I just can't figure just how this is suppose to be "profitable" or adding to the GDP.

I think it's just the exact opposite. I think that it is an economic drain that will ultimately lead to a Dead-End ... once the market is saturated on top of saturation.

That facility in Utah is collecting so much data that in no way can I imagine how it does any good if you can't evaluate it in the near-term.

If I'm promoting anything, it is to promote these concepts in an attempt to demonstrate the futility of all the Domestic-"SPY!"'ns-around.

The Real-Solution:

If there were some way to get back to some Reasonable Honesty with each other, much less of the (easily abused?) Electronic Surveillance would be necessary and replaced with ... Homeland-"Citizenry"-Security.

-
The Worse Part:

Many of our natural resources are exported for refinement. And then sold back to us! Cotton is one very simple example. We use to have weaving machines in this country and making our own denim for jeans and providing jobs ... (and adding to the GDP).

edit on 7-12-2013 by FarleyWayne because: An attempt to Connect the GDP dots.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is like something out of a comic book, a la Doctor Octopus.

villains.wikia.com...

It's creepy, it is in poor taste, and octopi are gross, vicious creatures.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

ItDepends
reply to post by FailedProphet

Not really sure what that could be, but the logo is pretty darn cool. OH, btw, your source link does not work, I get a '404' not listed. But apparently it is a secret space satellite for the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) hence the NROL (Lift)

More details of the NROL here!

However, WHAT is interesting is the U.S. Air Force's Mysterious X-37B Space Plane.

The U.S. Air Force's mysterious X-37B space plane is nearing a major milestone — one year of travel in Earth orbit, performing duties in support of long-term space objectives.

The unmanned X-37B spacecraft — flying a mission known as Orbital Test Vehicle 3 (OTV-3) — launched into space atop an Atlas 5 rocket from Florida’s Cape Canaveral Air Force Station on Dec. 11, 2012. What payloads the space plane is toting and the overall mission goals on its confidential cruise are classified.

Mysterious X-37B Space Plane

Between this project, The NSA and the dozens of 'Black Projects' and Secret Sites and their missions, it doesn't surprise me that 'someone' feels that have complete coverage or near complete coverage of what is happening from a covert and/or overt operational situation.

Afterall, they do call it 'Dreamland'. Peace

edit on 6-12-2013 by ItDepends because: added add'l comment

Could be one of those Mentor or Advanced Orion signals-intelligence satellites - they have a reception dish about 100m in diameter (it folds up like a camera flash bulb reflector)

www.dailywireless.org...

They're designed to picked up electromagnetic transmissions; radio waves, TV broadcasts, control signals, just about anything an army or air force would use to communicate. Rumored to even include the signals from computers and monitors.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I personally wouldn't look too much into this, myself. It's quite easy to construe a darker, deeper meaning behind this patch design given the agency it's attached to, but it could have also been designed lightheartedly by some individuals within. A tongue-in-cheek lampoon in order to get some chuckles, if you will.

Other government agencies are no stranger to odd patch insignias. I'm sure some of us here have seen a few military ones that would make ordinary civilians do a double-take. And even NASA has released a few doozies in their day, some as referenced in the following link:

www.wired.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

LOL they are literally feeding the "conspiracy" frenzy now arent they, makes you wonder whether they are that confident or, now that the cat is out of the bag, they are starting to get an itsby bit apprehensive. We shouldn't really know about what super secret spy sat delivery devices have painted on them should we, so either it is humour for those few in the know or just another blatant psyop, with deliberate leakage intended to strike fear at at time when the game is almost up.

Ach well, thanks for posting this, I have showed a few people who are now more sure that they have lost the #ing plot.

I made this meme for irony sake a few days back, but it seems fitting to post it on this thread. Lets call it "when all other options have been exhausted"
Perhaps soon they will plaster the walls of the establishment, who knows perhaps they already do. It has been clear for a few years now that the people are the enemy.

I #ing hate tyranny.

edit ps
To the post above me, please do not try and write this off as just a doozle, you any idea what it takes to get approval in a corporation for a public facing (for instance website) logo? Care to imagine that in a government department such as this? now please consider the timing and the fact that this is not a sew on badge but a #ing space rocket.

edit on 7-12-2013 by Knowledgeisfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

adjensen
That seemed so ridiculous that I figured it was photoshopped.

Nope. Here's the official press release on the launch, which includes that logo: NROL-39 Scheduled to Launch with GEMSat Auxiliary Payload

Buncha creeps.
edit on 6-12-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

I have to wonder if this were some internal snarky commentary from a peon against the Boss Man. You know some depressed art major made to get A Real Job. "Hey let's draw up such a creepy and campily inappropriate logo, one that looks as if it came out of one of Blofeld's SPECTRE minions. The suits are so pathetic and unashamed of their own ego and power they might not even recognize the sarcasm."
edit on 7-12-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hopefully some other nation blows it out of orbit. This is pure arrogance. I can't wait 'til these people are wanted.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Dammit. Just when I was toying with the idea of being a freedom fighter they come up with these awesome Cthulhu-esque patches. Well... looks like I join the OTHER guys.

The husband showed me this.. he gave me the raised eyebrows, I returned the raised eyebrows.. mutual shoulder shrug. Now I await Hastur the Unspeakable.

AHem...

“Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Aw so cute, clueless delusions of grandeur.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

This is pure arrogance
reply to post by Fylgje

There's nothing to be arrogant about. It's in their head.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

There comes a time though, when there is an over-reach. America has breached that limit.
reply to post by beezzer

This has nothing to do with any "over-reach" of America.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VandalX

Haha, I''m with you and beezzer, Cthulhu is the first thing that came to my mind.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join