It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minimal threads seem to be getting more frequent

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I agree. I come here to get out of my own head, and learn about new things or new ways of looking at old things. Sometimes the pickin's are more than slim. I try to contribute but when I find something "good" I often just flag, star and move on without commenting. I do notice that detailed, well documented and well thought out threads tend not to get attention unless the poster is "popular" and has a "following." ...Just one of those facts-of-life things? Or maybe the bane of texting?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I always saw the "second line" thing to be sort of an ATS meme. One liners aren't always bad, sometimes what you have to say is short and concise, and overinflating such a thing with meaningless filler isn't going to help much

It seems to me, that ATS has been taken over by mainstream a lot in the past few years. Threads that are quite good, well thought out and researched get little attention. While MSM crap gets all the replies. Sad I guess, hoping to see it improve, which is why I am have stuck around thus far. I guess it don't help we have been forced to "tow the mainstream line" the past few years in certain topics. I think that is a big reason a lot of the users I used to enjoy communicating have since left.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I think it's a mistake to force something like this interaction to conform to any rigid protocols. It will most likely tend to suppress innovation and self-sustaining organization. You're proposing jamming a square peg into a polyhedron.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

i wouldn't call asking people to put in a bit more effort when composing a post a 'rigid protocol'. If people simply want to see who can be the first to re-post news they can always go to facebook.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Those types are star-"ladies of the night" and just want s&f's.

They might be after first posts on a certain subject they just saw on Drudge, physorg, yahoo, etc.

We all have seen it - a member will see something, take the time to put thought into his thread only to get closed because some jackass was quick on the draw.....only to post the link and maybe a one liner.

It is BS at times.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Also a very good point, people trying to be so quick to post before someone else they dont write anything of substance.

I must admit ive done it a few time but once i have posted a usually go back and try to add more filler.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join